[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's treason, then If God and Satan were real, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>it's treason, then
If God and Satan were real, with whom you would sympathies lie?
>>
>>480819

If God and Satan were real, than the book of Job rather firmly declares that Satan works for God, and there is no treason.
>>
>>480917
Doesn't declare that anywhere, m80
>>
>>480922

You haven't actually read Job, have you? Or did you somehow miss the parts where Satan walks up and down the earth, investigating things and then reporting them to God? Or how he has to ask God for permission before he starts smiting people?
>>
>>480927
I've read the Book of Job. None of that implies Satan works for God, just that he's an amiable adversary. Satan asks God for permission to smite Job because he's making a wager with him.
>>
>>480936

>None of that implies Satan works for God, just that he's an amiable adversary

I'm pretty sure asking God for permission to do things implies that he works for God. And you know, traveling with the other angels and all that who are going to present themselves before their lord.

>Satan asks God for permission to smite Job because he's making a wager with him.

Yeah, such enemies that they make bets.
>>
>>480954
>I'm pretty sure asking God for permission to do things implies that he works for God
It implies Satan and God are going to work according to certain rules of the wager. Satan isn't going to just fuck up Job's shit without talking to God, because God could just restore it all in an instant. Satan wants to make sure God won't interfere, and also wants to rub it all in God's face

>And you know, traveling with the other angels and all that who are going to present themselves before their lord.
It says God's sons, which Satan still is. Satan is not presenting himself in some sort of role call, but comes there specifically to make a wager with God. Notice that in Hebrew it doesn't just Satan was among them, it says "and came also Satan", giving him a distinction from the generality of God's sons.
>>
>>480954
>Yeah, such enemies that they make bets.
Did you ever read The Postman Always Rings Twice?
>>
Satan, the one who wants humanity to escape from under the thumb of their creator.
>>
>>480819
>If God and Satan were real, with whom you would sympathies lie?

The Book of Isaiah says that god creates evil, so that must mean that Satan was created by God.

This also means that you are stupid if you go to the losing side.
>>
>>481020

>It implies Satan and God are going to work according to certain rules of the wager.

Except of course, that those aren't the terms of the "wager". Satan bets that if God touches Job's things, Job will blaspheme God to his face. God, in turn, subcontracts out the said smiting.

>Satan is not presenting himself in some sort of role call, but comes there specifically to make a wager with God. Notice that in Hebrew it doesn't just Satan was among them, it says "and came also Satan", giving him a distinction from the generality of God's sons.

It says no such thing.

>ויהי היום ויבאו בני האלהים להתיצב על־יהוה ויבוא גם־השטן בתוכם

And it was on a day that the sons of God came before the Lord and (coming) with them was Satan in their midst.
>>
>>481052
no he wants to destroy his creation lol
>>
File: 1437732327757.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1437732327757.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>481061
>Except of course, that those aren't the terms of the "wager". Satan bets that if God touches Job's things, Job will blaspheme God to his face. God, in turn, subcontracts out the said smiting.
So it's a bit off to suggest Satan is asking for permission in the servile sense, when he never explicitly asks.

>It says no such thing.

Don't try to pull that Pharisaic shell game with me
http://biblehub.com/text/job/1-6.htm
>>
well god is a hell of a lot scarier and more aggressive.
Im on satans side, without him we'd still be wearing leaves. (inb4 satan=/=serpent cuz nobody really knows)
>>
File: image.png (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
14 KB, 400x400
>>481249
>prefers disease, famine, war, murder, and death over nudity
baka
>>
>>481282
>nudity
more like ignorance.
I prefer war to ignorance.
>>
>>480917
Job is just a Hebrew adaptation of the story of The Righteous Sufferer anyway. If I were Christian I wouldn't consider it something that actually happened and more like an allegory. Something that shouldn't be taken literally but rather used as a hypothetical example to learn from.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.