[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the worst President in Mexican history? Was it Santa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1274849246995.png (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274849246995.png
51 KB, 400x400
Who was the worst President in Mexican history?

Was it Santa Anna?
Was it Juarez?
Was it Cardenas?
>>
>>480151
>Was it Santa Anna?
ABSOLUTELY YES.

>Was it Cardenas?
i used to think he was good cause of the whole oil thing, but now i realize he was a commie faggot who was chummy with that fat fuck diego rivera
>>
>>480151
>Who was the worst President in Mexican history?
All of them.

God save Maximillian.
>>
>not Felipe Calderón

He almost collapsed the country with his disastrous drug war.
>>
>>480257
He kinda kept it under control, though. Socially, that is. Peña Meme has no discretion, or even luck.
>>
File: img367[1].jpg (190 KB, 832x1232) Image search: [Google]
img367[1].jpg
190 KB, 832x1232
I'm mexican, it's hard to explain how each of the presidents has been a cancer to mexico.

the worst is Salinas de Gortari, he still fucking this country till this day.
>>
>>482538
would Colosio be a good president?
>>480166
Communism would be an improvement for Mexico. Except for rich fags but that is 5 percent or less of the population.
>>
>>482595

No he was the candidate for PRI, Sorry I didnt want to imply that Colosio would be a good president,
>>
>>482538
>IFE
>NAFTA
>Not some of the bests things to happen to Mexico.

There were plenty of shit presidents in Mexican history (all of them if you ask me) but no one has done more long term harm than Lázaro Cárdenas.

We could have had a strong private oil industry, supplying market jobs and opportunities for everyone, not to mention competitive pricing on gas. But instead we got nationalization, unionization and a seemingly endless supply of money for populist politicians (all of them) to bribe the people with welfare programs, making them dependent of the State instead of independent and able to look after themselves.
>>
File: 1426968456699.jpg (75 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1426968456699.jpg
75 KB, 900x900
>>480166
>>482595
>>484804
this.

fuck commiepexex, fuck expropriation, cfe and goverment monopoly in general.

also, fuck diaz ordaz, echeverria and co. for killing fucking students
>>
>>482538
I went to school with his son in London, that family is obscenely rich but the kids are pretty cool.
>>
>>480257
>Almost
I've seen 3 decapitation cases this week in my city. Fuck him and Peña
>>
>>482538
This is the only correct answer.
He basically fucked over the economy more than any other president in Mexico ever did.

>>486393
>killing fucking students
>killing Marxists Indians
>bad

I can't nope hard enough.

I would put Santa Anna as 2nd. Had he not backstabbed the liberals and not been a giant flip flopping faggot, he could possibly have held off the US by arming the peasants.
>>
>>486810
>mexican government
>arming peasants
remember 1910, that won't happen again

Marxists Indians are better than narcos and corrupt politicians.
>>
>>486841
Just promise to give them land (Fuck the caudillo scum) in the Northern Territories, that's all these hippies fucks want.

It will be easier to put them down should they try succeeding later on then dealing with the US. Especially since they will be spread out.
>>
File: Maximilian died like a bitch.jpg (38 KB, 347x480) Image search: [Google]
Maximilian died like a bitch.jpg
38 KB, 347x480
>>480254
>God save Maximillian.
fuck you and fuck that faggot puppet king
>>
File: justo.jpg (17 KB, 554x326) Image search: [Google]
justo.jpg
17 KB, 554x326
>>486978
>implying based max was killed
>>
>>480254
[spoiler]Pegasus?[/spoiler]
>>
>>486841
No they are not, at least corrupt politicians know that there needs to be an economy in order to steal from it.
>>
>>489289
>Mexico
>economy
the only reason you guys have an
>economy
is because you sent your unemployed to the U.S.

you guys are poor and fucked with violence and corruption.
>>
File: YMHZZ.png (140 KB, 637x477) Image search: [Google]
YMHZZ.png
140 KB, 637x477
>>489404
>>
>>480335
P Nieto is God-tier
>pumps out tons of early victories, seemingly immune to political capital constraints
>"teachers" and ronald reagan on suicide watch
>>
>>480151
What are the political parties like in Mexico? My parents talk about PAN and say PRI and PRD are shit, and based on what I've read (On Wikipedia that is), PAN is more right wing and for a more free market than the others that are leftists.
>>
>>490532
They are all corrupt. nominally PAN is right, PRI is center-leftist and used to be anti-colonialist (they supported Palestine, Cuba, numerous leftist movements in central America) PRD is more leftist.

But they are all very corrupt, PRD claims to be leftist but it was a PRD mayor who was responsible for the deaths of the 43 leftists students, with the help of the drug gangs, the drug gangs are aligned with everyone, it is well known that the PRI and the cartels are the same. PAN is equally corrupt.
>>
We are jodidos.

What's a good, unbiased source that tells Mexican History and with intelligent commentary on why things happened the way they did?
>>
>>490747
>unbiased
there is no such thing as "unbiased" in history, m8
>>
>>484804

The only poeple against NAFTA are welfare queens.
>>
>>486978

I read he was very tryannic.
>>
>>480151

Juarez was a motherfucking boss, don't dare to badmouth him. He was the only president with enough balls to mess with the child molesters and explunge the corruption from guvmnt ranks. No wonder so many fags tried to off him (and there's hints that his death wasn't due to disease, but poison).

Also he didn't kill Maximilian, he respected Maximilian so much that he allowed him to leave and chill in Argentina with money from his own pocket. The man that was killed in his stead was a thief and a parricide.

Maximilian was ok, but too soft to rule, and too related to the monarchic clusterfuck.

>>480335
>Kept it under control
By making all sorts of deals, like the PRI always did. There's a reason why Chapo is on the run and the news deal mostly with Michoacan's problems.

>>480257
>Disastrous drug war
Would you believe me if I told you that the strat they took was to increase panic in order to sell security? Yes, horribly executed.

>>484804
>IFE
>NAFTA
Hell let's add the Telmex fiasco.

Look son, if those things were executed right, YES, we'd be rolling in dough. But they were rigged from the very vegganing. The country was never meant to benefit from this shit, local unsupported industry could never compete with US economy, still anything dealing with natural resources gets taxed to the max, and the debt went high as balls.

Who's in control of PEMEX now? Who controls TELMEX? Who the fuck do you think controls BANAMEX? What about natural gas?

Not to mention Salinas started all over again the tango with the CFE, Elba Esther Fundillo and company because they wanted to ensure the sindical vote. We still aren't out of the 94 crisis and we'll never be.

If anything, Salinas wanted to pass down in the second Porfirio and ended up making Slim the richest man in the world for years.

>>490747
Although Paco Ignacio Taibo II is mostly left, he enjoys butchering arguments from every side, and has in his possession a lot documents that neither MX nor US wants him to.
>>
>>491125
>Juarez was a motherfucking boss

>liberals
>boss
pick one and only one
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.