[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /his/-Approved Historians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: Niall-Ferguson-306-306.jpg (21 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Niall-Ferguson-306-306.jpg
21 KB, 306x306
>>
>>47984
Nope.
>>
Dindu Nuffin: The Man
>>
>>47984
pic not related
>>
>>47984
currently reading Colossus.
Bought it without noticing that its already 10 years old, and that it was written right after the Iraq fiasco. Its going to be a rather different type of reading than I originally thought, especially considering the huge ammount of stuff that happened since then that has everything to do with the theme of the book
>>
>>47984
>/his/ approved
Oh God no, another circle jerk board
>>
>>48622

It's impossible considering the /lit/ and /pol/ influences.
>>
File: url.jpg (24 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
24 KB, 460x276
>>
Antony C Sutton
>>
>>47984

>pic unrelated
>>
File: julius_norwich_sum_1850705a[1].jpg (77 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
julius_norwich_sum_1850705a[1].jpg
77 KB, 460x288
>>47984
What about him, /his/? His work on Venice is pretty damn good.
>>
File: Leopold_von_Ranke.jpg (50 KB, 529x733) Image search: [Google]
Leopold_von_Ranke.jpg
50 KB, 529x733
>>
>>49200

>dude primary sources lmao
>>
>>49252
>tfw historiography will never return to a Rankean approach

It's only post-modernism now.
>>
>>49313

What's wrong with postmodernism?

It's the only type of historiography that doesn't delude itself about what it produces.
>>
>>47984
>wrote two books felating the Rothchilds
>/his/-approved historian
Na.
>>
>>49382
Yes, they are very open about the fact that they use history as propaganda for a coming communist revolution.
>>
>>49471

Do you actually know what postmodernism is, or am I wasting my time even giving you a (You)?
>>
>>49536
You're wasting your time on anyone who conflates post-modernism and communism.
>>
File: keith jenkins.jpg (214 KB, 728x680) Image search: [Google]
keith jenkins.jpg
214 KB, 728x680
>>49619

>tfw I've seen no real historiographical discussion yet

T-the board's just settling in...
>>
>>49647
Search the archive for the last Niall thread.
>>
>>49536
yes it is a practice which mixes up 3rd order effects with 1st order effects
>>
Simon Schama is pretty decent as a source for the study of the French Revolution, albeit pretty bias as he thinks Robespierre is pretty much the second coming of Satan.
>>
File: clark190.jpg (24 KB, 190x253) Image search: [Google]
clark190.jpg
24 KB, 190x253
Both Iron Kingdom and The Sleepwalkers are pretty great books.
>>
File: david irving.jpg (23 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
david irving.jpg
23 KB, 337x450
David Irving
>>
>>49619
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>50391
>tripcode
Nope.

>>50391
>doing my bait
>>
The one that not even you lot could argue about.
>>
File: 220px-Ludwig_von_Pastor.jpg (13 KB, 220x342) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ludwig_von_Pastor.jpg
13 KB, 220x342
>>50759
Reminds me of Ludwig von Pastor. His history of the Popes is still the standard one century later.
>>
Macculloch is good, I have been reading wheatcroft's habsburgs : embodying empire and while it seems a little bit spotty on details on many of the habsburgs (particularly the earlier ones) it was great for Charles V and Philip II (and Ferdinand if you want to count him). It very Much seems to focus more on the family itself than the history, so it is good for understanding the functions of a dynasty but not all that good for learning the events of Austrian and Spanish history.
>>
>>49811
At least you don't agree with the more Marxist schools of Rude and Lefebvre. I always prefered Cobban and Ellis(I think that's his name, I am studying the Tudors as well so that may be a early modern historian) to schama though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.