[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I am the State What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg (161 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France.jpg
161 KB, 900x900
>I am the State

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>478170
You've just gone to wikiquotes category:quote_that_weren't_actually_said haven't you
>>
File: judgedredd_i-am-the-law.jpg (28 KB, 281x400) Image search: [Google]
judgedredd_i-am-the-law.jpg
28 KB, 281x400
>>478170
Probably something like pic related.
>>
I don't think he ever actually said that, but that idea comes from the modernist ideology that the nation is the king's body and wife in the same sense the Church is Christ's Body and Wife.
>>
He didn't say it. Doesn't mean he didn't believe tho.
>>
>>478267
Ifbthats modernist then it's very early modernist. More modern is the idea that the law is part of the king's body.
>>
>>478170
Basically, "I'm yo daddy"
>>
File: Ceasar.jpg (98 KB, 450x592) Image search: [Google]
Ceasar.jpg
98 KB, 450x592
>I am the senate

What did he mean by this?
>>
Blah blah blah came out of ass instead of customary vagina
>>
Never really said it, but its probably to with the fact that he was the absolute monarch of France.
>>
>>478279
It's early modern, yes. It was pushed by Protestants to separate crown and Pope.

You might ask, "Hurrr, this seems pretty retarded, the King of France was Catholic and persecuted Protestants." Yeah, but nonetheless, Huguenots were the main impetus behind the idea in France. They also worked to make the king the highest spiritual authority, just so they wouldn't have to be beholden to the Pope. The idea that rulers were vicars of God was present in Christianity since before Christianity (see the Kings of Israel). The idea that the King was infallible (being someone's representative doesan't mean you do it well, the Kings of Israel often were terrible and God thought they were wicked) or some sort of sort spiritual authority (at least in Christianity, in ancient Rome the Emperor was the High Priest), was entirely new. The King was So divine right came to take on a very different meaning. Just like in America, there is a right to bear arms, but that doesn't mean you can't be held accountable for how you use those arms. The king has a divine right to temporal rule, but he didn't have a right to misuse this rule, and he didn't have a right to spiritual rule.
>>
>>478170
Its treason then
>>
>>478317
It seems like they were stonef when they came up with this stuff but they weren't. It's excellent.
>>
>>478292

I know, I'll cover up my face, that's a good trick
>>
It means that he doesn't want to do king shit and rather dance and have sex with his musical court director
>>
>>478170
He meant that his sould would power the Numidium in France's darkest hour however, the Numidium was under the Bastille, and was destroyed during the Storming.
>>
File: juliuscaesarbust[1][1].jpg (216 KB, 457x661) Image search: [Google]
juliuscaesarbust[1][1].jpg
216 KB, 457x661
>>478292
Not yet
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.