[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Adolf Hitler the only person in history to have united the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Hitler.jpg (1007 KB, 2123x3064) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
1007 KB, 2123x3064
Is Adolf Hitler the only person in history to have united the Germanic Peoples under one flag?
>>
>>476337

No because by the time he rolled around there were many germans in the US. More than in the Sudetenlands and Austria, for instance.
>>
File: are_you_shitting_me_peasant.jpg (141 KB, 800x1063) Image search: [Google]
are_you_shitting_me_peasant.jpg
141 KB, 800x1063
>>
He didn't (Sweden, Swiss)
>>
Otto

Von

Bismark
>>
>>476337
He failed, Sweden, England and Sweden were missed out.
>>
>>476368

>Sweden
>Germanic

Well mehmet, my friend
>>
>>476821
Lmao that fucking blue pilled MANGINA KEK doesn't deserve to get mentioned ANYWHERE!!!
As a graduate from bumfuck-highschool in Mississippi, and known /pol/ browser, I am the only one smart enough to talk about history. If you disagree with me you are a tumblr feminazi bluepilled goy CUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
>>
A Brief History of Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&list=LLTzBo9Snqsoe1LzmtYmI2Sw&index=4
>>
Charlemagne
>>
At least Wilhelm II didn't have Jew blood.
>>
>>480757

Hans Frank (Hitler's personal lawyer), in his memoirs at written at Nuremberg, claimed Hitler had asked him to investigate whether or not he had "Jewish blood" after his nephew was attempting to extort money from him, eg. I'm going to tell the world if you don't pay. His findings became known as the "Graz story" which was popularized after Nuremberg.

Ian Kershaw actually investigated the Graz story for his two part biography of Hitler (hell of a fucking read) and found no record that Hitler's grandmother was ever in Graz. If she had been, there was a ban on Jews in the area (shit you not) anyways.

I'll take Kershaw's "no" as the truth because that biography was comprehensive as fuck; he left no stone unturned. I mean, Kershaw isn't a Irving-esque Hitlerite, he's a legitimate historian, If he had him confirmed Frank's story it would have actually been a stellar research find.

tl;dr Hitler had no Jewish blood in him
>>
>>476337
He missed:
France (Franks ar Germanic)
Switzerland
Former Austrian territories
Northern Italy
>>
>>480870

>France
>germanic

This is a joke right? You're trying to be le epic right?
>>
>>480877
What part of "Franks are Germanic" did you not understand?
>>
File: Franks.png (65 KB, 583x236) Image search: [Google]
Franks.png
65 KB, 583x236
>>480877
>>
>>480893
Nun, the French aren't identical with the historical Franks. The population of modern France has mainly Celtic, Gallic, Roman, Greek and party German roots.
>>
File: charlemagne.jpg (86 KB, 600x810) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne.jpg
86 KB, 600x810
>>480749
this my afro-american friend. Only other person who was able to unite all Germanic people was [spoiler]Napoleon[/spoiler]
>>
Otto Von Bismark says hello.
>>
>>477867
Sad thing is, if this were slightly nuanced it wouldve been an actual /pol/ post
>>
>>480928
When exactly did he conquer the British Isles and Scandinavia?
>>
>>476876
u wot m8?
Scandinavia was populated by germanic tribes migrating north. It's also the reason why no one can pull the "You hate immigrants? Splendid! When do you leave?" card on scandies, because the lands was literally empty before they moved in.
And Asetro is just another variant of the german religions during the bronze and iron age.
>>
File: europa.jpg (54 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
europa.jpg
54 KB, 600x401
>>476337
>>
>>476821
>476821
wow thx mate, finally someone with insight in history
>>
>>480836
I agree with this anon completely and want to add that Frank's memoirs were notoriously sensationalised
>>
>>480935
But he never conquered Austria
>>
File: hitler-ww1.jpg (57 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
hitler-ww1.jpg
57 KB, 400x417
>mfw someone with Autism was able to unite Germany under one flag

That's just fucked up.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.