[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Humans have a morality >This morality is God >Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1449730118767.png (15 KB, 450x405) Image search: [Google]
1449730118767.png
15 KB, 450x405
>Humans have a morality
>This morality is God

>Have a consciousness? Are you alive?
>Better believe that's God

>Here's the universe
>Let's call it God

>Humans tend to work like parts tending toward a whole.
>Is this God?

>The universe, conceptually, is formed from an absolute, unformed agent?
>Better call it God!

Why do people tack the word God onto anything they please? Is its meaning really subjective?
>>
>>475283
Of course.
Where'd objective meaning come from? God or something?
>>
what's your point, buttboy? you wanna point boys in the butt and get away with it?
>>
>>475283

In the absence of any other information and without the vast academic industry and scientific and philosophical canon we have now, it was as good an answer as any.

It's servez a purpose nowadays for oldies cramming for the finals and for reactionary edgelords reaching for ideological justification for their sense of superiority in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Religiose edgelords are just as bad as their atheist counterparts in terms of shitting up a discussion.
>>
>>475303
>it was as good an answer as any.
Which answer?
>>
>>475283
>Why do people tack the word God onto anything they please?

Because the word god is an ever-expanding tautology.

In other words, a contentless word.
>>
And on the first day, humans created gods, for it did not know what else to call these wonders of life.
>>
>>475310

God. Or Gods.
>>
>>475283
Because from the beginning we've wanted to project our own human emotions and perception on the world surrounding us. If everything makes sense and we can understand it, it must mean it was made by something that's intelligent too, but more than us since it would've also created us.

Argue about it or not, but the reason we try to find God everywhere is because for most of our history, we couldn't shake off the impression that our existence has a reason and our consciousness and the beauty of the world around us were the cause of something that also has consciousness and beauty, hence the idea of polytheism (although the current biggest religions, Christianity and Islam, are both monotheistic).
>>
Irrational beliefs are not knowledge.

With that said, a far more interesting debate is why people think the way they do. It seems every civilization relies on a spiritual figure no matter how advanced they are.

Does this say something about our cognitive brain?
>>
>>475430
>cognitive brain

What lol. Stop trying to sound smart. The le perfectly rational beep boop science man schtick is wearing thin on this board
>>
Let's define god. God is A)just a god, someone older than humans but far more superior in all aspects. B)A transcendetal being with conciousness similar to our own. In existence of those "gods" i do not believe, for i have never been provided with any proof of their doing. I also do believe that all the matter in the world is capable of having conciousnes because it's the same matter that makes me alive and self=aware. I call it God because it's existence despite any reason is a wonder. Why would it be anything if it could have been nothing?
>>
>>475490

Get away from the computer and look at the mirror.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.