[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Absolute Madmen. >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 17
ITT: Absolute Madmen.

>
>>
File: Mw18915.jpg (108 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
Mw18915.jpg
108 KB, 550x800
>>
File: Ranavalona_I.jpg (69 KB, 308x441) Image search: [Google]
Ranavalona_I.jpg
69 KB, 308x441
>>
>>473900
Ungern Von Sternberg is amazing
>>
File: smart1.jpg (82 KB, 499x800) Image search: [Google]
smart1.jpg
82 KB, 499x800
>For first he looks upon his forepaws to see if they are clean.
>For secondly he kicks up behind to clear away there.
>For thirdly he works it upon stretch with the forepaws extended.
>For fourthly he sharpens his paws by wood.
>For fifthly he washes himself.
>For sixthly he rolls upon wash.
&c.
>>
>>473905
De Wiart was a good loyal man unlike most other Brits.
>>
File: 975760,517609,9[1].jpg (34 KB, 430x640) Image search: [Google]
975760,517609,9[1].jpg
34 KB, 430x640
>So I told Sahaidachny to go and sack the Istanbul harbor
>He actually did it twice, the absolute madman!
>>
File: Justinian II.jpg (216 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
Justinian II.jpg
216 KB, 500x245
>>473900
Justinian II

>get banished from Constantinople because you were too rad for the senate and patriarch.
>get my fucking nose cut off
>fuck off to some shithole in Crimea named Cherson
>train with badass Jew nomads for years
>travel to Bulgaria
>show the Bulgarians how badass I am and tell them how rich they will all be if they help me take Constantinople
>now leading badass nomad army to Constantinople
>have my army sneak in through an old Roman aqueduct
>enter city
>herewego.mosaic
>personally execute false emperor
>jammed patriarchs eyes out
>used disfigured senators as footstools
>empire goes apeshit, revolt ensues
>get decapitated

The absolute madman
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Or%C3%A9lie-Antoine_de_Tounens

> Be French
> Be for some reason a AmericanIndianboo
> Travel to Chile.webm
> Travel to the recently conquered mapuche south
> Get to talk with some lonko chiefs
> Doesnt even speak mapudungun
> Self Proclaim "King of the Araucanía and Patagonia"
> Magicaly doesnt get killed und raped, and gets support from other chiefs
> Chilean troops capture him and send him into a madhouse
> Escapes and went back to Patagonia
> Be captured a second time and deported back to France
> Family still sells coins and postcards of the "Kingdom"

Orelie-Antoine de Tounens
> The Absolute Literal Madman
>>
>>473962
A disgusting dog who got what he deserved.
>>
File: Pyrrhus.jpg (11 KB, 220x269) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhus.jpg
11 KB, 220x269
>>
File: MarianoMelgarejo.jpg (14 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
MarianoMelgarejo.jpg
14 KB, 200x266
>>Melgarejo was said to have given a vast amount of land to Brazil (Treaty of Ayacucho), for what he described as a magnificent white horse. The stories tell that a Brazilian minister presented Melgarejo with a white horse and other gifts, and to show his appreciation Melgarejo pulled out a map of Bolivia, traced the horse's hoof and gave that land away to the Brazilian government. This and other incidents, such as the seizure and sale of communal land on the Altiplano (Bolivian high plateau) to the highest bidder, deprived virtually all Indians of their land within a few decades.

>> It is also said that in 1870 when Germany invaded France, he ordered one of his top generals to send most of his army to help defend Paris, a city he was fascinated by for its tales of sophistication and elegance, but also a city he could not even locate on a map. His General said it was impossible; it would take forever, as they would have to cross the Atlantic Ocean. Infuriated, Melgarejo said "Don't be stupid! We will take a short cut through the brush!"
>>
File: 1447994239368.jpg (23 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1447994239368.jpg
23 KB, 380x380
>>473900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4wjFcyaxE
>>
>>475071
Chilean here, he is noted in our history as one big practical joke. Hilarious effort though, at least we had enough perspective to just dismiss him as fucking crazy instead of murdering him.
>>
When several kings came to Rome to pay their respects to him and argued about their nobility of descent, he cried out "Let there be one lord, one king."[75] In AD 40, Caligula began implementing very controversial policies that introduced religion into his political role. Caligula began appearing in public dressed as various gods and demigods such as Hercules, Mercury, Venus and Apollo.[76] Reportedly, he began referring to himself as a god when meeting with politicians and he was referred to as "Jupiter" on occasion in public documents.[77][78]
>>
File: 390px-Gaius_Caesar_Caligula.jpg (47 KB, 390x534) Image search: [Google]
390px-Gaius_Caesar_Caligula.jpg
47 KB, 390x534
>>476957
Philo of Alexandria and Seneca the Younger describe Caligula as an insane emperor who was self-absorbed, angry, killed on a whim, and indulged in too much spending and sex.[97] He is accused of sleeping with other men's wives and bragging about it,[98] killing for mere amusement,[99] deliberately wasting money on his bridge, causing starvation,[100] and wanting a statue of himself erected in the Temple of Jerusalem for his worship.[94] Once, at some games at which he was presiding, he ordered his guards to throw an entire section of the crowd into the arena during intermission to be eaten by animals because there were no criminals to be prosecuted and he was bored.
>>
>>475115
>2015
>being a Soviet sympathizer
>>
File: selucid.jpg (567 KB, 708x826) Image search: [Google]
selucid.jpg
567 KB, 708x826
>>473900
>>
File: dexter_dog.jpg (174 KB, 494x601) Image search: [Google]
dexter_dog.jpg
174 KB, 494x601
>>
>>473900
>tfw no neo-Mongolian Empire
>>
>>474765
>get my fucking nose cut off

And the absolute fucking madman got another one, made of gold.

Also:

>As the ship bearing Justinian sailed along the northern coast of the Black Sea, he and his crew became caught up in a storm somewhere between the mouths of the Dniester and the Dnieper Rivers. While it was raging, one of his companions reached out to Justinian saying that if he promised God that he would be magnanimous, and not seek revenge on his enemies when he was returned to the throne, they would all be spared.Justinian retorted, “If I spare a single one of them, may God drown me here”.
>>
File: eternalaryan.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
eternalaryan.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
>>
>>477171
Kiddie Molester.
>>
File: 225px-Antoine-Henri_Jomini.jpg (23 KB, 225x259) Image search: [Google]
225px-Antoine-Henri_Jomini.jpg
23 KB, 225x259
>>475115
>Bolshevik sub humans are still THIS ass-hurt.
>>
>not trying to literally start a coup in every nation
>not spending all your bucks on foreign policy in order to gain admiration from your people
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.