[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you reading the best philosophical work of t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 19
File: fam.jpg (319 KB, 1331x674) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
319 KB, 1331x674
Why aren't you reading the best philosophical work of this century?

pic related

http://mundusmillennialis.com/
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>472500
Looks like a political manifesto.
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Millennial Hero.png (588 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Millennial Hero.png
588 KB, 566x800
>>
>REMEMBER WHEN ONE WAS NOT AFRAID OF GOING OUTSIDE?

>REMEMBER WHEN ONE FELT FREE OUTSIDE —NOT BESET BY DANGER— AND THERE WAS EVERYWHERE TO GO —NOT JUST INSIDE ONESELF?

>REMEMBER WHEN ONE WAS PURE?

>THERE IS NOONE NOW, BUT US; ONE IS NOT ONE ANYMORE, BUT RATHER, ONE IS MORE THAN ONE.

>REMEMBER WHEN OURSELVES WERE ONE?

>REMEMBER WHEN OURSELVES PERCEIVED FROM A THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE?

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Krishna.jpg (16 KB, 363x391) Image search: [Google]
Krishna.jpg
16 KB, 363x391
>>472500
>"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."

-- Buddha
>>
>>472855
>What did he mean by this?
Oh, oh, I know this one.
>REMEMBER WHEN AMERICA WAS WHITE?

All it's going to take for a whole lot of Millennials and/or their children to go full /pol/ is to be faced with a social breakdown where they're forced to come face to face with tribalism.
>>
How many horrible imitators of icycalm have there been?

There's Magnus Anderson, Michael Lowell, and now we have Rei Koz.
>>
>THE BEGINNING & END OF THE LAND, THE BEGINNING & END OF THE OCEAN: EVERYTHING ENDS & BEGINS AT THE BEACH.
>>
That's not http://orgyofthewill.net
>>
>>473829
That's my favorite part.
>>
I wish i knew icycalm and his ilk personally so i can personally punch every faggot blog "philosopher" in the face
>>
>>472500
It's pretty good. You can tell he has quite the backround in esotericism. I think it's a good critical look at the ills endemic to modernity at the present time. Not inaccurate.

I could care less about the personages who wrote it; it's quality philosophy that demands careful consideration to understand

The stages of being corresponding to the 4 classical elements was interesting as well as his thoughts on modern man's preoccupation with immersion
>>
>>473829
This would make a great epigraph.
>>
>>473818
fix your site icycalm
>>
>>472500
>mfw every time people call each other "senpai" they're calling each other "slave"

the fucking irony... good goyim
>>
>>472500
My Twisted World.
>>
>>476666
hey wtf?

that's not what I wrote. I wrote:
>mfw every time people call each other "f a m" they're calling each other "slave"
>>
>>473818
I don't think you know what "imitation" means.
>>
>>472500
Has anyone decoded this obscurantist blogpost?
>>
File: 4u.png (50 KB, 1036x178) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
50 KB, 1036x178
>>472913
I made this for you because I liked what you were going for. Misquotes are some of my favorite memes.
>>
File: 1396436555405.png (179 KB, 1024x946) Image search: [Google]
1396436555405.png
179 KB, 1024x946
>>477737
I think the first part, where he asks the questions, is an illustration of his own nostalgia for childhood, and lamenting losing it after the trauma that is growing up, mixed up with some inklings of schizophrenia and dissociation, unfortunately ("ONE IS MORE THAN ONE", "US", "OURSELVES", "PERCEIVING IN THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE")
>>
I probably could have written this and may have wrote a couple lines here and there to the same effect in a journal a couple or so years ago
that ain't boasting, I'm worried I that I was a pleb
>>
>>478623
oh godd now I know why this feels so intuitively familiar
this is that quasi-situ style of writing
no wonder i hate myself reading it
i really was a pleb
>>
>>473753
You're so mentally crippled and brainwashed that you project racism and ethnocentrism everywhere, aren't you?
>>
>>476683

Man, you've been out of the loop
>>
>>477737

It isn't obscurantist.

I've listened to the ramblings of schizophrenics and bipolar people on manic upswings for way too many accumulated hours. This is the work of a mentally ill person who knows how to make webpages or was used to provide material for one by another person.
>>
>>480279
>This is the work of a mentally ill person who knows how to make webpages or was used to provide material for one by another person.

hahah lol
>>
I love REI so much,

only memester with an original aesthetic
>>
>>476683

What's wrong senpai? Not familiar with the changes brought about by our new overlord an Hiro? You must not remember wordfilters, desu.
>>
>>480292
He's very poor in quality.
>>
>>480279
Can you explain further? What specifically points to being schizo?

Also what's your background in having knowledge of the mentally?

And what's your take on icycalm?
http://orgyofthewill.net/
>>
>>480346

Had a mentally unstable ex-stepmother who would, on her manic upswings, scribble bullshit like this (albeit with a more christian bent) on every available piece of paper, all the while muttering more of it into thin air.

Then, when she was briefly committed, I got to listen to other people spouting similar varieties of pseudo-profound nonsense while we visited her.
>>
>>480279
>I've listened to the ramblings of schizophrenics and bipolar people on manic upswings for way too many accumulated hours.
And why exactly did you this?
>>
>>480432

Didn't exactly want to, but it's ended up giving me some useful insight on why things like the topic of this thread can be ignored for the most part.
>>
>>480346

As for my take on icycalm, I'd guess they're a decently educated person with an intelligence high enough to process the superficial definitions of the things they're talking about, but not high enough to actually understand them.

Slightly mentally unstable (but still able to function in society), likely a humanities major, definitely spends too much time on 4chan.
>>
File: 1377809543095.jpg (63 KB, 649x412) Image search: [Google]
1377809543095.jpg
63 KB, 649x412
>>480419
>>480279

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
>>
>>478610

Pic-related is on point, mang.
>>
File: have you ever seen teh REI.jpg (66 KB, 574x405) Image search: [Google]
have you ever seen teh REI.jpg
66 KB, 574x405
>>480544
kek
>>
>>480530

Literally every other girl's bio on Tinder.
>>
>>480530

Yeah, no. Just no.

The "crazy ones" who change society don't yell at cholos about Jesus from the middle of the street at two in the morning, then lay down on the sidewalk screaming and crying until the police (who they spit and scratch at) come to pick them up and put them under psychiatric evaluation. They don't spew the kind of unjustified verbal abuse that a city judge can't bear to listen to more than ten seconds of, as a recording of it is presented as evidence of their instability. They generally don't spend the next decade strung out and doing fuck-all in their mother's literal garbage pile of a house in East Texas.

You must be talking about the eccentric people who don't necessarily line up with society's expectations, but still know how to support themselves and have at least a trace of human dignity.
>>
File: 10fk36dw.png (37 KB, 1083x1298) Image search: [Google]
10fk36dw.png
37 KB, 1083x1298
>>473818
>How many horrible imitators of icycalm have there been?
Hate is katabolic anon. Love is anabolic. Stop destroying yourself.

>>480279
Sorry about your experiences, but you clearly lack apprehension and understanding of this "work", and therefore by necessity lack comprehension. You're projecting because you're a person of fixity.

>>472569
>Making it this obvious that you have a fixed personality instead of being mutable or cardinal
Ignoble abominations, everyone. Stop being merely active and start being proactive.

>>480530
>Implying the author is crazy
I guess you had trouble adapting to the changing conditions you experienced by reading the "work". I don't see you establishing your own conditions or changing current ones. Not saying you're fixed but you sure don't sound cardinal.

Really, I don't understand how people post shit like this and then think they're going to live thrice forever.
>>
File: 1377805322996.jpg (40 KB, 485x573) Image search: [Google]
1377805322996.jpg
40 KB, 485x573
>>480765
>>
>>480765

Hi, Rei

Go away now
>>
>>480258
It's a natural consequence of the current dialogue over race, IMO. Have you seen what some of the most bleeding-edge race hustlers have been peddling? Its more-or-less segregation-lite and white college students are gobbling this rhetoric up just like the black ones. When push comes to shove, the core import of these lines of thought are going to assert themselves in the form of some sort of ethnic or racial tribalism.
>>
File: i feel the warp overtaking me.jpg (92 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
i feel the warp overtaking me.jpg
92 KB, 400x300
>>472500
>this asshole just went and stole my idea for a great political pamphlet
EVERYTHING IS RUINED NOW
>>
>>472500

L A P I D A R Y
>>
File: towrestle.jpg (795 KB, 2048x1508) Image search: [Google]
towrestle.jpg
795 KB, 2048x1508
>>480765
you can't preserve a child without cutting down a tree to build a home

you can't call yourself innocent and free if the choice to have a family is stifled by the 'belief' that family is any greater form of bondage than the nature of our flesh and the parameters that keep it such as food and security.

the conditions of all wants and needs is a greyscale of what our flesh has historically been known to want or need, by science we prove this; we aren't mortal if we do not eat.

So why is having a family any more a form of slavery than being born in the first place? Why would slavery be considered so bad if we are the ones in control of choosing which freedoms we trade for the security to live?

Family isn't bondage, family and language are parts of our natural development as a species on this planet. The only prison is nature, and the belief of the word: prison.

I don't disagree, that as we age we do not become less like children, but more like convoluted of mimes, but we don't 'lose' freedom to our relationships with family and security and so called 'bondage', we trade it.

whether willingly or unwillingly, it must be traded for us to sleep securely and awaken uncold and unstarved each day.

It's needlessly negative to say that the family is bondage, especially to those who find great joys and choose having a family, anymore than it is to say that a man is a slave to his feet as they search for a river to quench thirst.
>>
>>481541
I don't think you COMPREHEND the concepts of freedom, slavery, and family
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (105 KB, 1119x556) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
105 KB, 1119x556
hmmmm
>>
File: 41.png (126 KB, 1348x1602) Image search: [Google]
41.png
126 KB, 1348x1602
>>481541
>Forgetting that hate is katabolic
Your entire post refers to a topic I dealt with exclusively in 57 (which luckily for reference is located in OP's image), and yet you managed to write the longest post in the thread. I will give you the benefit of the doubt in assuming that you are able to count, and are free from colour blindness.

Is it customary for your particular strain of ignobility to lambaste at great length subjects the content of which you demonstrably have no knowledge?

Your combination of lethargy and attention whoring is certainly unique, but more importantly is symptomatic of a fixed person attempting in vain to achieve cardinality. Unfortunately for you, you clearly are no longer sufficiently neotenous to postfactually assimilate this potential into anything resembling pure actuality.

This is why you are bereft of the ability to sublimate alien ontologolical constructions, to discern the authentic (ancient greek - authentikos: genuine, principal, cardinal) from the satire that you are (latin - tu satura: poetic medley, i.e. an assortment of ones symbolism, a jumble of your own self expression), and most pressingly to build a mere pretense that you could eventually bring yourself to have more than a surface understanding of anything.

You will dip your toes and then flee in perpetuity, forever stranded on one side of the beach, living in a fugue state on your own island of ego and vapidity, bound solely by yourself yet bound thoroughly nonetheless.

I advise you to look into 41 for my own peace of mind. Don't worry, it's in the image I attached.
>>
File: 1413712043737.jpg (63 KB, 437x295) Image search: [Google]
1413712043737.jpg
63 KB, 437x295
This jackass needs to lay off the drugs
>>
>>482445
Your're not Rei. Why do you say "I"?
>>
File: 2925.png (22 KB, 1346x1070) Image search: [Google]
2925.png
22 KB, 1346x1070
>>482557
>Seeking validity by expressing your absence of apprehension and necessarily comprehension, rather than properly fixating your ego by garnering respect and admiration, which is often only accessible through the first person
Ignoble detected. Your fixation on the radical betrays a lack of mutability, probably at the biological level. The two aren't even mutually equivalent.
>>
Other than fifel he's the worst poster on this board.
>>
>>480829
>implying he doesn't have fans
>>
>>482628
>>482445
>>480765

What is the difference between cardinality and fixity?
>>
>>480279
I think he has legit autism due to his comments and defense of it, but isn't "mentally ill" in the classic sense of schizophrenia or anything.
>>
>>480292
His aesthetic isn't totally original, he borrows heavily from vaporwave, but his writing style and philosophy add a whole new dimension to it.

>>480304
I like that Hiro's enforcing rules like "keep /pol/ in /pol/" that were never enforced before.
>>
plain autistic sophistry
>>
>>482739
Fixity is stasis, cardinality is motion in stasis. The fact that you posted this leads me to believe that you too have trouble differentiating the earnest from parody.
>>
Isn't this the same mexican pedophile faggot who posts in all caps on this board? He has a bandcamp page too that's full of shit vaporwave.
>>
>>484939
Why do you post the same thing in every thread about him or his work? You must be butthurt for something and he doesn't even know you exist

lol
>>
>>484939
What? Who do you think Rei is?
>>
>>484887
>cardinality is motion in stasis

What does that even mean?

>you too have trouble differentiating the earnest from parody

He seems earnest to me.
>>
File: 3650.png (34 KB, 1350x574) Image search: [Google]
3650.png
34 KB, 1350x574
>>488019
>What does that even mean?
It means that while mutable people move themselves around everchanging conditions, cardinal people move conditions around themselves.

Fixed people move neither themselves nor the conditions, and are the most likely to be ignoble.

>He seems earnest to me.
Who?
>>
text-transform: lowercase; for the love of god
>>
>start of the text
>"This is for the future generation, those not born"

ok so you are not writing for the current audience.

>"Remember when everything was blah. Remember hur? Remember dur?"

Ok you changed your mind.

The guy isn't even consistent in the most basic aspects of his writing.
>>
>>472500
we're only about fifteen years in

What if we lived in the year 1915 and asked ourselves what single event will define the 20th century?

Fuck
>>
>>488265
The first example is talking about the direction of human history as a whole and that his philosophy will be applicable to them, and the second refers to the mentality possessed in one's personal chronology as they advance from childhood to adulthood. I'm not saying it's sound but it's not really inconsistent as you make it out to be in that specific instance.
>>
>>488056
Rei. Isn't it one person we're talking about here?
>>
>>488265
You have a puerile and commonsensical understanding. As REI would say: Philosophy is not for you.
>>
>>488321
It sounds more like he is angsting over his own trouble in the present and looking back to his childhood as nostalgic.
>>
>>488364
How is that different from "refers to the mentality possessed in one's personal chronology as they advance from childhood to adulthood"??

Do you even read?
>>
>all this asslicks

It's like Icycalm all over again
>>
>>488370
Because this isn't philosophy, it's the miserable thoughts of an insecure adult. It doesn't relate to other people, my own transition from child to adult is not this pathetic, neither is the transition of mentally healthy people. The writing relates only to himself and his own shitty childhood.
>>
>>489158
>insecure adult
>relate to other people
>mentally healthy people
>shitty

Nice vague terms, bro. You're not actually stating or affirming anything. Your strictly commonsensical thinking is why philosophy is not for you.
>>
>>481330

L A P I D A R Y Z H K N D
>>
>>488056
>Constantly preoccupied with the past
>"engaged in constant adaptation to everchanging conditions"

Fucking wat.
>>
The real truth is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdMW6brlA-Vdm6ysmR7eTOg
>>
File: 1382081189945.jpg (28 KB, 409x595) Image search: [Google]
1382081189945.jpg
28 KB, 409x595
>>490038
Yes?
>>
File: tripfag.png (315 KB, 783x640) Image search: [Google]
tripfag.png
315 KB, 783x640
At what number will it end?

Will it continue until Rei dies? Until the internet is banned/inoperable?

Favorites are about the "noble ones", and Heroism. Hope to read more about them.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.