[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if it weren't for the USA, people everyone in the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 1446208655920.png (27 KB, 402x348) Image search: [Google]
1446208655920.png
27 KB, 402x348
if it weren't for the USA, people everyone in the world would be speaking German now.
discuss
>>
>>469861
English is a west Germanic language
>>
>>469861
>implying there is a problem with speaking German
In WWI, the British and French did most of the work.
In WWII, the Soviets were the prime downfall of every Axis state except Italy and Vichy France.

Plus, if you're an American, there is a high chance you have either German ancestry, or something similar like Anglo-Saxon or French backgrounds, which if you go back to Roman times, they were considered the same.
>>
File: 1345238458.gif (145 KB, 452x750) Image search: [Google]
1345238458.gif
145 KB, 452x750
Couldn't agree more
>>
>>469861
Not German, but Russian.
>>
File: American education.jpg (290 KB, 594x375) Image search: [Google]
American education.jpg
290 KB, 594x375
>>
>>469908
This.
Russians were going to win whether or not the States intervened.
>>
>>469861
Well one more reason why they can be blamed for the world's problems.
As a native french speaker, I would approve of the whole humanity (or the educated part of it) united by the same language even if it's german. Much better than english anyway.
>>
>>469951
Yeah, the threat of a Russian conquest of Europe dominated public minds before WW2, Hitler himself was scared shitless of it.

>>469997
A French faggot with no sense of national pride. Typical. It's no wonder your modern existence is unable to defend itself.
Do you have any idea how much we would lose if everyone spoke the same language? Literally every language in existence now, except one, would eventually become a dead language. That would destroy so much culture and academia, fuck reading Shakespeare in German.
>>
>>469861
>if it weren't for the physical possibility of nuclear weapons we'd all be speaking russian by now
fix'd

actually without massive material aid from the US the soviet union would have been steam rolled by the nazis

>in b4 the germans had supply problems
even with supply problems they encircled Leningrad, took Stalingrad (for a little while) and got to within 25 km from Moscow
>>
>>470068
A language dying does not destroy the associated culture. You can still learn latin and read virgil if you want.
Academia would function better. They're used to picking untranslatable terms from other languages to use them as their own anyway.

You're just a little boy with a need to belong.
>>
>>469861
Jokes on you english is a germanic language
>>
>>469997
a frenchman being a cuckold! who would've guessed!
>>
>>470068
>Do you have any idea how much we would lose if everyone spoke the same language? Literally every language in existence now, except one, would eventually become a dead language.
Not that anon, but...

You mean just like how English became an international language?

kek
>>
>>469861
It would actually be either Russian or Arabic
>>
>>470151
>You're just a little boy with a need to belong.

>hey guys, i would like to speak my own language and enjoy my own culture
>omg, fucking fascist looser

a prime example of the liberal left
>>
Shakespeare doesn't belong to you anymore that Goethe, I'm not advocating for his books to be burned, I called you a boyish man and not a fascist, the liberal left loves cultural "diversity" like you do, and moreover I think you should delete yourself.
>>
>>470505
cultural "diversity" as frenchmen and leftist like to call it consists of slightly different shades of brownshit color
>>
>>470321
More like the language of trade. It's a second language to post people, not their primary.
>>
>>469908
>>469951
>>470068
Wasnt the USSR heavily supplied by USA helping them not to starve even more than they did since pretty much all of their agriculture was devastated or taken by the Germans though?

t. non burger
>>
>>470508
Maybe in its consequences but not in its intent. Like you they make a big deal of who culture belongs to and encourage people to belong to specific cultures with their own language, be it breton or arabic. Fuck that.
>>
if it weren't for the French, people everyone in the world would be speaking German now.
discuss
>>
>>470391
Liberal doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
File: Habsburg_dominions_1700.png (226 KB, 1152x812) Image search: [Google]
Habsburg_dominions_1700.png
226 KB, 1152x812
>>470569
If it werent for the English, people everyone in the world would be speaking Spanish now.
discuss
>>
>>470578

But spanish already done it.
>>
File: 1429085714204.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1429085714204.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>469861
>if it weren't for the USA, people everyone in the world would be speaking German now.

if it weren't for Merkel, people in Germany would still speaking German instead of Arabic.
>>
>>470514
English is more than just a language of trade, it was even introduced in countries where it was non-native and where no sizable Anglo-Saxon population existed.
>>
>>470514
Most of interesting books were written in English, so studying English is also a way to archive knowledges that your native language can't provide.
>>
>>470551
No
>>
>>470089
>encircled Leningrad, took Stalingrad (for a little while) and got to within 25 km from Moscow

Well it's pretty easy to capture abandoned land
>>
well
>>
File: 1440420875405.jpg (130 KB, 429x600) Image search: [Google]
1440420875405.jpg
130 KB, 429x600
if it weren't for the Germany, people everyone in the world would be speaking Latin now.
discuss
>>
Test
>>
>>470909
Wrong.
>>
File: 1423580995206.png (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1423580995206.png
124 KB, 500x375
>>469899
>soviets
>prime downfall of japan
>>
>>469899

Nah WWI was pretty much Canada + other colonies. France was decimated fairly hard in WWI. Canada was one of the only countries that had officers based on merit, not bought positions.

WW2 is definitely America/Russia's win though.
>>
>>472687
US supplies only started reaching the soviets in meaningful numbers in late 1942.

It helped for sure, but there was no way the Germans were going to win against the Soviets.
>>
>>473787
>European axis state*
Is what I meant.
>>
>>473787
>Loss of Manchuria not being the tipping point

Have you even read the imperial archives?
>>
>>470551
The Soviets were supplied heavily although not by weapons but logistics. IIRC, 60% of Soviet trucks were American leased.
>>
>>470909

Between 2.5 and 3.5 million Soviet citizens starved to death in non occupied parts of Soviet Union during WWII. Complete collapse Soviet war economy wasn't that far off in 1941-43.
>>
>>469861
The Nazis didn't want to take over the entire world. Hitler annexed lands that he believed were rightful German soil (many had been taken and distributed after ww1, and had majority German speaking populations). The reason he blitzkrieged Poland was due to bad blood, he wished to annex lands along Poland's border and Poland said nope fuck off. He knew he couldn't just annex the land without Poland attacking, so he attacked and crushed the Polish government to quell any form of counterattack. From there Britain and France declared war because of their agreements with Poland, and it was all out war.

His reasons for attacking Russia: the whole rise of Nazism wasn't just a response to the harsh punishments put on Germany after ww1, it was due to the Red scare. Communists sparked an active rebellion in Germany and attempted to take over the government (German revolution of 1918) which actually gives some defense to the internment of Germany's Jewish population, as the ringleaders of the rebellion were all Jewish. There's a video I'll dig up of former German soldiers who fought in ww2 talking about why they fought. It's basically "blah blah Bolsheviks blah blah USSR aggression blah blah we didnt even care about the Jews." There were rumors floating around all of Europe that the USSR was going to sweep through and conquer the whole if the continent (known as the Red terror, communism was always a globalist ideology), and Hitler had intel that they were stacking armor along the border when he chose to invade them (I'll dig that vid up too).

What exactly did they do after the war? Swept through half of Europe, nearly all of Eastern Europe ended up under Red control. If the USA had not intervened, we'd all actually be speaking Russian...
>>
>>474150
waiting for the videos
>>
>>474150
Source vid 1:
https://youtu.be/LQdDnbXXn20

And 2
https://youtu.be/NVqxoA52kjI

The second one kind of rules out the narrative of his insanity.
>>
>>474171
>youtube videos
>evidence of anything

guess the documentary esoteric agenda and history isn't what we think are totally true.
>>
>>470551
>Wasnt the USSR heavily supplied by USA helping them not to starve
not in the first two years or so of the war
>>
>>474191
I expected snarky comments. I'm not a naziboo, more a subscriber of this type of unbiased philosophy
>>473922

The war was communism vs nazism, globalism vs nationalism, and its still going on today. Both can be good or neither can be good depending on your personal standpoint, but indeed justifications can be made in favor of either side's cass.
>>
>>474191
>videos aren't evidence of anything

I guess you don't believe in the holocaust at all since there's very little evidence, you racist.
>>
>>473787
Didn't the Reds kill some 70,000 of the most feared army japan fielded?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.