[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >go to beach >see this what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1steuropeancontact.jpg (466 KB, 880x862) Image search: [Google]
1steuropeancontact.jpg
466 KB, 880x862
>wake up
>go to beach
>see this
what do?
>>
trade manhattan for a mirror
>>
>>469730
Guerilla warfare burning all boats and structures.
>>
>>469732
Given they're from Eora, that's a pretty good deal.
>>
shoot the savages and land on the promised land
>>
>>469730
Knowing what I know now, I'd invite them to a meal on the beach and have my village kill them all.

If I didn't, honestly I'd be in the margins observing them but not much more
>>
>>469730
AYO WHERE DA WHITE WIMMEN AT?
>>
steal this gravure and sell it to a museum
>>
>befriend colonialists
>learn their language
>ingratiate myself to governor
>be sent back to old London Town for audience with her royal majesty
>feed her BBC and cuck the entire commonwealth
>>
>>469744
>shoot the savages and land on the promised land
But how are me and me Eora mates gonna get to Barbecue place?
>>
>>469730
I like the Native in the prow of that boat t.b.h.
>Bro, get away from that boat, bro.
>Dude! It's ok, they come in peace! Look! They gave me all this swag.
>>
File: Boxer Codex-3 Ladrones.jpg (723 KB, 1200x1684) Image search: [Google]
Boxer Codex-3 Ladrones.jpg
723 KB, 1200x1684
>>469730
>Be native Chamorro.
>Magellan lands on your island.
>Steal some of his cool, wide, canoes that he came to your island with.
>Get called "Thief Island" in Spanish Maps.
Dindu nuffin.
>>
>>469730
>Hey you weirdos, when did they put a nudist beach up in Ohio?
>>
If I had the knowledge I have now, either convince my tribe to murder them after inviting them for a feast under false pretenses.

Or off myself, knowing I'd be sparing myself the bad to come.
>>
>>469730
try not to get killed, try not to die of smallpox, "convert" to christianity because I don't really care about religion and iti s just to shut them up and make them like me *tip*, trade furs for steel and go to europe with them, befriend the captain on the journey, try to impress an aristocrat with my native ways and help gain funding for another expedition, go back to america, act as a translator, try not to get killed by any other natives they managed to piss off, get rewarded with some land
>>
>>469982
>back to america
Are you visually and historically illiterate?

Gums.
Acacia.
British.
Eora.
>>
Some people equate the arrival of British ships to an alien spacecraft landing today. I don't think it's quite the same because the Aborigines had no reference point at all for what was occuring.

Those two abos showed incredible balls taking on the Brits desu
>>
>>470100
They don't appear to be taking on the Brits.

Secondly, the early frontier war was fought with fire against crops and buildings.
>>
File: spsvrpkaazpykuyfmjxv.gif (550 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
spsvrpkaazpykuyfmjxv.gif
550 KB, 500x290
>>469730
Warn the squad.
>>
>>470132
There was nothing being fought, aboriginals always burned the land. The English took it personal.
>>
>>470176
>There was nothing being fought, aboriginals always burned the land.

Yes, as part of burnt land management. Not where skinless idiots were trying to grow grass.
>>
>>470100
>I don't think it's quite the same because the Aborigines had no reference point at all for what was occuring.

what?
>>
>>470186
>Implying fires don't spread pretty uncontrollably in the Australian summer
>>
>>470190
I think the point he's trying to make is that they wouldn't have known what the fuck was going on. If you go outside and see a spaceship in the sky, you'd probably think, "Oh, shit, fuckin' aliens." To them, it probably would have been more like, "Dafuq?"
>>
>>470196
Read up on the history of sydney mate. Something published in the last 10 years.
>>
>>470198
no they had canoes and shit. it would have been an amazing sight for them sure but they'd have a good idea what it was
>>
>>470006
pls explain, I thought I had a good plan
>>
>>470257
Well, I'm assuming it purports contact at Sydney or nearby in the 1780s.
>>
>>470132
OP's picture depicts a real historical event. Two aborigines confronted James Cook's ship when it arrived in 1770.

>>470256
Not really. They thought that men climbing the masts were possums ffs.
>>
>>470303
I apologise for raising the frontier wars then, as Cook's voyage was not directly related to them.
>>
>>469730
Cover up my ass before they start preaching to me about Hell and Jesus and shit.
>>
>>470294
oh, well, then I'd do exactly the same except swap america for australia
>>
>>469935
This
>>
>>470632
There wasn't a "fur trade" in Australia.
Religion was a tool of direct social oppression with compulsory universal Church of England church attendance. They wouldn't care: you're not British.
It was a lot harder to become British given the state's involvement in land theft and the colour line.
>>
Instantly demand me centreline payments and XXXX.
>>
>>469730
Masturbate furiously in front of the colonists, so that they name this area after furious masturbation

>>470000 alright
>>
>>469747
Funny cause early explorers and settlers didn't have women, so they banged a lot of Native chicks
>>
Die of disease.
>>
How the fuck do people on his seem to be well versed in like fifty different esoteric topics each?

Whether it be knowing about the Visgorik Viking tribe or some aborigine tribe you sure know alot of obscure ahit.
>>
i burn the forest down.
>>
There was not much the natives could do.
The best attitude would be to try and play something loike what the pro-Imperial Japanese did in the Bonshin war: embrance the European technologies and innovations but not give the land for them. Let them influence our lands and make sure we learn their methods but fight in case they establish their own settlements.
>>
>>473186
Because 4chan boards are not a hivemind. People tend to speak up only to shitpost or when they know about a specific topic.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.