[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this for Christmas (exact same edition) and I'm about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
I got this for Christmas (exact same edition) and I'm about to start reading it tomorrow. What am I in for? Is it impossible to read, as some say?
>>
Onzin en meer onzin
>>
That relative hates you op
>>
>>467067
>>467062

What's so bad about it? I've heard that it is rather incomprehensibly written but considering the large amount of Hegelians, I'd figure he has something to say apart from his dichotomy synthesis theory which we're all taught at our introduction to philosophy class.
>>
>>467046
It's extremely hard reading, but super rewarding. The preface is basically it's own philosophical work, and I had not experienced more serious philosophical insight at such density than I did reading the Phenomenology. Once you start getting his ideas and how they interact, it should blow your fucking mind.

Also I'd recommend watching Gregory Sadler's videos while reading the preface.
>>
>continental philosophy

Not even once.
>>
File: 1449836343302.jpg (72 KB, 414x720) Image search: [Google]
1449836343302.jpg
72 KB, 414x720
>>467088
>believing Bertrand Russell
>ever
>>
>>467084

Thanks for the video recommendation! Your reply makes me eager to read it!
>>
Anyone else read it?
>>
>>467084
seconding this

>>467046
I bought it earlier this year but couldn't find the time due to the uni, started during this holidays. I've read Heidegger and found Hegel on about the same level of complexity. My main issue is that my German is not good enough to read the original version, you have the chance to read it in a germanic language which will make most of the pedagogic wordplays easy to understand.
Get ready for reading 30 to 50 pages an hour, rereading sentences and feeling exhausted ; however the huge mind blowing experience when you get the interactions of the different concepts cannot be described.
tl.dr : Would say it's a life changing experience.
>>
File: ja.png (48 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
ja.png
48 KB, 851x315
>>467421

Thanks! In what language did you read it (or attempted to)?
>>
>>467448
In French so the wordplays are often sementically disguised (we don't have the common link between Wesen, bewusst sein, Wissenschaft etc.) or is present when it shouldn't. + this fucking Aufhebung cannot be translated.
Anyways it makes it far more difficult that it should be, you shouldn't worry.
>>
>>467046
Very hard to read but worth it.
>>
>>467046
It's full of obscurantist bullshit. The only sense it makes is only your own understanding of nonsense.
>>
>>467500
How is the french translation ?
>>
>>467775
I have Lefebvre's translation, it's decent. Concidering reading it in French ?
>>
>>467046
complete utter trash

burn it instead
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.