[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would have changed had Martel lost at Tours?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: The_hammer.png (3 MB, 1600x1316) Image search: [Google]
The_hammer.png
3 MB, 1600x1316
What would have changed had Martel lost at Tours?
>>
File: poi.jpg (151 KB, 705x459) Image search: [Google]
poi.jpg
151 KB, 705x459
Nothing
>>
File: dsa32.jpg (3 MB, 1200x3335) Image search: [Google]
dsa32.jpg
3 MB, 1200x3335
>>466435
see balkans
>>
>>466435

Pippinids hardly would have in to dominating the whole Francia.
>>
>>466435
They would have lost at Bordeaux.
>>
>>466459
>wearing flip flops
God why can't people see how disgusting and unmasculine those things are?
>>
File: Abbasids_blackflag.jpg (75 KB, 560x552) Image search: [Google]
Abbasids_blackflag.jpg
75 KB, 560x552
>>466435
Muslims may have help on to Aquitaine and Gascony for some time but the Umayyad lines were too stretched for them to realistically hold on t those territories or expand any further
>>
>>466435
Europe would have gone full Abbasid and benefited from it intensely.
>>
Not so much. Muslims raids lasted for a century after the battle. The only notable thing would be the duke of Aquitaine not submitting to the franks
>>
>>466694
> 732
> Al-Andalusia
> Abbasids
>>
>>466717
The scientific and cultural advancements were one in the same.
>>
>>466460
Chetniks committed just as many, if not more, atrocities than the Bosnians.

Though I disagree with the Bosnians submitting to NATO, they were acting in self defense - in the face of threatened genocide.
>>
>>466694
>Europe would have gone full Abbasid
No. It's not even certain that France would have fallen.
>>
>>466694
>le Islamic golden age

some Persian boy rapers stealing greek pseudo science was truly the pinnacle of humanity guise I totally read it on leddit xD
>>
>>466743
The Middle East was more advanced than Western Europe at that time. This is historical fact. If you refuse to accept it, you don't belong on this board.
>>
>>466728
>Bosnians
They are not Bosnians but turkish islamized slavs hat migrated there. stop posting that islamic irredenta meme. also 25 years rule, or report.
>>
>>466754
I wasn't necessarily implying it wasn't faggot. I was stating that it had little to nothing to do with islam and the "middle east" (which spain isn't a fucking part of) is fuck huge region. all Islamic lands weren't necessarily more advanced. case in point being the Moors
>>
>>466460
Bosnian Muji were actually much smaller than they ought to have been given the circumstances
>>
>>466435
The real question is what is that woman and her baby doing in the middle of a large battle?
>>
>>466435
A few Muslim principalities would have lingered on for a while longer than they did, and Southern France would have developed politically independent of northern France. Switzerland may have developed faster as both a trade depot between a Provence more economically linked with Muslim Spain and North Africa and as a link between Northern Europe and the Catholic Church.

The Lombards and Avars might have continued as independent powers as well.
>>
>>466459
What's that hand sign?
>>
>>467024
quenelle
>>
>>466435

the ayrap familial tribalists would have been defeated by someone else... either that or Europe would have been islamicized and we would live in a world dominated by white muslim fascists
>>
>>467024
It's a code faggots use to find a partner.
>>
>charles the hammer
>he has an axe

why is classical art so shit
>>
>>467416
I think its because he smashed the Muslims forces and sent them running back to Iberia
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.