[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christians>pagans prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ncgsrqMycT1rukr5do1_500.jpg (59 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncgsrqMycT1rukr5do1_500.jpg
59 KB, 500x335
Christians>pagans
prove me wrong
>>
>>466104
quality is dependent on a value, your value isn't stated, your statement doesn't mean anything, you're a faggot.
>>
>>466104
Asian Pagans > Europagans.

Just because Europe sold itself out doesnt mean paganism has to be labelled under one Geographic location.
>>
But the Christians and Pagans ended up mixing in the form of the Church.
>>
>tfw Christians will never be this cool anymore
>>
Christians >= pagans
>>
>>467097
I've always thought the crufixation seemed really pagan. Human sacrifice to 'appease the Gods'? That's a really barbarian idea.
>>
>>466104
Mongols
Huns
>>
>>467097
No, any halfgod or hero of paganitry can not be compared with dead monk.
But paganitry really should remember martyrs for traditional faith.
>>
As an atheist I agree. Christianity was an important steps towards secularism.
>>
>>467208
>Human sacrifice to 'appease the Gods'? That's a really barbarian idea.
Just reminder: kosher and halal - meat of animals sacrificed
>>
>>467317
In some ways this is true. The need to constantly rationalize the religion eventually showed that it isn't rational. Consider that Descartes influential work started as a way to try to prove that God existed without referring to any preconceived notions. This idea of approaching things rationally, and questioning pre-concieved notions is basically the seed for all the secular philosophy that come after. The future philosophers after Descartes conceded that there most likely was a God since it was the best way to explain where stuff came from but the God wouldn't have any human characteristics are interact with humans: thus we got Deism. After Darwin came about the need for the Deist God to explain the origin of life vanished and we got atheism's huge rise.
>>
>>467309
>No, any halfgod or hero of paganitry can not be compared with dead monk.

So have you never heard of Germanic Christianity or what? Because that was exactly what the Church did.
>>
>>467317
How? The only reason Christianity became so big was because it's a religion focused on converting others while pagans will leave you alone.

A lot of pagan thinking where downright pre-scientific explanation and historical accounts mixed with mysticism.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.