[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Goths 2.jpg (290 KB, 988x1389) Image search: [Google]
Goths 2.jpg
290 KB, 988x1389
Which Goths are best Goths? Visi or Ostro?
Which one eventually contributed more (in terms of culture, architecture, customs etc) to the countries that they'll be integrated into? (Spain and Italy)
>>
Visigoths sacked Rome, Ostrogoths occupied it.
>>
>>597522
Crimean Goths.
>>
>>597522
>Be me
>Be Hungarian
>Visigoth in Hungarian is Vizigót
>Save for a missing accent that literally means "Water Goth"
>I didn't know it came from the foreign name
>I believed they were a naval Germanic civilisation untill my late teens and it sounded fucking interesting
>Turns out they were just ordinary landlubber Germanics
>And I was retarded
>Mfw
>>
File: Typowy Polak.jpg (75 KB, 668x668) Image search: [Google]
Typowy Polak.jpg
75 KB, 668x668
>>601043
>mfw
Where's your face, Hungbro?
>>
>>597522
Probably the Ostrogoths. The Visigoths came and went, the Ostrogoths stayed.
Though The Visigoths were way more based.
>>
File: lL7DetH.png (115 KB, 1305x893) Image search: [Google]
lL7DetH.png
115 KB, 1305x893
>>597522
>Ooga booga where da mediterranean women at?
>>
>>601241
Do you even know who the Goths were
>>
Ostrogoths, they survived far longer
>>
File: 1452471603442.png (381 KB, 830x974) Image search: [Google]
1452471603442.png
381 KB, 830x974
>>601241
>>
>>597522
The one who stay in their land. >>602563
>>
>>597522

The Visigoths settled in Spain and established the ruling class there. They were pushed back by the arabs in the late 7th century but remained in the north west. They eventually pushed the moors south.

The Ostrogoths occupied Italy and were almost immediately replaced by the Lombards...
>>
>>597522
The ostrogoths did practically nothing since Ostrogothic Italy was pretty short. Theodoric the Great was better than any visigothic ruler, that's true, but the kingdom barely survived after his death.

The visigoths ruled in Iberia for centuries and (christian) medieval spanish identity was built around the memory of visigothic spain.
>>
Swedish goths
>>
>>604977

>The Swedish king sent envoys to Spain to look for something interesting cause not enough relevant history in his own country.
>>
Visigoth ofc because i descend from them on my mother side.
>>
>>604977

Swedes have Geats and Gutes, not Goths.
>>
>Ostrogoth
>Get cucked hardcire by the huns
>Eventually free themselves from them
>Occupy rome only thanks to the only based guy in theyre entire history
>Get cukced by the by the byzantines
>After that get cucked by the langobards

>Visigoths
>Get cucked by the romans
>Cuck the balkans
>Cuck rome itself
>Cuck other germans
>Take over south france and iberia
>Litteraly cuxked the romans to death
>Get then cucked by arabs
>Cuck them back
>Become spain
>Cuck the american continents

It's not even a competition desu.
>>
>>605596
>Cuck them back

Iberians reconquered Spain/Portugal, not the Visigoths
>>
>>605757

>Ordo Gothorum Ovetensium Regnum
>>
>>605596

Goths seregated themselves from the spanish inhabtitants, so they there were no Goth invasions of the Americas;
>>
>>605466
He doesn't know that the Goths come from Scandinavia
>>
>>605794

And stoped doing so during the reign of Liuvigild
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.