[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Zoroaster the coolest looking prophet? He looks like a parallel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Zarathushtra.jpg (2 MB, 1502x2400) Image search: [Google]
Zarathushtra.jpg
2 MB, 1502x2400
Is Zoroaster the coolest looking prophet?

He looks like a parallel universe Jesus.
>>
>>465098
Nah, its prolly one of the Hebrew Judges or Muhammad.

Especially Good Ol' Mo. Cunt may have went into battle looking like the dude far left..
>>
>>465098
He's the DBZ version
>>
>>465098
That isn't a photo.
>>
>>465131

Depictions are fair game too.
>>
>>465156
Depictions vary immensely, while reality doesn't.
>>
>>465158

Ok, let's say that every mainstream depiction of Zoroaster kicks ass. No other prophet matches that.
>>
>>465158
A significant proportion of religious figures were probably composites, mythologized or never existed. Until you bring me a photo of Zoroaster from 1500 BC we'll just have to make do with depictions I guess, huh? Fucking whiny faggot.
>>
>>465170
Perhaps contemporary descriptions of the prophets' appearances would suffice, though its their message that matters and not the way they looked.

Their appearance is only important for understanding how their peers would have reacted to them.

>>465178
>I can't prove that the two posts I'm quoting weren't posted by the same person, or maybe even a bot
>They are both referencing similar things, so they must be
>I promise I'm not schizophrenic though
That's your argument, senpai.

Their teachings have stood the test of time.
>>
File: 115786_9.jpg (294 KB, 825x1109) Image search: [Google]
115786_9.jpg
294 KB, 825x1109
The last prophet (John the Baptist) has pretty cool depictions in Orthodox iconography.
>>
>>465188
Stop being autistic and get back to Reddit
>>
>>465251

cool head in bowl
>>
File: sd.jpg (59 KB, 525x687) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
59 KB, 525x687
Notice the distinctively messy hair.
>>
>>465251
>>465276
> carrying your own head on a platter
> based as fuck
>>
>>465313

Badass.

Nice art style too, it looks quite modern.
>>
>>466845
1989? yeah...
>>
>>465188
We don't have a contemporary description of Zoroaster, for scholars do not even know well when those contemporaries and Zoroaster himself existed.
>>
File: mani[1].gif (45 KB, 245x335) Image search: [Google]
mani[1].gif
45 KB, 245x335
>>465251
Mani was the final seal of the prophets, completing the previous religious messages of Zoroaster, Christ and the Buddha.
>>
>>466880
What I like about Mani is that he was not gonna let others mess with his message so he was a prolific writer and wrote several texts in different prestigious languages to spread his new faith. Even Muhammad limited himself to a single opera magna that had to be extensively complemented by others.
>>
>>465098
What's that rod called? I think I heard a Hermeticist reference it.
>>
>>466909
Mighty stick of light, fire and aryans™
>>
>>465313

His neck is thicker than the head.
>>
>>465178
Zoroaster probably more reliably lived in the 700/600 era, he was apparently postulated by Olmstead to be in good graces with the Kavi and local kinglets where Darius the Great's father and grandfather welcomed and patronized him.
>>
>>466909
The ritual rod used by Zoroastrians is called barsom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barsom
But as you can see, it's a bundle of sticks, while Zoroaster holds just one.
>>466996
Cyrus the Great more likely. And the Achaemenids came from Pars, while the Avesta was 90% written in Khwarezm, because it references its locations often.
>>
>>467025
No.

Darius the Great's father and grandfather, Darius the Great's father was a satrap and one of the major supporters of Cyrus the Great who was their kin as Darius correctly states; he is of the same family as Cyrus and the rest of the Achaemenids. But it was HIS father and grandfather that welcomed Zoroaster in the last golden years of the Median Empire.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.