[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could have an answer to one of history's big mysteries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Herodotus_Massimo_Inv124478[1].jpg (3 MB, 2130x2650) Image search: [Google]
Herodotus_Massimo_Inv124478[1].jpg
3 MB, 2130x2650
If you could have an answer to one of history's big mysteries (i.e. gaps in historical knowledge), which would it be?
>>
Have the aliums visited
>>
Was it really the Jews?
>>
who was phone?
>>
I would like it if the books in the House of Wisdom hadn't been destroyed by the Mongols.
>>
>>464354
I want to know, in detail, how the bronze age collapse went down.
>>
I want to know the full history of lesbos
>>
>>464447
It's a Mediterranean island.
>>
9/11
>>
>>464584
You already know it, dipshit. Jet fuel can't melt steel beams but it can render it too weak to support the weight of a large building.
>>
The events leading up to and during the development of the Antikythera Mechanism.
>>
What happened during most of the third century.
>>
I want to know the details of when Hitler's mom had sex with his father.
>>
>>464376
Yes, and I'm here to answer your questions.

>>464379
No.

>>464395
Me.

>>464407
That's cool, but you failed to phrase it in the form of a question.

>>464443
That relates to the next question.

>>464447
Imagine a boot, stirring up drama on a human face, for all eternity.

>>464533
Yes.

>>464586
Angel resets the simulation, but introduces small variations in the program, which is why Dorothy is human. While Roger and everyone else are still puppets caught replaying the same situation over and over again, the fact that their decisions result in Angel willing small changes into the program means that eventually the program may diverge greatly, allowing for genuine free will and umbrellas in the rain.

>>464593
Basically, a couple of sperglords sperging. The device itself isn't that interesting, just the fact that it bears superficial similarities to devices that would be much, much more useful later.

>>464634
Mostly, masturbation.

>>464640
She did not enjoy it very much.
>>
>>464354
I'd like to know how accurate Caesars Gallic notes were
>>
Is Calvinism correct?
>>
Who the fuck were the 'sea people'
>>
were the pyramids in giza the tower of babel?
>>
>>464354
detail of any possible civilization predating the accepted scholarly birth of it, or lack thereof
>>
>>464354
The history of the British Isles between 410 and the 8th century.
>>
>>464740
Exiled Egyptian laborers returning after failing to find anywhere to go but back
>>
>>464354
What is the oldest language in history (there must have been several before Sumerian was transcribed)?
>>
Is there a God?
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 960x960
Were the vikings good warriors?
>>
>>464354
well i would basically want to know what happend between 190 000 bc to around 2000 bc
>>
>>468106
We already know the answer to this is no. They were good raiders and pillagers but spent most of their time running away from or getting their shit kicked in by armies.
>>
What was before the big bang
>>
>>464354
Evolution
>>
I want to know all the knowledge in the lost Library of Alexandria.
>>
did Khrushchev lie?
>>
File: Knossos_DIAGRAM.jpg (217 KB, 720x426) Image search: [Google]
Knossos_DIAGRAM.jpg
217 KB, 720x426
Who built the Megaliths and Step Pyramids in Neolithic Europe.

And are they related to pic related
>>
File: Voynich_manuscript.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1522) Image search: [Google]
Voynich_manuscript.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1522
What the fuck is the Voynich Manuscript and who wrote it.
>>
File: accoddi.jpg (110 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
accoddi.jpg
110 KB, 1200x900
>>468760
This is the Step Pyramid from about 4000 BC - 3600 BC that is located in North Western Sardinia.
>>
>>464354
how many hominid species did exist?
>>
Who's fault is it that I don't have a gf?
>>
>>464678
austim: the post
>>
>>468765
My dairy desu
>>
File: 1441400567758.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441400567758.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>468117

lol what? everyone knows the vikings were some of the toughest bad asses around. we should start a separate thread for that tho
>>
>>468117
>gets his education from /his/ memes
>>
Would the world today be much different today if the Persians defeated and eradicated the Greeks at Marathon?
>>
the prehistoric era. they must've had languages or societies, did they ever have large decisive battles like Cannae and Waterloo? Did they have dynamic leaders and heros like Pompey and Alexander? So much we don't know because they didn't have the means of recording their exploits besides primitive drawings.
>>
>>470475
I'm not a studied man, but one would assume battlefields, especidally the bigger scaled ones, leave bodies scattered around with maybe a piece of a weapon or two, and I can't remember reading about a prehistorical finding of that scale.
They most likely didn't even have languages, atleast very complex ones. If I had to make an undeducated guess, I'd say the largest "battles" were between one tribe consisting of a family or two against another.
>>
>>468117
well of course the small multi-purpose sailing/raiding/whatever squads can't fight big professional armies that would be retarded, BUT they were(generally) very good warriors individually. They're biggest accomplishments had to do with sailing though, traversing one of the(if not the) most difficult seas in the world with amazing competence.
>>
Linear A
>>
>>468760

Is there some scholarship to pic related I'm unaware of? That's a very interesting graphic you have there
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.