[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/ i havent been able to find enough examples of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: shepardpie.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shepardpie.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
Hey /his/ i havent been able to find enough examples of this and i want to see if you guys can. Are there any historical examples of two "Great men" Duking it out? The most i seem to find are things like Marius VS Sulla, even though sulla was past his prime, or pompey vs ceaser again pompey being past his prime. also a general X vs X who would win thread.
>>
>>463845
>Are there any historical examples of two "Great men" Duking it out?
What do you mean? In single handed combat?
>>
>>463845
I'm pretty sure that General George Patton literally raped Rommel and Manstein in a threeway.
>>
>>463875
Wasn't Patton only able to do that with much more resources? It's my understanding they were never on equal footing in terms of troops/gear.
>>
>>463883
No, I meant literally. He was fingerbanging Rommel while his cock was inside Manstein.
>>
>>463845
WWII is an example of this. Both sides had a lot of highly competent generals put against each other.

A more specific example would be Scipio vs Hannibal
>>
File: George C. Scott Patton.png (759 KB, 1360x546) Image search: [Google]
George C. Scott Patton.png
759 KB, 1360x546
>>463885
I think im going to be sick
>>
>>463894
Remember, he literally thought he was Alexander. And we know what Alexander did to men.
>>
>>463845
> sulla was past his prime
They said Monty was past his prime as well
>>
Frederick The Great against Maria Theresa comes to mind
As does Charles XII against, I don't know, literally everyone else that shared a sea border with him.
>>
>>463845
Arthur Wellesley vs Napolean is bretty gud example.
>>
>>464059
His prime wasn't very impressive either.
>>
Well the only time two sides in ww2 was evenish was around kursk.Two great men on more or less even footing just fighting , battle campaign etc. >>464256
Napoleon at waterloo is probably his worst.
>>
>>464633
Kursk was fought by two guys?
>>
>>463845
Scipo vs Hannibal maybe? In terms of just politics, you can't beat Ceasar vs Cicero. Really, it's amazing that Ceasar managed to "out politic" and out fight Rome's greatest (as he was seen at the time, claims of stealing glory notwithstanding) General and Politician so completely.
>>
>>463845
Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei vs Lu Bu
Zhuge Liang vs Sima Yi
>>
>>464647
in a sense
>>
>>463845
>Sulla past his prime
What the fuck. Marius was literally 20 years older and had suffered two strokes. If anything the civil wars were a disappointment as far as duking it out goes, Sulla completely steamrolled the opposition (excepting Sertorius).
>>
>>465363
Why was sertorius so based and why hollywood isnt churning movies about Sulla, Marius or young pompey?
>>
>>465539
Well he was Marius's nephew so maybe basedness ran in the family? But honestly I'm glad they aren't making movies in this time period. It takes one glance at travesties like Vikings, the Spartacus """show""", and a recent retarded Three Musketeers movie (as opposed to based Michael York for example) to see why.

I just wish they'd made more great historical movies like Spartacus (Kubrick) and The War Lord back in the day instead of some of the dull theatrical bullshit they made.
>>
This one, in a way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Philippi
Antony and Octavian vs. Brutus and Cassius
>>
>>465963
>Octavian
>Brutus
>tactically worth a shit
>>
>>465363
I meant marius holy shit, a typo on my part.
>>
>>464794
Yes, and literally literally means figuratively, figuratively.
>>
>>466853
Sokay lad
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.