[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you can't name at least five of the people in this picture,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg (230 KB, 1280x670) Image search: [Google]
World_heads_of_state_in_1889.jpg
230 KB, 1280x670
If you can't name at least five of the people in this picture, you need to get off /his/ and read some books.
>>
Even the Pope? Good Lord. There's fucking everybody.
Except for Cleveland. USA can't into relevancy.
>>
>>462701
I've only got 4. Which book do I read first?
>>
>>462765

You mean Chester Arthur? Far right.
>>
>>462811
He was the President in years 1881-1885 and died right after. The photo was taken in 1889 so it would be either Ben Harrison or Grover Cleveland.
>>
>>462701
>tfw I can't get one right
>tfw i have a major degree in history
>>
>>462831

Explain Wilhelm I then, who died in 1888.

Oh, let me do it for you, it is a photomontage. They weren't all there. And that's Chester Arthur.

Now get off and go read.
>>
File: Aah47tb.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
Aah47tb.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>462701
Yohannes IV of Ethiopia, Tewfik Pasha of Egypt, Sultan Abdülhamit II of Ottoman empire, Naser al-Din Shah Qajar of Persia, Christian IX of Denmark, Luís I of Portugal, William III of the Netherlands, Pedro II of Brazil, Milan Obrenović IV of Serbia, Leopold II of Belgium, Alexander III of Russia, Wilhelm I, German Emperor (deceased 1888), Franz Joseph I of Austria, Victoria of the United Kingdom, Jules Grévy of France, Pope Leo XIII, Emperor Meiji of Japan, Guangxu Emperor of China, Umberto I of Italy, Alfonso XII of Spain, Oscar II of Sweden and Chester A. Arthur of the United States.
>>
>>462776
Which 4?
>>
>>462834
They weren't there? What a fucking scam. Clearly not "world heads of state in 1889" then. Amateur.
>>
>>462844
>"The World's Sovereigns". A photomontage made in Europe in 1889 with the main heads of state in the world.
As in, the photomontage was made in 1889.
>>
>>462841
Not him but I got Wilhelm, Franz Joseph and Aleksandr and I think the guy next to Aleksandr is Leopold "absolute madman" II of Belgium. Not sure.
>>
Same photo made (or rather photoshopped) today wouldn't be as interesting.
>>
>>462893
>not getting vicky
>>
>>462908
You're right, I'm immensely retarded.
Also the guy next to her is probably the Pope but I have no idea who was Pope at the time.

>>462904
Depends, all those crazy African dudes would be fun.
>>
>>462840
Is this correct?
>>
>>462904
>Same photo made (or rather photoshopped) today wouldn't be as interesting.
True
>World leaders photographed
>Everyone is in a suit.
Fucking western fashion.
>>
>>463126
Well a lot of African Leaders & Middle Eastern ones show up in their weird outfits.

Furthermore OP's photoshopped photo depicts a lot of western fashion. Its just that nowadays, White People would be bootybothered if their leader shows up in a military uniform.
>>
>>463117
Yes.
But he probably got it from wikipedia.
>>
>>462833
Well you do have a history degree, so there's lots you don't get right.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.