[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents are forcing me to go to church today since it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg (39 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
The_God_Delusion_UK.jpg
39 KB, 328x500
My parents are forcing me to go to church today since it's Christmas

i'm 31 and a staunch atheist but they're forcing me

How do I get out of it?
>>
2/10 I replied
>>
>>461796
For you, its over 9000 !

If you are an atheist, then you should go to church because you want to spend some time of yours FOR YOUR PARENTS, not for god..

My opinion. I am not an atheist (i am a theist), even so, i dont believe in religions, nore in churches, and also like that: If your parents are happy for that small gift, if my parents would be: we should do it.. cmon.. isnt like shooting yourself or something, get over it!
>>
File: 1441084476983.png (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1441084476983.png
27 KB, 625x626
>>461796
>I'm 31
>They're forcing me

Then they're illegally holding you as a hostage. Call the police because they are clearly using a gun to do so. Otherwise you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>463027
/thread
>>
>>463027
Even worse, they're threatening me with eternal damnation if I don't go.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>461796

Just roll with it like I do. It's a minor price to pay for maintaining family cohesion.
>>
>>461796
>>463046

Wait, you're 31 and your parents still have the power to make you do stuff for them? I'm gonna change my answer to "Strongly Consider Suicide."
>>
>>463044
A religion that threatens to send a person to eternal damnation for simply not praying instead of just not being an asshole is not a religion worth investing your time in. Nevermind that the fire and brimstone idea of Hell was bullshit cooked up by the Church and never was originally part of Christianity in the first place.

If it turns out that some religion is correct, but you go to hell simply because you didn't attend enough mass yet were a decent upstanding human being, that deity is a cunt.
>>
>>463090
Yeah, but if you read the OT it's pretty clear YHWH is a cunt.
>>
>>463096
Yeah but even as an atheist, Jesus sounds like a pretty cool dude and not that much different than the peace happy pot smokers you see in college.

Besides, OT is from the times when the Jews were war mongering assholes rampaging across Levant.
>>
>>463090
>fire and brimstone idea of Hell was bullshit cooked up by the Church and never was originally part of Christianity in the first place.
But it is. Look at Matthew 13:5, Revelation 21:8, Mark 9:43, and Jude 1:7 for examples
>>
Move out of the house
>>
>>461796
by entering a dogmatic slumber induced by a bullet in the head
>>
>>461796
grow up
>>
>>463096
Hes a war god who killed the rest of his own pantheon of course he's a cunt
>>
/his/ has the shittiest bait.
>>
>>461796
fake sick
>>
>>461796
Go to mass Matt.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448533631400.jpg (21 KB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448533631400.jpg
21 KB, 480x481
Why is this an issue? Do you think you are going to burst on flames or some shit like that?
>>
>>469655
They said I will after I die if I didn't go
>>
File: guy.jpg (104 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
104 KB, 1024x615
>>461796
Make a shirt with this picture on the front and start wearing it everyday.
>>
Shoutout to all mah redditbros ITT!
Whaddup, my enlightened compatriots?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.