[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Incredible moments thread. Dumping what I have, feel free to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 26
File: d-day.jpg (287 KB, 1645x1041) Image search: [Google]
d-day.jpg
287 KB, 1645x1041
Incredible moments thread.

Dumping what I have, feel free to contribute
>>
File: self immolation monk.jpg (940 KB, 1500x973) Image search: [Google]
self immolation monk.jpg
940 KB, 1500x973
Monk carrying out self-immolation in Vietnam
>>
File: Monte Cassino Siege.png (212 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
Monte Cassino Siege.png
212 KB, 500x417
Allied siege of Monte Cassino monastery in WW2.
Built in 529, it was believed to be holding a German garrison (It wasn't). It was completely destroyed.
>>
>>460609
FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
>>
>>460614
That's actually the exact reason he did it
>>
File: Tiananmen Square.jpg (415 KB, 1247x787) Image search: [Google]
Tiananmen Square.jpg
415 KB, 1247x787
The man at Tiananmen Square
>>
File: Tiananmen Square 2.jpg (590 KB, 1396x992) Image search: [Google]
Tiananmen Square 2.jpg
590 KB, 1396x992
>>460617
And here's a shot depicting the full gravity of the situation
>>
File: Ferdinand before assassination.jpg (200 KB, 1000x640) Image search: [Google]
Ferdinand before assassination.jpg
200 KB, 1000x640
Archduke Ferdinand of Austria, 5 minutes before his assassination that started World War 1
>>
File: Tesla laboratory.jpg (169 KB, 880x582) Image search: [Google]
Tesla laboratory.jpg
169 KB, 880x582
Nikola Tesla in his laboraty, demonstrating the safety of his alternating current
>>
the remains of Vladimir Komarov, a Russian cosmonaut who burned up on reentry

>JUST
>>
File: LA riots rooftop koreans.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
LA riots rooftop koreans.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
The rooftop Koreans guarding their businesses during the LA riots
>>
File: 1442586323311.gif (2 MB, 280x202) Image search: [Google]
1442586323311.gif
2 MB, 280x202
>>460630
That is legitimately horrifying
>>
File: Maidan.jpg (76 KB, 945x552) Image search: [Google]
Maidan.jpg
76 KB, 945x552
A more recent one. Maidan after the Ukrainian protests in 2013-2014
>>
>>460632
when I say "his remains", I guess its really just a lump of the wreckage which corresponded roughly to where he would have been sitting in the spacecraft

I doubt there would have been much left of him after crashing into the earth at a gorillion miles an hour
>>
File: Lennon.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Lennon.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
John Lennon. Nothing incredible about it. I just like this picture.
>>
>>460630
isn't this image a fake? i've read its legitimacy been disputed before
>>
>>460641
he deserved to get shot for walking like that.
>>
>>460635
surprised someone didn't go up with a ladder and chip off the gold
>>
muslim Albanians defiling a burned down medieval christian church in the Albanian uprisings of Serbia
>>
File: kosher-wine-prohibition_web.jpg (80 KB, 612x350) Image search: [Google]
kosher-wine-prohibition_web.jpg
80 KB, 612x350
Circumventing prohibition 1920s
>>
File: MTI4OTg4Mzk3NTQ4MTE1MjE4.jpg (71 KB, 620x713) Image search: [Google]
MTI4OTg4Mzk3NTQ4MTE1MjE4.jpg
71 KB, 620x713
>>
File: iwo.jpg (171 KB, 745x600) Image search: [Google]
iwo.jpg
171 KB, 745x600
>>
>>460641
Who took these photos?
>>
>>460621
>his assassination that started World War 1
implying
>>
last image taken on lenin's last days
>>
>>460621
>"Sophie, Sophie! Don't die! Live for our children!"
>"It is nothing."
>"It is nothing..."
>>
>>460617
>>460618

Went on a date with a chinese qt once. I showed her this picture. She had never seen it before.
>>
>>460612
>(It wasn't)
It was.

By the time allies got into it, Germans retreated already.
>>
>>461217
>that filename
>>
File: fridolin von senger und etterlin.jpg (317 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
fridolin von senger und etterlin.jpg
317 KB, 1024x1536
>>461249

To clarify. The German commander was a devote Catholic of the same order as the Monastery. He refused to use the Monastary so long as it stood. He eveacuated the art and the clergy to Rome and when the USAAF went full freedom on the ancient building, his obligation to the building ended and justifiably turned the rubble into an occupied hell struggle for the encroaching Allied forces.

Goddamn flyboys. Taking Cassino would have been easier if they kept their dicks in their pants.
>>
>>461272

Fuck you and your ruins. Shouldn't have fucked with us and we wouldn't have had to destroy your gay shit.
>>
File: panzer250107.jpg (162 KB, 687x534) Image search: [Google]
panzer250107.jpg
162 KB, 687x534
Third Battle of Kharkov. Otherwise known as the battle that negated Stalingrad, and for a brief period tipped the momentum back in the German's favour until Hitler changed Manstein's backhanded attacks such as this one in favour for a fucking Kursk.

It was also a shining moment for the Waffen-SS because after years of being looked down in like a bunch of sack of worthless shits, the Wehrmacht started seeing them as equals.
>>
>>461015

probably gold foil - it probably wouldn't event pay minimum wages for the amount of gold you'd get versus the sale value of the gold
>>
>>460631
Is there a better argument for being against gun control than this picture? These koreans would be ruined if they relied on police
>>
>>461323

I remember seeing an interview with one of those guys. He said a mob was converging on the store and all he had to do was rack a shell in his shotgun and say "We're closed" and they turned around.
>>
>>460617
What's going through his head, /his/?
>>
>>461394

this isn't the bus stop
>>
>>460609
Is this one originally in black and white?
>>
>>
>>460604
What's incredible about some soldiers bathing?
>>
>>461323
>LA riots. Deaths: 53
>London Riots. Deaths: 5
>>
>>461461
>Riots

Not even close to the anarchy that was LA
>>
>>461013
i think the image is legit

the fake part is when the americans claimed that they heard him on the radio screaming and cursing the soviet officialdom as he fell to earth
>>
>>461394
>Did I take my meds today
>>
File: 5.jpg (90 KB, 621x582) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
90 KB, 621x582
>>461461
Less resistance = less death
>>
>>461290
>negated Stalingrad
Words cannot describe just how big an overstatement that is. Just by engaging literally just a fraction of the numbers involved at Stalingrad on either side.
>>
Renaming Stalingrad was a mistake. Such a loud name.
>>
File: Download.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
>>461217
>>
File: Angela Merkel.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Angela Merkel.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Furfag in a Lufthansa flight - 2015
>>
>>460621
Is that The Weeknd?
>>
>>463227
that guy in the middle seat 2 rows behind the furfag looks like he's thinking of stabbing someone

I don't blame him
>>
>>461280
Yeah, fucking Italians, attacking Pearl Harbor, how dare they, they deserved everything we gave em! AIN DAH RIGHT SKEETER?
>>
>>460604
>>
>>461249
>>461272
To clarify further, was German military ever truly occupying this position (for a decent amt of time) or did they just stop there to save art?

I've heard this story before, but have never legitimately heard from either side on the matter. Very curious. In my mind, it could go any way.
>>
>>461201
Not sure about the history behind this photo, and if it's anything like the movie depicts it makes me sad...
>>
>>463827
Wasn't this picture declared fake?
>>
>>461205
>>460641
Fuck, that bitch isn't even hot. Look at that face, and those thighs.

I'm not even a racist, but it makes me wonder if he really was just more prone to Asian women. I mean, if I picked a woman from any Asian race at random they'd probably be more attractive than her, even scientifically speaking.
>>
>>461323
I think it's a better argument that those black women who were headed to work totally oblivious, and the store owner and manager just casually said "sorry, no work today" from the roof with a shotgun in hand each. (side note: fuck those bitches is probably what these guys were thinking, dumb twats.... those guys were on the roof expecting any minute to be overrun)

People today, (especially millennials) don't know this loyalty, myself included. Can you imagine brandishing a shotgun and putting your life on the line for your job? Most American's can't, I'm sure of it. They're entitled as fuck, and I could list endless reasons why.

Not saying either were right, or wrong... it's just very interesting to think about. I've held probably 7 years of fast food jobs, and probably 5 of pretty decent contractors work, and neither would I die for. The job of 5 years, I would die for, but only for the owner which was the best man I've ever known (and other much deeper reasons, he was good to my family), and his family depended on the income. If he ever took up arms in defense of his own, I would definitely (even to this day, almost 2 years later) do so as well. I'd consider that more personal, though.
>>
>>465347
You realize the koreans were the store owners right? Not simple employees. It was their life, in a sense.
Also blacks were targetting koreans, as the asians were proof that minorities could succeed and comparisons between black and koreans would happen often.
>>
>>465347
I'd add that that 5 year job that I would "die for," I left under pretty shitty circumstances.... but even this very minute, if he called me in distress, I would be out the door in 5 goddamn minutes in his defense.

Some men/families/people are worth it. I'd never expect a European to understand it, and I truly mean no offense. If I could teach you, even in a single generation, the devotion we know to our neighbor... I would.

Where I happen to live now, I'm surrounded by elderly folks. Often I get emergency calls, at strange hours, and am 'famed' for being there in a minute or two to help. Mostly just old folks having heart attacks, or falling, or having tragic accidents, but it makes a difference. Today is Christmas and my younger brother and I must have gotten a dozen care packages from grateful neighbors (actually discourage this, don't like it).
>>
>>465353
Damn... I totally agree that Koreans were targeted, it's sad that minorities don't/didn't have the mind to band together. Minorities are just as racist as they suggest "ol' whitey" is. Even today, I can personally say that I've seen every combination of a minority being racist towards another, in extreme ways.

Not discounting those Koreans defending their store, that's the goddamn American way and good for them. I'm sure they will live in infamy, and if I were alive then and anywhere capable I would be sitting there with them.

Even the most racist motherfuckers I've ever known would stand with an Asian/Injun/Black who had the courage to brandish a gun in defense of their own.... says something, I think. Not sure if it's good, but I'm pretty sure it ain't bad.
>>
>>461461
Yea but do you really care if rioting dindu's die?
>>
File: Pavlov's_House.jpg (51 KB, 635x412) Image search: [Google]
Pavlov's_House.jpg
51 KB, 635x412
Red Army Sgt Yakov Pavlov captured a 4 story building keep within German territory during the battle of Stalingrad, where he and his platoon and successfully held the position for 60 days alone, with Soviet relief forces finally ending the siege.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov%27s_House
>>
>>461201
Over rated desu familia
>>
>>461394
There was an interview.
He was asked this question.

The answer was ''disgust''.
>>
>>465935
I always assumed he ded
>>
>>461201
Isn't this a re-enactment after the battle had died down?
Also, great thread OP
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.