[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking as just a simple Christian boy, with no denomination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: download-Easter-wallpapers.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
download-Easter-wallpapers.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1200
Speaking as just a simple Christian boy, with no denomination or religious experiences to speak of, I have a question both fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and scholarly learners who know enough about our faith to provide a decent answer:

Which is the more important celebration in Christendom, Christmas (the birth of the savior, Jesus) or Easter (the resurrection of Jesus)?
>>
File: sinai.jpg (131 KB, 375x700) Image search: [Google]
sinai.jpg
131 KB, 375x700
Easter.

The Evangelion is the resurrection of Christ from the dead.
>>
>>460239
Easter for sherg. Without it Jesus is just a dude with a story about him. On Easter He becomes something much more after rising from the dead.
>>
>>460141
Religion is gay. Atheism is stupid. There is no answer because there is no question.
>>
They're both equally important. They're the moments in which the love of God for His creation is the most apparent: at His Son's birth and at His resurrection. Easter is the moment of our actual Salvation, but Christmas alone is a prerequisite for Easter.
>>
>no denomination

Special snowflake protestant detected.
>>
>>460141
Easter, because it's the final claimed affirmation of the prophethood of Jesus. This is from a Muslim pov btw
>>
neither is important or necessary in leading a christian life
>>
Easter, the day Jesus saved humanity from death

Christmas is almost irrelevant compared to it
>>
>>460467
>causality
>>
>>460485
There's a reason why every Sunday is designated as symbolic of Resurrection Sunday
>>
>>460141
I'm going to fuck you roughly from behind op

Your tight virgin Christian ass will be mine to destroy
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 600x800
>>460141
Consider this

We do not truly know the day Jesus Christ was born

We do truly know the day he rose from the dead
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 580x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 580x872
>>460141
Of corse Christmas is more important
That's the day we get presents!
:3
>>
>>460720
>we know the day of something that never happened
Edgy
>>
>>460727
Why do atheists make a point to go out of their way to shit on Christians at every opportunity and then not understand why we call them edgy fucks?
>>
>>460141

Resurrection, of course. That ties in with the popular miracle cults of the time, allowing the Romans to slide their propaganda in.

Merry Christmas!

History of Christianity -- How Christianity was Invented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtF1-Y-JJM
>>
>>460732
I think he's joking, genius.
>>
>>460732
Maybe if you werent overly sensitive bitches lololololololol
>>
>>460732
Because they're edgy fucks
>>
>>460734
a great invention indeed
>>
>>460724
>materialism
>good

good goy.
>>
>>460141
Neither.
>God in the OT and Jesus in the NT were pissed that the Jews would obssess so much about rituals
>Jesus said one should pray not in a temple for everyone to see, but alone in their room
>Paul said one's body is the temple of Christ or something

Having Christian celebrations (which is ritualistic) goes against Christianity (but falls in line with Catholicism I guess).
>>
>>461564
Jesus literally celebrates Passover in the NT.
The passages you are referencing deal with modesty in regards to religious practice. In that time, rich people provided expensive sacrefices to show off their wealth and "devotion". Jesus wanted them to stop showing off.

tl;dr: Celebrations are ok, showing off isn't.
>>
>>461592
Jesus was a Jew, who cares.

j/k, you're correct, I might have gone a bit too far in my interpretation.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.