[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macrohistory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Manhattan Panorama.jpg (23 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Manhattan Panorama.jpg
23 KB, 400x224
What events would you say undeniably changed human civilization overall, from past to present?

It's a broad question, but one I can't stop thinking about.
>>
>>459343
The belief of Jesus Christ and Christianity.

That is afterall the main belief wether you believe it happened really or not, which changed the whole of human civilization.
>>
>>459343
W A R S
A
R
S
>>
>>459355
Wars has existed since the beginning of everything. OP means an actual world event.

Sure: I would say WW2 would have been a changer: it got people to migrate to England, Australia, America and if it wasn't for WW2, inventions and people today would not exist.
>>
>>459343

Persian empire. First time when most of the world shared the same culture
>>
>>459343
Noah's flood?
kek
>>
>>459343
Sedentary agriculture ruined absolutely fucking everything.
>>
All major inventions and discoveries: how to control fire, the printing press, discovery of the Americas by Europeans, Adam Smith's and Marx's works, electricity, the world wide web...
>>
Some people call them singularities, OP.
>>
>>459343

Hiroshima and Nagasaki changed the way wars were fought. In a sense, they brought peace.
>>
>>459455

I don't know, man.

They weren't substantially different from the conventional bombing campaign that was taking place up until then. And if you go by tonnage of bomb per dollar.... I'd say that you need to reach the mid fifties before the atom bomb is more efficient than chemical explosives.

They brought peace to the world of the Cold War; but they 'just' ended the Second World War about three months early.
>>
>>459352
but the gap between the old and new testament is over 1,000 years
>>
One could argue that Hannibal not marching on Rome turned out to be one of the turning points of history.
>>
>>459343
Industrialization
>>
>>459343
>civilisation
Living in cities eh?

The wall
The Aqueduct / Water supply
Ferroconcrete
Sewers
Columbian exchange
Capitalism
Industrialisation / Machine production
>>
>>459343
Every single event that happens every single day changes the course of history forever. Go back in time and change some small thing, and down the road the world will look different.

Imagine you went back in time and decided you want to go on a tour of the past and stay at an inn, and you take up a room that would have otherwise gone to another man. That man would have met his future wife there, and they would have had a child who would be the parent to Franklin Roosevelt. Take up a single room one time in an inn, and suddenly Roosevelt is never born and the entire course of WWII, if it even happens at all, is completely different.
>>
File: 484.jpg (97 KB, 935x1201) Image search: [Google]
484.jpg
97 KB, 935x1201
The great wars of the 20th century
>>
>>459343

ur mums vag m9
>>
>>459343
The invention of the printing press is the most important thing to ever happen
>>
the invention of string
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.