[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it fair to say that Christianity is an evolution on Judaism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Christ.jpg (316 KB, 580x299) Image search: [Google]
Christ.jpg
316 KB, 580x299
Is it fair to say that Christianity is an evolution on Judaism? Could the two ever be reconciled?
>>
It's more like the cousin of judaism, they both evolved from the same root.
>>
They have a different understanding of God and different eschatology, so I'd say no, at least theologically.
>>
>>456178
To say Christianity has no Jewish roots is false but to say it's a Jewish religion is equally ridiculous.
>>
What are the real differences between them?
>>
>>456178
>Is it fair to say that Christianity is an evolution on Judaism?
More like a twisting of Judaism.
>Could the two ever be reconciled?
Since it would involve admitting Jesus was just another false messiah, no, I don't think so.
>>
>>456209
Judaism could admit that Jesus was a true Messiah?
>>
>>456225
The Jewish and Christian conception of the Messiah are too fundamentally different.
>>
>>456225
But if you know anything about Judaism it's clear that he wasn't.
>>
>>456206
Jesus.
>>
>>456225
It'd require them to change the meaning of their messiah so probably not.
>>
>>456241
>>456231
Enlighten me then please
>>
The Judaism of today came out of Pharisaic Judaism, so probably not.
>>
>>456243
https://www.reddit.com/r/Judaism/wiki/jesus
>>
>>456251
I always love when this is brought up. Modern Judaism grew out of the EXACT SAME CLASS OF JEWS that Jesus spends ALL of the Gospels relentlessly shitting on. It makes all the recent harmony between Christians and Jews seem pretty silly.
>>
>>456255
You could argue that a lot of these things have been fulfilled, also do Jews believe in free will? If there is the idea of a Messiah, how can there be free will?
>>
>>456256
>shitting on

Top fucking kek
>>
>>456256
Christ didn't hate Phariseeism at all, though, just Pharisees because their were all hypocrites; Christ says explicitly that Pharisaic Judaism is the orthodox kind.. The only reason Christianity is so different from Pharisaic Judaism, is Christ's death introduced a new covenant.
>>
>>456262
Plenty of points are also unfulfilled like the fact that Jesus is claimed to be the child of god and not man and woman. All points need to be fulfilled for someone to be the jewish messiah.
Hell being able to cast miracles isnt anything special to them, jews think that god gives other people miracles just to test the jews faith.
>>
>>456256
That's more an error of the gospels. Many of Christ's views are the Pharisee views, while the "Pharisees" tended to use Saducee arguments
>>
>>456279
That's not an error of the Gospels at all. Even in the verse where Christ says Phariseeism is orthodox, he also says to do as they say, but not as they do, because Pharisees are hypocrites.
>>
That was the main argument between Peter and Paul: whether Christianity was a form of judaism and hence required circumcision, dietary restrictions, etc.
>>
>>456298
Paul believed Christianity to be an extension of Judaism, he thought circumcision was over the spirit, accomplished by baptism.
>>
>>456274
>The only reason Christianity is so different from Pharisaic Judaism, is Christ's death introduced a new covenant.
No, it's because Christ's followers were lazy ass motherfuckers who would rather do rhetorical back flips than not eat bacon or cook dinner on Friday nights.
>>
>>456449
Bacon is delecious though.
>>
>>456206
Jews: God is an asshole
Christianity: God is a hippy
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.