[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some of you are alright. Don't go to any agriculturally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (826 KB, 736x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
826 KB, 736x1008
Some of you are alright.

Don't go to any agriculturally advanced, nationspanning bronze age empires in the eastern mediteranean tomorrow.
>>
>>454898
I badly want to know more about the Sea Peoples.
>>
>>454967
>Sea Peoples.
Everybody does, but no one knows, only rumors.
>>
>>455021
Aryan (Indo-European) af though most likely, mi familia
>>
>>455315
Prolly R1b
>>
>>454967
I badly want to know about Sumerians and Gutians and all those meme people
>>
>>455322
>>454967
>>455021
>>455315
Sea Peoples were not a single ethnicity. Even Egyptians mention at least 9 separate tribes / ethnic groups.
>>
>>455315
>I base this on a racial superiority complex I have despite the fact that my people lived in mud huts for 2,000 years longer than anyone else
GTFO snow nigger.
>>
>>455387
He's somehow correct. If Minoans / Cycladeans were a part of the raiding groups then those were certainly IE elements. Likewise the Peleset / Philistines show distinctive IE traits.

But this guy >>455322 is a moron.
>>
>>455397
Focusing more on the "aryan" part, since naziboos seem to have decided that Indo-European and Germanic are synonyms.
>>
>>455415
Aryan and Germanic aren't synonyms to begin with. I don't think he mentioned Germanics in any way in his post and you're just beating a strawman.
>>
>>455322
No before the arrival of the Mycenaeans they were probably more like the Georgians as can be evidenced by the high presence of haplogroup G in Crete, also some linguists such as Sergei Starosin see connections in the still undeciphered Minoan language and the caucasian languages and between all pre Indo-European languages in general. The Minoans are mostly believed to be descended from the same population that settled the area during the neolithic and most neolithic populations in Europe are associated with haplogroup G which was found in the DNA of Ötzi the Iceman.
>>
File: ff8042f4b010.jpg (34 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
ff8042f4b010.jpg
34 KB, 400x290
Just compare the image of this QT with the famous paintings of bare topped Minoan women.
>>
>>455380
did you notice the 's' when i said 'sea peoples'?
>>
>>455397
Minoans weren't Indo-Europeans at all
>>
>>455387
>getting this butthurt over nothing
Did a Icelander scare you as a kid?
>>
It's just a joke, guys, nothing will actually happen in Egypt.
>>
>>456265

Obviously, you would have said ea peoples otherwise.
>>
>>456285
>this retard
>>
>>456413
How the fuck does the Minoan language sound ANYTHING like ANY Indo-European language?

The consensus among experts is that they were most like the neolithic farmers from turkey.
>>
File: Linear_A_cup.png (93 KB, 1060x1019) Image search: [Google]
Linear_A_cup.png
93 KB, 1060x1019
>>455315

Don't be so sure, although there did exist Indo-European languages there (Mycenean, Anatolian family, Philistine) Mediterranean regions seems to have been a stronghold for pre-IE languages until recently (Hattic, Kaška, Minoan, Eteocretan, Eteocypriot and its predecessor encoded in Cypro-Minoan script, South Sardinian substrate, Elymian, the language of Sicani, Rhaetic, Etruscan, Lemnian, Camunic, North Picene, Tartessian, Iberian, Greek substrate).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.