[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the beliefs of Pantheism? How do I into Pantheism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg (2 MB, 3250x4333) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
2 MB, 3250x4333
What are the beliefs of Pantheism?

How do I into Pantheism?

Do Pantheists have any religious or mystic practices?
>>
Off the bat, it seems like you're only interested in becoming Pantheist because you think "intellectuals like Einstein are Pantheists!"
>>
Pantheism is just atheism with different semantics, bruh. That's the whole point of Spinoza using it, so he could be the exact same thing as an atheist but then say he wasn't one.
>>
File: fib_trump.jpg (82 KB, 629x389) Image search: [Google]
fib_trump.jpg
82 KB, 629x389
>>454356
Depends, there is a wide variety of people in pantheism. Some of them treat it as literal truth and subscribe to all sorts of ideas of universal consciousness and such that have no scientific support. Others use it as a metaphor, not really treating the universe as a god but using religiously inspired language to describe it.
>>
File: 1418000202108.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1418000202108.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>454363
Yeah, just make assumptions why not.
I honestly want to know what it's about. I'm not thinking of actually converting to it. It just seems interesting.
>>
>>454387
>seems interesting.
>Know nothing about it
>>
>>454368
It can be atheism with different symentics. Than again a Christian can be someone that lives a normal life but goes to church once a week.

Pantheism can have profound spiritual aspects, it forces you to look at things you didn't see as linked before and find commonality in it.
>>
Spinoza
p
i
n
o
z
a
>>
>>454356

Anyone that tells you it is atheism is wrong.
>>
You don't, convert to Catholicism instead: see Lanciano. There is no evidence for pantheism.
>>
>>457655

>le 4chan catholic
>>
>>457655
>no evidence
>for pantheism

There's all the evidence in the universe, you doof
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.