[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Andreas Palaiologos was the last Byzantine pretender. He sold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 03428234.jpg (312 KB, 940x587) Image search: [Google]
03428234.jpg
312 KB, 940x587
Andreas Palaiologos was the last Byzantine pretender. He sold his claims to Isabella and Ferdinand.

Does this mean the current Spanish monarch has a claim on Constantinople?
>>
>>453857
The current spanish monarch is a Bourbon.
>>
>>453857
Yes and Jerusalem too. And the whole western hemisphere. The list of titles of the spanish monarchy is hilarious.

>>453939
Who is directly descended from the Habsburgs, that's why a Bourbon was elected by Charles McInbred to succeed him.
>>
>>453972
>Who is directly descended from the Habsburgs
>directly
no
Isabella and Ferdinand weren't even Assburgs.
>>
>>453975

But their grandson was one.
>>
>>453857
*Istanbul.
>>
>>453857
>Does this mean the current Spanish monarch has a claim on Constantinople?
They sure can't do shit about it.
>>
>453857
Yes
>His Catholic Majesty, the
King of Spain [the Spanish],
King of Castile , of León, of
Aragon , of the Two Sicilies ,
of Jerusalem, of Navarre, of
Granada , of Seville, of
Toledo , of Valencia , of
Galicia , of Sardinia, of
Córdoba , of Corsica, of
Murcia , of Jaén , of the
Algarves, of Algeciras , of
Gibraltar, of the Canary
Islands, of the East and West
Indies, of the Islands and
Mainland of the Ocean Sea ;
Archduke of Austria; Duke of
Burgundy, of Brabant , of
Milan, of Athens and
Neopatria ; Count of
Habsburg, of Flanders , of
Tyrol , of Roussillon, and of
Barcelona ; Lord of Biscay
and of Molina de Aragón ;
Captain General & Supreme
Commander of the Royal
Armed Forces ; Sovereign
Grand Master of the Order of
the Golden Fleece and of the
orders awarded by the
Spanish state.
>>
>>453857
>muh titles
they don't mean shit
>>
>>454706
>of the
>Algarves
wait what
>>
>>453857
>He sold his claims to Isabella and Ferdinand.

I thought he died in battle?
>>
>>453857

So... what is that picture from? Because it looks very impressive.
>>
>>459043
a spanish show about isabella
was mediocre but the actress is pretty qt desu
>>
>>453857
>implying claims matter
>>
>>458774
No, that was Constantine, the last Emperor. Andreas was his nephew, who possesed nothing but the family name and claimed to be the rightful heir of the now non-existant empire.
>>
>>453857
I honestly prefer the way women dressed back then over how they dress today.

I also like how they kept their legs closed before marriage.
>>
>>459559
>I also like how they kept their legs closed before marriage.
Except they didn't.
>>
Why didn't Charles V do like Justinian and tried to conquer the other half of the Roman Empire? If the Holy Roman Emperor reconquered the lands that were Eastern Rome wouldn't his dynasty become even stronger?
>>
>>459678
he lost but that's irrelevant as a dinasty being weak or strong as nothing to do with the ability to conquer
>>
>>459678
He was too busy with the rest of Europe freaking the hell out at the thought of about half of Europe being nominally under the rulership of a single person.
>>
>>459559
>I also like how they kept their legs closed before marriage

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
File: Constanza of Rivia.jpg (113 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
Constanza of Rivia.jpg
113 KB, 350x400
>>459559
>beliving in society memes

I bet you think all Samurai were all honourabu warriahs too
>>
>>459650
>>459736
>>459767
Stop trying to apply your cuck fetish to the past. I find it hard to believe that a women could slut around without anyone of the household noticing.
>>
>>459795
Last statistic I saw for premarital pregnancy for fucking Puritan society was 25%. Yes, nobles were kept virgins, but the peasants did what humans have loved to do for thousands of years: fuck.

In fact, people are having less sex now than ever before. The teenage pregnancy and sex rate is at its lowest recorded spot.
>>
>>459820
are you sure about those numbers? pregnancy makes sense but sex rate? how is that even measurable? i'm pretty sure it's way higher now anyway
>>
>>459795
Aristocratic women had far more interaction and control over the household staff than their husbands did, especially over their personal attendants.
>>
>>459434
did they show Muslims being cucked?
>>
>>459559
you can't be serious.
>>
>>459840
Peasants boned all the time dude.
They had orgies during the Black Plague.
They had tons of prostitutes and brothels, more than they do now.
The only people who kept their legs closed were the nobles really.
>>
>>459887

No but Isabel's half brother gets cucked in every episode.
>>
File: alg-laughing-jpg.jpg (25 KB, 635x460) Image search: [Google]
alg-laughing-jpg.jpg
25 KB, 635x460
>>459795
Confirmed virgin

If a woman wants some dick, she WILL get it

Even in the caliphate muslim women found ways of getting with their handsome slaves and fellow nobility
>>
>>459903
>widespread brothels
totally forgot about that, yeah m8. thanks
>>
>>454004
>But their grandson was one.
And then in 1700 when Charles 2nd died, only very, very old ties with habsburgs made burbons little bit legitimate.

That crazy old woman who thinks(is she still alive?) she's a daughter of Nicolas II of Russia has more legit claim to Constantinople since her family still used some related title during Tzardom days.
>>
>>453857
>Constantinople
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
>>
>>461445
It will always be Constantinople; the city was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire and was christened by the Emperor himself. Squatting Turks won't change that fact.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.