[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which civs smoked pot back in the days?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ns2elvkcwH1rui49ao1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1051x1536) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns2elvkcwH1rui49ao1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1051x1536
which civs smoked pot back in the days?
>>
The Hindu Kush are called that for a reason
The ayyrab Assassins/Hashashins chewed hashish all the time

But in all seriousness OP, weed history is an even more barren field than weed science.
>>
>>453360
Scythians burnt the seeds and hotboxxed them
>>
>>453700
american civilization
>>
>>453775
This and lots of eastern monks, native americans and africans.

Meditative trances and visions mix with drug use pretty well

Hemp was everywhere in ancient times and not just for clothing and paper
>>
Virginia/North Carolina had a pretty big weed crop back in the day.
>>
>>453717
Naw the hashashin think isn't actually true. It was an allegation made by western historians to romanticize how crazy they were.
>>
>>453717
>>453719
Alexander the Great went as far as the edges of Scythia and into the Hindu Kush valley so I like to believe he at least tried it once
>>
I like the story of Columbus and his men discovering tobacco smoking and thinking it was demonic possession.
>>
File: Scythians.jpg (361 KB, 823x1081) Image search: [Google]
Scythians.jpg
361 KB, 823x1081
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapnobatai

>Kapnobatai, meaning "those who walk on/in smoke/clouds", were ancient shamans and descendants of the Scythians as well as the Thracians and Dacians who burned cannabis flowers to induce a state of trance.[1] It is believed that as cannabis slowly spread westward, these peoples were introduced to it by the ancient Aryans, of whom in turn were introduced to it by the ancient Assyrians, and them by the ancient Hindus. These past cultures were some of the very first to smoke cannabis for recreational and spiritual purposes.
>>
>>453819
Is the Hindu Kush thing true?
>>
>>453934
>Source is that Martin Booth book someone suggested in my Cannabis History thread a few days ago
I'm buying this shit on Amazon as soon as I get that annual Christmas gift card from my moderately well-to-do uncle
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.