[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By definition, what really is human?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Homo_Models.jpg (70 KB, 555x678) Image search: [Google]
Homo_Models.jpg
70 KB, 555x678
Is a human just Homo sapiens sapiens? Do other advanced members of the genus Homo count? I mean, Neanderthals, Denisovans, and that unnamed third species from Africa could all breed with us, and they were different species with advanced behaviors. What about other bipedal apes known as hominins? If tigers and cougars are all considered cats, then shouldn't they be "humans"?
>>
>>453356
>and that unnamed third species
never heard of such. you mean h. sapiens idaltu or h. heidelbergensis?
>>
>>453377
No, not idaltu, although that probably did happen (which is why the only race of human is extinct now, kek). It might be Heidelbergensis though.

http://www.livescience.com/15911-humans-interbred-extinct-relatives.html
>>
>>453418
*only other true race
>>
>>453464
How can one man be so wrong?

Also, IS YOUR CAPS LOCK BROKEN?
>>
>>453356
Homo's can't breed, you need a man and a woman for that, Homo's can not breed inside an anus.
>>
>>453464
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>453498
>>>/s4s/
>>
File: 1445800052931.jpg (87 KB, 718x656) Image search: [Google]
1445800052931.jpg
87 KB, 718x656
>>453498
vry gud

>>453464
trying too hard
>>
I'd say humanity starts with homo erectus, and that's the direction that experts are going nowadays too, and that homo habilis should instead be considered an australopithecus.

With homo erectus begins language and other modes of cultural expression, human-type social organisation, and ritualistic behaviour. Morphologically too, most homo erectus could practically pass for human today.
>>
>>453773
To clarify the morphological part, if you saw a homo erectus you'd most likely think it's a human. If you saw a homo habilis you'd most likely think it's some kind of ape.

But again the defining difference is socio-cultural.
>>
>>453773
Humanity should begin with Homo naledi, as it appears to be older than Erectus but has many modern traits.
>>
File: many faces of erectus.jpg (92 KB, 455x529) Image search: [Google]
many faces of erectus.jpg
92 KB, 455x529
>>453773
>>453781
Erectus is human from the neck down. Can we mention that Homo erectus is probably the most diverse human species ever? All those varying skull shapes that blow Homo sapiens out of the water with our differences. Compare the small brained H. erectus georgicus to Turkana Boy or Java Man.
>>
>>453498
This desu. All they care about is their fucking dicks. There's a reason the former Homos where called Homos Erectus.
>>
>>453744
>"TRYING TOO HARD" TO WHAT, OR AT WHAT?

to convince me of your bullshit
>>
>>453941
>>453744
>>453464
Dude, please. Your all caps seriously hurt my eyes and prevent me from even finfing out you have anything decent to say. I almost hope you get banned for not writing like a normal human being.
>>
>>453916
Modern humans aren't really the best species for comparison when it comes to diversity though. Since we relatively recently in our evolution experienced a quite severe population bottleneck, we are one of the primates with least variety. Until recently when our existence started to seriously harm other primate population that is of course.
>>
>ywn breed with Neanderthal qtie on the bottom right
>>
>>454034
>breeding with a little girl
>>
>>453356
Doesn't the fact that these allegedly separate species could breed fertile children with Homo sapiens sapiens prove that they're of the same species?
>>
>>453464
Dumb thieving vaporwave scum
>>
>>454466
No, because there are many animals of separate species that have fertile children with each other.
>>
It's very simple. If what I'm looking at is like me, I'll probably like it more. If it isn't, then I'm less likely to like it, depending on what I think is most important.

Note that when I say "like me" it doesn't necessarily mean physical appearance
>>
>>453356
Homo sapiens sapiens is by definition the species which currently exists, we possess DNA from other populations classified as different species, which are now extinct.

A species is a population which exchanges genetic material over time in nature (bacteria pls)
>>
>>453356
The following will be proven in the near future

>Modern man out of Africa + Neanderthal = homo sapiens sapiens, the WHITE man
>Original African man as we were before mixing with the Neanderthals = BLACK race
>ASIANS = mix of African man + local races and local races and homo sapiens sapiens and also Neanderthal + local races
>>
>>453773
>begins language and other cultural-expression

How? Vocal cord fossil remains? Written language(lol)? Cave paintings?
>>
Even "species" is just part of a biological continuum on which all life on Earth is connected. Nature doesn't classify her creatures.
>>
File: 0eIerFW.gif (3 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
0eIerFW.gif
3 MB, 359x346
>>453377
>heidelbergensis
>heidelberg

OY VEY
>>
>>457388

Not him, but the fact that they could sail (see discoveries at Flores) is pretty good evidence, especially combined with the fact that they made art (only a few such artifacts remain, but judging by modern societies it's probable that they did art using mostly perishable materials). It's only a speculation, but a plausible one.
>>
>>457399
Its a german town you retard
>>
>>457368
It's a lot more complicated than that.
>>
>>457368
good bait :^)
>>
>>457399
Get out, all "jewish" names are German.
>>
The one that wears clothes. Because pockets.
>>
>>458313
So Heidelbergensis and onward?
>>
>>458332
es.
>>
>>461040
*Yes.

Holy shit this was on page 11. And that doesn't even exist.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.