[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he pegged as a Prussian apologist? I don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 452x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 452x572
Why is he pegged as a Prussian apologist? I don't understand why "thesis antithesis lmoa" necessarily leads to "Prussia was totally justified"
>>
>>451345
because he was a faggot cocksucker that was subservient as shit to the established power so he could mantain his academic status and keep writing his bogus inane shit thats why
>>
Bump
I want actual answers
>>
>>451345
Because he was a constitutional monarchist
>>
Have you read The Philosophy of Right?
>>
>>451407
>read
>hegel
>when you don't speak german
>>
File: hmm.jpg (29 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
29 KB, 237x300
>>451345
>Confuses people to no end
>effectively accomplishes nothing
Yep, true german over here.
>>
>>451412
Hegel's ideas would be a lot better conveyed with Greek terminology.
>>
>>451424
lel aufheben.
>>
File: really.jpg (6 KB, 196x303) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
6 KB, 196x303
>>451445
>aufheben
>>
>>451436
Would have been the same arbitrary shit, just in Greek.
>>
If I understand him correctly I believe he thought Prussia was the end all of this thesis/antithesis conclusion
>>
>>451354
go to bed schoppy, the Will demands that you rest.
>>
The funny thing is he was never the Prussian Staatsphilosopher he perhaps wanted to become. The main philosopher taught in German academia and still considered there up until this day as the crown jewel of German thought is Kant. Interestingly, Hegel had more success outside of Germany, in Italy and Britain of all places, and of course came to influence Marxism which was an international movement.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.