[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This thread is dedicated to the Most Serene Republic of Venice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Flag_of_Republic_of_Venice.png (132 KB, 450x230) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Republic_of_Venice.png
132 KB, 450x230
This thread is dedicated to the Most Serene Republic of Venice.
>>
DESTROYER OF CONSTANTINOPLE
>>
>>450263
HE ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>450263
1204 NEVER FORGET
>>
File: gondola.jpg (2 MB, 2395x1761) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
2 MB, 2395x1761
>>
File: venice.jpg (108 KB, 891x960) Image search: [Google]
venice.jpg
108 KB, 891x960
Byzaboo butthurt literally first post in I love it.
>>
File: he sacc me.png (294 KB, 490x466) Image search: [Google]
he sacc me.png
294 KB, 490x466
Dandolo dindu nuffin
>>
Venetians were basically the happiest merchants ever.
>>
>you'll never be a Venetian merchant
why live
>>
File: gondola.png (5 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gondola.png
5 KB, 640x480
>>452474
>>
File: doge_of_venice.jpg (74 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
doge_of_venice.jpg
74 KB, 600x849
Feels Most Serene, man
>>
>>450263
They actually tried their best to preserve the city, but the byzs just had to show their greekness and refuse to pay denbts. And even during the sack, Dandolo kept his men under control, it was really the franks who did all the destruction, just go read Niketas Choniates.
Regardless, those shits deserved everything they got. You don't just go around murdering whole communities and defaulting on denbts without paying the consequences.
>>
>>452544
>you'll never be a Venetian merchant
>mfw I am a Venetian merchant
It doesn't feel that good nowadays.
>>
>>452575
>Dandolo
Best family
>>
>>452575
There was no debt for the Byzantines to pay you cockmongler, it's the crusaders that had the debts because le happy venice merchant made more boats than the crusaders should've had. What promised the huge amount of money was an exiled Isaac Angelos who wanted to regain the throne. And about the whole massacre involving the Latins, read up the shit that the Latins used to do. They kept fighting with each other, destroyed sectors of the City and basically acted like niggers.

>a-at least they preserved some stuff!
it's called stealing
>>
>>452770
>There was no debt for the Byzantines to pay you cockmongler
Top kek, Venice had pretty much been the empire's moneylender of choice for the previous centuries, they were so indebted to them they pretty much had to give them all kind of tax exemptions, trading quarters and pronoias to compensate. The venetians literally owned the byzantine economy, that's why the empire tried to get rid of them (and they tried to do that by inviting genoeses and pisans too, literally substituting one loanshark for two more). They literally greek'd out, no way around it you silly byzaboo.
>>
>>452770
>They kept fighting with each other, destroyed sectors of the City and basically acted like niggers.
Were the massacres to be limited to Byzantiumk you'd have a point, but the reality is that they happened throughout the empire, even where there weren't rival latin factions, and they were generally at least partially motivated by religion.
Besides, if your solution to nig-outs is just to outnigger the niggers, you're not proving yourself to be very white either.
>>
Genoa FTW
St. George > St. Mark
Columbus > Marco Polo
The Venetians destroyed Constantinople, Genoese built the Galata tower.
>>
>>452801
>Besides, if your solution to nig-outs is just to outnigger the niggers, you're not proving yourself to be very white either.
Tell that to the Catholics during the sack.
>>
>>452770
>There was no debt for the Byzantines to pay you cockmongler
Alexios promised them a shitload of money and soldiers for helping him, then renegged.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.