[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic/Mysticism/Occultism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 800x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 800x632
Christians and Jews and Muslims believe in miracles. Hindus and Buddhists believe in siddhis.
>Siddhis (Sanskrit and Pali; Devanagari सिद्धि; Tibetan: དངོས་གྲུབ, THL: ngödrup,[web 1] Chinese: 悉地, 成就) are spiritual, paranormal, supernatural, or otherwise magical powers, abilities, and attainments that are the products of spiritual advancement through sādhanās such as meditation and yoga.[1] The term ṛddhi (Pali: iddhi, "psychic powers") is often used interchangeably in Buddhism.
Do you believe in magic? Have you ever experienced it? Have there been any true magicians in history?
>>
>>449960
Christians also believe god can although very rarely does grant "magic powers".
>>
>>449960

Yes. Yes. In history? Popularly known as a magician, not as an illusionist? Maybe a few ones. Jesus, indeed, had siddhis. But I think He was beyond the whole magician thing.
>>
>>449960
I'm reluctant to make a new thread with this thing up.

If you're interested in Siddhis, there's a whole list of 'em in the Kaulajnananirnaya in the library, and the contemplative means of attaining them.
>>
>>453060

link library
>>
>>453068
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>453060

Right? So this is the new official one?

AoT, I was wondering what was your opinion about magic hindrances in the spiritual path. How not get dragged into the power that comes when you're dealing with magic?
>>
>>453074

cheers
>>
File: 2930100.jpg (304 KB, 536x428) Image search: [Google]
2930100.jpg
304 KB, 536x428
>>453112
That depends on if the thread survives pruning and gets replies. But yeah, sure, I'll lurk.

>>453112
My answer to like 3/5ths of questions is yoga. It'll give you the discipline, rigor, and hopefully critical thinking to navigate you through stormy seas. Self established codes of ethics help. Psychotherapy also helps.

Really I guess you can lean on the contemplative side if you don't mind developing an ascetic streak.

>>453117
Aye.
>>
So is this the occult general?
>>
File: Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg (256 KB, 570x836) Image search: [Google]
Ruha Azra Qarina.jpg
256 KB, 570x836
>>454125
I dunno. Is it?
>>
>>449960
I do.

There are text dedicated to spiritual pursuit and all that shit, that give you full on practices that you yourself can verify through experience.
On top of that you've got all these niggas, like monks and sadhu's, etc. 't just dedicating their whole lives to these traditions, and I doubt they do it for shits and giggles, so I definitely believe some of these texts and traditions to be credible.

To me it seems silly that a tradition would give you all this rich spiritual information that you can to a certain degree deem to be truthful and then go 'btw u can totally fly and shit lmao'
>>
File: Vessel of Our Lady.gif (201 KB, 570x916) Image search: [Google]
Vessel of Our Lady.gif
201 KB, 570x916
>>454383
Comes with the territory I guess. No more out there than thinking you'll live for eternity as New Jerusalem descends from the sky.

Also, tons of material has clarity enough to to go through lists of dubious superpowers and leave it at the vague "miracles" which just lets you get away with whatever you can manage via practical acts of magick.
>>
ape what do you think about personal angels/tulpa/egregores/personal demon/daemons?

from what i understand they are different names/traditions to call a well-formed conscious intelligent entity, with personality, able to comunicate with you and persist through time.

from a psychological paradigm, which is the one that the infamous Tulpa neo-community uses, they are a parallel consciousness with personality created by you that lives in your brain and communicate with various learned hallucionations.they create it with no training in anything occult/spiritual.

is this concept present in pretty much all western traditions? is it identified with " the great work" ( which tradition include it in the great work, which ones expect the great work to be more?)?

what effective role is this entity supposed to take in the magician's life for the traditions that aknowledge it? at which point in the path the occultist is expected to take on this summoning?

would you say that the role which we "assign" to that entity matters a lot in terms of "how useful it's going to be for our life"?
would you advise for or against creating/summoning one without a long occult path before it, like the tulpa faggots do?[assume a working method for general creation at any cost which resut in a benevolent entity]
would you say that creating one first then progressing through an occult path together( opposed to mastering one path then summoning one of those entity to complete it) is just spoiling the end result?
would the spirit have to cooperate and partecipate in an eventual self-initiation to a magical path? is it part of the self?
>>
Dear /his/,

Can you guys introduce me to magick involving barriers against low energies? I mean, is there such a thing? I think like I'm asking, 'hey, how can I make my life easier?' That's not what I'm asking. What I mean is if there's a way for me, during three or maybe four hours in a day, to have some extra peace in my mind to focus in personal matters. At what cost? Or how can I learn to deal with those energies? I want to understand them. Like what they mean in my life and shit. And why do I react the way I react?

(Am I making sense? I don't know)

Long ago when I first tried to get into magick I've heard about some pentagram banishing and stuff like that.

What I didn't want is to be given a certain list of things that say 'Do that, do that and that's it'. My mind needs the underlining structure behind the rituals. What is a pentagram? Where was it born? What does it mean? Why is the ritual the way it is? (I'm just giving an example here. I'm not asking for a ritual specifically.)
>>
>>454881
>(Am I making sense? I don't know)

not much.
can you describe if you actually have a problem that needs to be solved involving low barrier energies? in that case describe the problem itself.

if you are interested in occult/enlightment then you are better off asking for books, preferably ones compatible with your religion and life views( which you should be open to partially change in my opinion). read books. learn by practice. if you want all the truth you are better off reading several books and then searching inbetween them.

the underlying essence of a ritual is that it's a sequences of symbols and procedures.

some procedures have an absolute reason to exist in that ritual: for example breathing slowly will biologically relax and focus your mind.
most stuff has been written arbitrarely and it makes sense only within the symbolism and interpretation that you have learned or created. you and your beliefs give it meaning and power.
>>
>>454977

Sorry, anon, but I don't want to describe the problem. However what I'm asking is basically this, a barrier to protect me against certain energies for at least three hours during a day. How do I prepare one? And why?

Yes, I'm interested in the occult, but I pretty much would only get into it with tons of questions about it all.
>>
>>454881
>low energies
What?
>>
>>455036
What's your cultural background, preferred tradition, beliefs etc.

Can't be tellin' you to commit shirk or something like that previous guy.
>>
>>455050

I don't have a religion. But I do like the oriental tradition. Buddhism and Shaivism and Vaishnavism.
>>
>>455070
>But I do like the oriental tradition
>Buddhism
Sitatapatra's Mantra.
>>
File: fibo3.gif (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fibo3.gif
86 KB, 640x480
>>455089
>Sitatapatra's Mantra

That's exactly what I was asking for. Thank you.
>>
>>454847
>ape what do you think about personal angels/tulpa/egregores/personal demon/daemons?
Lots but I never post about it because it's b8.

>from what i understand they are different names/traditions to call a well-formed conscious intelligent entity, with personality, able to comunicate with you and persist through time.
All damn over the place.

>from a psychological paradigm, which is the one that the infamous Tulpa neo-community uses, they are a parallel consciousness with personality created by you that lives in your brain and communicate with various learned hallucionations.they create it with no training in anything occult/spiritual.
I think most of these kids have preexisting organic issues. I don't need to link the pony thread tulpa simulator. I really don't.

>is this concept present in pretty much all western traditions?
Define Western? As core? No. Often enough to deserve a lot of attention? Yes.

>is it identified with " the great work" ( which tradition include it in the great work, which ones expect the great work to be more?)?
Depends on who you ask. Everyone through OTO to AA to IOT to Fraternitas Saturni to Cultus Sabbati and further say yes. Not so much with Arum Solis who are really better than the intro material lets on, see their annotations on Chaldean Oracles. Not so much with GD, though it could be construed as a component.

>what role
Late experimentation unless you're a Chaote. In either case you're building your own specialized misc. spirits that aren't covered in other material and have the added bonus of being Flesh of your Flesh and Pneuma of your Pneuma.

>would you say that the role which we "assign" to that entity matters a lot in terms of "how useful it's going to be for our life"?
Yup.

>would advise experience
Yup. Doubly so as I btfo'd myself as a youngin' screwing around with Hine's techniques. Everyone has their Chapel Perilous, that was mine.

>thoughtforms early
con't.
>>
File: columnfire.jpg (490 KB, 1036x1432) Image search: [Google]
columnfire.jpg
490 KB, 1036x1432
>>455070
>Shaivism
Huge library of Saivism here: >>453074

>>454847
Anyway...um spoilers, right?

Not at all. It's an late intermediate or early advanced practice. Easy to groove into, hard to master in any tangible capacity. There is still fuckloads to do that's technically falls in what a lot of folks would call "inner order" teachings in the West. I'm talking things that are intermediate AA and late GD practices in general. Stellar/planetary work. Reintegrating Coming Forth by Day. Enochian. The other half of uses for sexual magick, figuring out how in God's name you're going to approach the Abyss, etc. There's enough to do that servitors can kind of take a back seat to the more interesting material.
>>
>>455140

Heeey! You just quoted me randomly to that library of yours because you read the word Shaivism. I tried it once. The texts are too dense for my uneducated brain. I like Shaivism though I've never read any core book, because of the profound gratitude I have for Lord Shiva. I'm just not bold enough to chant for him. I'de love to read something, do you think that there's any easy literature there?
>>
>>455154
Kali Kaula's my go to intro text which is in Eastern rather than Saivism.

There's a new book in that Eastern folder that's like basic teachings and stories about Shiva in the Vedic material too if tantra's not your thing.

I'm trying to find material on Bon and it's a pain in my ass.
>>
>>455169
>He brought into the Bon meme
pls
>>
File: Siva and Hanuman.jpg (3 MB, 4520x2212) Image search: [Google]
Siva and Hanuman.jpg
3 MB, 4520x2212
>>455169

Thank you.
>>
File: image087.jpg (8 KB, 319x312) Image search: [Google]
image087.jpg
8 KB, 319x312
>>455177
If you got information to share I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>455185

... An Introduction to Tantra Magic.

You are trying to get me killed, aren't you? I'll read. But in the afterlife, I'll pray for you to be a more nice person.
>>
>tfw studying
Are there any IRCs or internet chat about occutic matters? I want to get into an internet cult.
>>
>>449960
>Muslims believe in miracles

No we fucking don't.
>>
>>455154
>I like Shaivism though I've never read any core book, because of the profound gratitude I have for Lord Shiva. I'm just not bold enough to chant for him.
You are literally a heretic, shiva is the detroyer of sins and ignorance, unwillingness to worship him while recognizing his divinity is tantamount to failing in understanding why he should be worshipped. Chanting of slokas and verses are so that you will meditate over the words, not just repeat it like a parrot.
>>
>>453060
>Kaulajnananirnaya
Kaula?
Jnana is knowledge
Nirnaya is decision or understanding in this context
>>
>>455114
thanks for the answers. you don't seem to think highly of the Tulpa community; having been in their threads i can guarantee that they are better than the shitposting they left on /x/ and their tulpa threads simulator is mostly ironically created by them.

i'll avoid the early start on them and work on them as later experimentation, hoping to find multiple methods and opinions on them in the books of the organizations you are mentioned.
>>
>>455866
Nigga what? You dont believe Allah can and has intervened directly into the physical world? Because if so, please reread the qur'an, which is a miracle in and of itself.
>>
File: image005.gif (218 KB, 440x268) Image search: [Google]
image005.gif
218 KB, 440x268
>>457058
For reference:
OTO 7th through 10th (10th if you have a partner). Most of Chaos Magick, AOSpare, and Fraternitas Saturni if you can read German reasonably.

>>455926
>Kaula
Could be read either as 'family', 'cult' (being this specific family or cult), or 'Shiva/Shakti'.
>>
>>457076
>if you can read German reasonably.

nope.
do translation exist, even at a cost?
>>
File: 49rose.png (707 KB, 436x642) Image search: [Google]
49rose.png
707 KB, 436x642
>>457118
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
File: VII- the Sign.png (79 KB, 406x604) Image search: [Google]
VII- the Sign.png
79 KB, 406x604
>>457123
>>457076
>dem pics

Reading through your mail now

Holy shit, Chumbley really did #shrek GD and Thelema. It kind of makes you wonder why he doesn't get more praise...until you realise his books are in a very limited print, super expensive, and likely about 90% of them are in the hands of people who won't use them for whatever reason. Hell, I remember looking for pdfs even a few years ago and turning up jack shit (hence why I had all those articles, they were all I could get).

Looks like I'll need to dig through the Black Brick in more detail in advance of HU, then- I'd kind of held off due to the GD attitude of 'don't learn it until you take the grade', but given that we're about to perform a smash-and-grab on the Vault of the Adepts, I think now is a good time.

Incidentally, I'm also getting the feeling that we should be paying more attention to the pictures in the book. They were drawn by Uncle Andy, so I'd be very surprised if he hasn't tucked away some material in them
>>
File: h.oliver3.jpg (33 KB, 152x400) Image search: [Google]
h.oliver3.jpg
33 KB, 152x400
>>457158
>we
You, more properly. I already did a smash and grab with Liber Cadaveris and it's going on about the Mountain of Akhet and the True Light of Horus.

I dunno if you noticed the other Helen Oliver stuff I found:
>>454403
>>454166
>>
>>457165
>I dunno if you noticed the other Helen Oliver stuff I found:

Ah, I was wondering where they came from. She seems to have done a lot of CS art, though I wonder if she wrote anything. I also wonder why she left (assuming she didn't die), as she was described as a former member on the site where I found the original pics

>You, more properly. I already did a smash and grab with Liber Cadaveris and it's going on about the Mountain of Akhet and the True Light of Horus.

Provided it takes effect, of course, meaning I'll have to have all my ducks in a row before doing it. But that's fine, still enough time to get it together.
>>
File: il_fullxfull-404758102_damj.jpg (695 KB, 1500x1159) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull-404758102_damj.jpg
695 KB, 1500x1159
>>457172
I have a copy of the Starfire vol. that her other two public pieces of art are in, but the scans are poor. They're directly CS related meaning Chumbley and Oliver were doing this shit in a more or less complete form back in 96.

Her art has taken a turn for the uninspired. I have a feelpinion that her husband may be partially influencing that direction, pic related is Mr. Oliver's stuff.

They have a website, I was thinking of contacting and asking if she's got scans of the stuff on the archived medumistic art page.
>>
>>457172
>though I wonder if she wrote anything

Come to think of it, a work of hers call the 'Book of Feathered Light' is mentioned here:

dragon-book-essex. b l o g s p o t . c om

Seems to not have been published though

>>457182
>They're directly CS related meaning Chumbley and Oliver were doing this shit in a more or less complete form back in 96.

Interesting. I can't seem to place the timeline- the Book itself was written in 1997-1998, but Peter Hamilton-Giles suggests he only came up with the Vessel idea in 1996, and I doubt they came up with this whole thing in under a year, never mind the fact that the Dragon stuff is supposed to be the foundation for the whole CS tradition (suggesting they were at least dabbling in it from the start, rather than just Azoetia stuff).

They're a weird bunch, I'll give them that
>>
>>457193
>93
Also, the Peacock Angel is lurking within the next Enochian Aethyr on my list. I'm going to need to complete my wax Sigilum sometime between now and Apr. to get perspectives from them on this whole clusterfuck.
>>
File: $_57b.jpg (230 KB, 1600x1061) Image search: [Google]
$_57b.jpg
230 KB, 1600x1061
>>457193
Just noticed that the Dream-Stupa image in this pic is the right way up....in the PDF it's upside down. Interesting

>>457206
Funny that you should mention the Peacock Angel, in that link the author mentions the DBoE as the core text of the 'brotherhood of the Peacock Angel', which I presume is an alternate title for the Column. Didn't realise the PA was such a big thing in the system
>>
File: tumblr_nug1j0U1Ag1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg (699 KB, 1280x1845) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nug1j0U1Ag1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg
699 KB, 1280x1845
>>457217
Melek Taus is one of the more benevolent aspects of the Dragon through history along with Quetzalcoatl, and an aspect of the Angel of Witchblood.

I like how the ladder of initiation's been kicked out from under the staircase.
>>
File: 1424518676407.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1083) Image search: [Google]
1424518676407.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1083
>>453060
astral
https://www.reddit.com/r/Meditation/comments/1u9acp/ama_ive_been_doing_concentration_meditation/
You can concentrate on anything really. What counts is locking your mind on something, and keeping it sturdy and calm on it for as long as you can. The real key is to be able to keep your mind locked onto something while breathing, and being totally aware of any movements of your mind, whilst focusing just enough to hold the mind still and prevent them. Some people focus on candles, spots on the wall, on distracting noises themselves, on the silence in the mind, etc. It is not needed to focus on the breath persay.

I know for instance, when I first started I couldn't focus on my breath whenever my airconditioner came on because it would drown out the sound of my breath and my mind would wander without me noticing. I have had some success using noise canceling headphones as well, but they do cover up the breath slightly, though not as much as other sounds. Crickets shouldn't be that much of a distraction!

Concentration Meditation -> Samadhi/Jhana. If you're truly interested in the cognitive benefits(which will lead to all sorts of mental abilities) start by looking at the following links and their subjects. For instance all of the supposed psychic powers stem from direct mental awareness/power, which consequently is the foundation of all cognitive power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupajhana http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

I mostly study in the confines of the Yoga Sutras and Yogic Systems. These are the original meditations, that were all basically concentration of some sort, until Kundalini/Kriya yoga came along. This mindfulness, or insight meditation, didn't come along until thousands of years after Concentration meditation when the Buddha came and declared mindfulness and talked about his mindful approach to meditation, which he fused with concentration meditation. The latter part of that statement a good majority of modern buddhist miss.
>>
>>457225
And there's only three rungs.

I'm sure Andy intended the meaning to be deeper, but on a basic level its a good guide to approaching DBoE: 'put up the ladder yourself, buy more rungs, put them in yourself wherever you think they should go, THEN start climbing'

Possible we'll need to start looking at Yazidi material at some point if Melek Taus is involved. Lets just hope ISIS don't get much further with them, it'd be nice to have a living tradition to draw from
>>
>>457238
The Yoga Sutras of Pantanjali is a documented scientific approach to the science of mastering the mind by the sage Pantanjali. He was somewhat of a Yogic Scientist and analyzed these practices and these approaches from a very modern(for his time) scientific manner. He was also a very skilled Yogi. This particular text, originally written in Sanskrit, is often translated many ways, but out of all of them the following is my favorite, and what I believe, the more correct translation. Many scholars try to translate them in terms of metaphorical statements that dismiss the powers, but this is undeniably wrong. These texts, even translated, can be difficult to understand totally when one is getting into meditation. Even I today am still rereading these short Sutras trying to grasp some of the concepts. They are very clear on how to overcome most any mind obstacle and cultivate any mind-state, if you know how to interpret them. You could honestly consider this a neuropsychological document from ancient times that is thousands of years more advanced than anything we know today about the brain. The peak states of meditation are so barely studied by science because they take so much time to cultivate.

http://www.swamij.com/pdf/yogasutrasinterpretive.pdf - There are also several other ancient texts that detail these powers and meditative states and how to get them, Visuddhimagga, etc
>>
>>457245

Ultimately, coming to an understanding of how these spiritual 'powers' arise by studying the states that they arise from(Jhana/Samadhi) can give a person insight into how these same practices responsible for these powers also give incredibly mental flexibility and power. You just rarely hear about it anywhere other than very subtle mentions in various texts, as most of these Yogis aren't engaged in anything like mathematics or quantum physics. Yogananda in his book Autobiography of a yogi notes discretely something like (paraphrased)"My master rarely shows it but he has on several occasions demonstrated the ability to play masterfully several different instruments, as well as having a perfect understanding of music theory. This combined with his fluency in so many languages, yet, I never see him practice much of either." He even mentions that for instance his master doesn't sleep, since he can meditate and heal himself much for efficiently, so when his students sleep at his house(which is customary), he would lay in bed with his eyes closed and meditate until they awaken. Truly fascinating. I can personally attest to how high levels of meditation can act effectively to replace sleep and provide superior rest.

Speaking of which. Studying some of these past yogis and the stories surrounding them can also be a very insightful way to understand how meditation effects the brain, instead of just looking directly into the technical aspects as recording in ancient texts. I highly recommend reading the book Autobiography of a Yogi, if you are interested in meditation as a long-term practice. It is truly a good read, and can expand the mind a more than a little.
>>
>>457239
I get the distinct impression that the Yazids wouldn't think highly of a system that far removed from their baseline understanding. At least that's the impression I get having seen a few broken English comments on various occult things about how 'this is bullshit' or some such sentiment now that a few of their people are fleeing westward. They do have a cult of seven angels, finding good sources on their scripture is hard. I think I've only got a single reliable source. I'll poke around.

>>457245
Pantanjali's great.
>>
>>457255
Yazidis are mostly oral tradition, since writing their stuff down would be too risky.
>>
File: Compass Rose of Lilith.gif (105 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
Compass Rose of Lilith.gif
105 KB, 500x574
>>457255
Found a few more Rare Helens.

Annoyingly, I think her art was actually supposed to be in DBoE as well as Chumbley's, but was removed due to her leaving the CS. It'd explain some of the 400ish pages redacted from the published version.
>>
I'm Interested in looking at some of this material, due to having some recent mystical experiences concerning tones and rythmn.

I'm not at all sure where to start at all but I am more conductive towards "practices" hands on things - I am a very hands on person.

My religious beliefs are pantheistic/panentheistic

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
would you say that "modern magick eleven lessons in the high magickal arts" by Donald Michael Kraig is any good?

i somehow got this book but i can easily avoid reading it if you say it's inferior or bullshitty to most pdfs from the library
>>
File: tumblr_npllkuaaAz1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg (725 KB, 1108x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npllkuaaAz1ssnktoo1_1280.jpg
725 KB, 1108x1920
>>457387
Hey, I got some more material on Yezidis, qutb plays an important role, as well as fourteen divisions of earth and sky.

Have some hymns, flipping through material now.

That rose makes tons more sense. Also, fyi, Dee and Kelley identified the female entity toward the end of their Enochian experiments with Lilith rather than Babalon. This entity appears to echo sentiments from Thunder: Perfect Mind.
>>
>>457391
Start with some light yoga and I've got a text by John Zorn in the library near the top of the thread over in the A.'.A.'.>Philosophy folder that touches on a lot of music/magickal theory. First chapter's by Bill Breeze, current head of OTO and member of Coil.

>>457397
It's somewhere around 'meh'. I can only recommend it on the understanding you move on to better and more comprehensive material. I generally shy away from recommending truly 'beginner' material. There's really so much material that it's best not to waste time on things like DMK or Liber Null/Psychonaut or even Bardon to a certain extent when there's so much ground to cover.

There are threads all over the place. Read something until you find info that REALLY piques your interest then research it like you're researching a 20pg final paper.
>>
>>457402
>>457387
>Ezdin is the ancestor of the mythical Sheykhs, (Shems, Fekhr-el-Din, Sejadin, Nasir-al-Din). Strong associations of the archangels and the four elements.
>>
File: green tara.jpg (192 KB, 850x653) Image search: [Google]
green tara.jpg
192 KB, 850x653
So I'm starting to acknowledge that concentration is a key to anything.

I realised that my awareness is weak. But really weak. Most of the time my concentration just disappears, even while I'm trying to meditate. One second and I'm connected to my breath, but soon to lose myself in a daydreaming about my lunch. And it can go on for minutes until I recover awareness. And sometimes I'm here, breathing, seeing what is going on in my mind, but I just can't focus because there's a multitude of things happening simultaneously and I lose it to daydreaming once again.

But when I got to see how weak my concentration is I also got to see that thoughts are a strange kind of thing. Some of them grab you in your balls and take you to hell while others can elevate you to heaven.

So I have two questions:

1) How do you guys try to improve concentration? Meditation and that's it? How was your progress during the past years? How can I gradually master my mind?

2) Is there any study on "thoughts"? Why they weight differently in our minds? What is daydreaming in the perspective of the occult?
>>
File: Lilith.gif (141 KB, 500x725) Image search: [Google]
Lilith.gif
141 KB, 500x725
>>457397
I tried it a few years ago, it's shit.

I think he has a vague GD background, so he presents a whole load of very watered-down and poorly-explained GD concepts, and then suddenly chucks in more advanced material like evocation and sex magic.

The library has way way better stuff than that.

Maybe try one of these:
>Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon
>Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter Carroll
>Book 4 by Aleister Crowley (desu, Liber O would teach you more than Kraig)

Kind of depends what you're interested in

>>457416
>There's really so much material that it's best not to waste time on things like DMK or Liber Null/Psychonaut or even Bardon to a certain extent when there's so much ground to cover.

I'm slowly coming to that conclusion too. Though people do need some kind of entry point
>>
File: yazidi new year.jpg (59 KB, 630x426) Image search: [Google]
yazidi new year.jpg
59 KB, 630x426
>>457402
There are versions of their texts around the place. Lucky for us, edgelords didn't realise they weren't actually Satanists and put them all over the internet.

For example:

http://tikaboo.com/library/Yezidi_Black_Book.pdf

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi_Black_Book)

http://www.yeziditruth.org/yezidi_scriptures

EVERYONE in that region seems to hate these guys
>>
>>457592
>tfw you realise the thing they're burning incense in resembles the shell Chumbley says to use for the fire offerings in Black Sun

Possibly unrelated, but still interesting
>>
>>457557
Yoga, more properly but yeah. Contemplation. My buildup was slow the first like two years then it just became a reflexive habit that fluctuates in intensity over time. Some days I have time for less than a half hour of proper contemplative practice. Some days over two or three. When I was a kid and didn't have fuckall to worry about I'd spend upwards of five hours daily in practice but those days are pretty well behind me.

Recently (as of like 2009-ish) I started incorporating Art of Memory via like Cicero, etc. Look up art of memory in any search engine.

Undisciplined daydreaming is sorta frowned upon. As for taxonomy of thought, the best I can probably offer off the top of my head is something like Complete Magician's Tables.

>>457575
Looks like a lot of this hand and quill shit came out of Yazidi hymns.
>>
>>457598
>Looks like a lot of this hand and quill shit came out of Yazidi hymns.

I actually did think of that region when it mentions 'the land of the two rivers':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardulfurataini_Watan

A yazidi source would make sense in that case
>>
>>457600
Also related

http://gnosis.org/thomasbook/ch8.html
>>
>>457592
I've got Black Book. I've been told it's fairly unreliable in it's edgelordy English iteration.

I'm working out of an academic hymn book right now that I stumbled on doing a new search for material.

More mountains of attainment. More stellar transvection. Some comment on contemplative visualization. Trying to hunt the Azra'il references.
>>
>>457603
>>457600
I think we've got to push that further up into Eastern Iran. Yaz culture's probably around the time and place of the Yasna mention of the kingdom of Zahak.
>>
File: 1440905153468.png (102 KB, 1821x1054) Image search: [Google]
1440905153468.png
102 KB, 1821x1054
>>457557
>>1) How do you guys try to improve concentration? Meditation and that's it? How was your progress during the past years? How can I gradually master my mind?
do what is called vipassana meditation

since the mind loves pleasures and hates pains, you can try to see that your deliriums are a burden more than anything else. and see that when samadhi is here, you like it.

anyway, acknowledge the delirium, then go back to your breath.
>>
>>457596
To be honest, that looks exactly like every oill lamp crafted by every culture ever.
>>
File: yolandi-visser_306088.jpg (21 KB, 447x357) Image search: [Google]
yolandi-visser_306088.jpg
21 KB, 447x357
>>457592
>TFW I had to stop and re-read, so I could make sure you actually said what I thought you said.

This:
>Lucky for us, edgelords didn't realise they WEREN'T actually Satanists...
Looked like:
>Lucky for us, edgelords didn't realize they WERE actually Satanists..
>>
>>457617
>vipassana
Not a full blown devotee here but I'll totally second the recommendation of the asana and associated contemplations. It's pretty much in the top tier of yogic methods.
>>
>>457618
Probably. But still, made me think

>>457615
CS are assholes, Peter Hamilton-Giles gave the impression that DBoE was basically Witchcraft + Voodoo; in reality, Voodoo is a tiny component, and it's more like Grant + Cochrane + GD + Kaula + Iranian Religion. So far.

What else did Andy put in this book?

>>457629
Ha, my bad, I probably could have cut down on the negative clauses there.
>>
>>457617
>>457631

Where can I get started in Vipassana?
>>
>>457636
At this point we're also getting balls deep into Sefer Yetzirah.

But yeah, the voodoo only seems like a complimentary superstructure alongside traditional Kabbalistic standardization.

Well, there's a lot of tables on the planets and Behenian fixed stares later in the book so Chumbley's apparently unfucking Agrippa.
>>
File: 7502463452.jpg (1 MB, 3039x2014) Image search: [Google]
7502463452.jpg
1 MB, 3039x2014
On the topic of oil lamps, why the fuck don't you plebs have a qulliq?
>>
File: CHotE9gVEAA7uR_.jpg (60 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
CHotE9gVEAA7uR_.jpg
60 KB, 600x399
>>457657
So...turns out black snakes are kind of a thing in Yazidism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2qn2kaj2Uc

Every time you think you have DBoE figured out, another rabbit hole opens up
>>
File: 1447458290208.png (108 KB, 1851x1053) Image search: [Google]
1447458290208.png
108 KB, 1851x1053
>>457654
the messages here

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7475103#p7477977

I add that the distinction between samatha and vipasana emditation is quite unbecoming not substantial. also, samadhi is not concentration but composition (unification)
>>
>>457672
It's gonna get worse when I finish these ST notes and send you my theories on Turnskin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andlang
>>
so...what's the best initatory path(and bibliology) from nothing to kickass indipendent potent ( but preferably limited in nazism and that doesn't advocate rioting and killin) magician?
i hope you won't try to push new age "peace and buy this crystal" bullshit onto me.

i am more interested in growing self, mindpower and willforce than worshipping an above-everything holy deity and while i come from an atheist background i am ok with a bit of faith.

given that i live in Italy i might care less about organizations and aim for self + web.
>>
>>457675

Arigatou~~
>>
>>453074
Holy hell

Thank you anon
>>
>>457675
>>457908
when I say unification, i men unification of your mind with the object of contemplation.

remind yourself that equanimity and benevolence towards the object of contemplation are always required. in fact, the sole purpose of the jhanas is to establish those two feelings irremediably [towards whatever you are conscious of]+charity, after you understand that there is no reason to attach yourself so much to your pains and pleasures. of course, hedonists will do jhanas for jhanas's sake because they seek pleasures.

watch ajhan brham for good intro on meditation, especially the Q&A:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DhammalokaMeditation/videos

you must also know why you wish to meditate. do you want the pleasures, or do you wish to reach nibanna ? at some point, the technics and your results will depend on what you want. it does not matter at the beginning, since almost nobody is good at meditation from the onset.
>>
>>453074
Hey Ape bb do you have any texts on Sufi stuff?
>>
>>457939

Anon, it was a very large amount of content there. I decided to pick one book, "Mindfulness in Plain English", and stick with it. Could you point one good video out of the ones listed? Thank you once more.
>>
What is your opinion on mushrooms/dmt/lsd being used in mediation or magick?
>>
Trying to follow this, but I'm now stuck on Muruga, due to peacocks.
>>
>>457774
Approaching Samkhya's atheistic side.
>>
File: holy mountain.gif (133 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
holy mountain.gif
133 KB, 250x166
>>458312
Another kick-ass godform.

>>458221
Only for advanced practitioners of lotus eating and yoga. Ten to twenty trips plus a year of yoga.

>>457995
Nope.

>>457936
It's why I'm here. Remember, I've got Crowley's unpublished papers in the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Collection.

>>457774
I like Thelema. You sound like you might too. The vehicle of Thelemic instruction is largely through the A.'.A.'. syllabus, but really Magick in Theory and Practice should contain enough material that it's roughly equivalent to Bardon or Regardie's One Year Guide (or whatever it's called).
>>
>>458221
>>458387
>Only for advanced practitioners of lotus eating and yoga. Ten to twenty trips plus a year of yoga.

Mushrooms, lsd, mdma, mescaline..sure.

meditating on dmt? oboyherewego.jpg

there's a reason why you don't just jump to samadhi the first second you meditate
>>
>>457774
Satanism, Daoism, Mormonism and certain Buddhist sects.
>>
>>458387
Any luck on the English Infernal Dictionary?
>>
>>458447
>Daoism
Speakin' of Daoism isn't it strange Western Daoists don't worship Napoleon? They'll fucking pray to Guan Yu and Yue Fei though.
>>
>>458452
Not on a cursory search of my usual resources; you may be best served by buying a used copy of the enhanced English translation.
>>
>>458468
Noted, thanks. I like your threads better
>>
>>458476
Me too but I can commandeer this thing until the bump limit runs out and not post yet another religiously oriented thread when this can serve to centralize discussion even if the topic's thin.
>>
>>458500
I'm thinking maybe each thread should have a sub-topic on top of the library, like an occult society or group or practice that can be discussed historically? Or just let them come naturally, that's fine too I guess
>>
So I downloaded the library and now look what happened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12067588/Former-home-of-most-evil-man-in-Britain-burns-down.html

Aleister Crowley's mansion in Scotland burned down. I hate it when I do things like this and then something like that happens.
>>
>>458387
just tell me the truh man...

will Thelema turn me into a shit-eating sex-hungry devil like its founder was? what's the chance?
if i join a group of thelema will i end up getting buttfucked by a 40 years old drugger and molesting kids? it might be fun but i'd rather mispronounce greek and latin with the local financial lodge than that.
>>
>>458525
Breeze isn't your man.
>>
>>458525
Afaik, nobody heavily involved with Thelema has ever achieved anything notable, spiritually speaking. Probably because all of their practices are spiritually useless.

Seek out a tradition that actually works. Start doing Yoga and Chi Gong.
>>
>>458522
Probably insurance fraud, the house was dilapidated; they tried to market it as a tourist attraction but turns out the public don't give a shit about Crowley.
>>
>mfw there is a Helen Oliver drawing on Ebay for $4000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pasht-Akhti-Helen-Oliver-Cultus-Sabbati-Orig-Art-Drawing-XOANON-Andrew-Chumbley-/151848263092

Who the fuck would buy this

>>457774
Try thelema. Failing that, compromise a bit on the Nazi and killing stuff and try O9A.

Cultus Sabbati have superb stuff, but I don't think either Ape or I would recommend their material to a complete beginner, at least not till we figure it out a lot more. Thelema at least has a shitton written about it.
>>
>>458521
It could be easy to do. I usually got enough texts to fill out a diachronic view.

>>458522
Oh wow I yelled at the screen.
>dat obligatory negative biography
I keep wondering when it'll be long enough after his death and after how many biographies we can finally have a sane picture of AC.

>>458525
Ignoring my above comment, how much of a sex hungry coprophage you think he was before the magick? Moreover, how much of your interpretation is his life story is filtered through Christian whining? Seriously, what are the odds you have a view biased against as hard as the folks who have one for and go "He's the Prophet!" and leave it at that?

Homosex is only in one OTO degree for one person at any given time, to top spot. You have better chances of getting struck by lightning than becoming OHO.

But I mean do whatever. No one SAYS you have to jump onboard Crowley's orgs while working M:TP for a year.
>>
>>458551
>Homosex is only in one OTO degree for one person at any given time, to top spot. You have better chances of getting struck by lightning than becoming OHO.

Not to mention that Typhonian OTO/Order don't even do that for the XI.

I never quite got why they changed from anal sex with a woman to anal sex with a man, but that's OTO for you.

>But I mean do whatever. No one SAYS you have to jump onboard Crowley's orgs while working M:TP for a year.

This- at least read what the man wrote and give it a go first before making your mind up about it.
>>
>>458551
>No one SAYS you have to jump onboard Crowley's orgs while working M:TP for a year.
Why commit 1 year to something that was thought up by a shit-eating failure who ended up poor, ill and unable to conquer drug addiction? Maybe you're a homosex masochist? How about you get rid of the pipe and stop preaching yido-masonic homosex.
>>
>>458541
If you really want to rile them up you should mention all the Occultists Hitler tried to recruit whilst at the same time AC was hilariously desperate to get any recognition he resorted to sending letters to Hilter himself and got completely ignored.
>>
>>458541
Funny, yoga's core to Thelema, as in Patanjali.

>>458545
>Who the fuck would buy this
The sort of person with enough spare cash to buy the entire Xoanon/Three Hands Press bibliography.
>>
>>458541
i might find plenty of self-guided yoga instructions, but how do chi gong works? is there any magical complete guide to chi gong?
>>
>>458559
>The sort of person with enough spare cash to buy the entire Xoanon/Three Hands Press bibliography.

Mfw one of the blogs with the Helen Oliver pics had a quote saying something along the lines of "collect books even if you don't intend to read them"....I just KNOW that asshole is hoarding a copy of DBoE or something similar but never intends to use it. Xoanon may as well have thrown it in the bin.

>>458558
Kek, hadn't heard that one, sauce.
>>
>>458559
>yoga's core to Thelema, as in Patanjali.
So the only redeemable thing about Thelema is actually a medieval Yogi from India? Troll harder gdkiddie
>>
>>458557
He ate shit once. On a dare. From an annoyed and probably kinkier wife.

>ended up poor
His harshest critical biography, Yorke, how annotated the microfilms in the library, confirms he died with a locked strongbox of cash under his bed that he never touched, demonstrating a lack of real financial need in his life.

>drug addiction
Fair point but the West didn't even understand the vast majority of drug addiction's mechanics until a few years before he died.

Look, you can dislike AC for a bazillion reasons. God knows I have bitches and gripes. Your two major objections are largely mythic. I have a list of things I don't like about him, which would probably be inconsequential for most folks, but it's not enough to override that it's hard to come to grips with modern esoterica without giving the dude, at bare minimum, serious consideration.

I ain't here to convert anyone, there should be enough negative, favorable, and neutral biographies, plus the Hag, for a /his/torian around here to come to something resembling truth.
>>
>>458582
Did he actually eat the shit? I thought she dared him and he chickened out
>>
>>458570
Well, Andanda Lahare's largely medival, at least it comes from around the time of Tantraloka, but it's not on the bibliography.

You have read the A.'.A.'. bibliography, right?
>>
>>458582
Now justify his paedophilia and animal abuse, go on.
>>
File: scum.gif (92 KB, 382x309) Image search: [Google]
scum.gif
92 KB, 382x309
>>458582
>Look, you can dislike AC for a bazillion reasons.
I'm gonna be straight with. I hate Crowley for one reason and one reason only.

He accomplished literally nothing spiritually (or he wouldn't be a drugged up loser starved for attention) and yet gets so much praise and attention from people like you. You're promoting a system that doesn't work to newbies who will eventually give up on the occult because of hacks like Crowley and Regardie. Stop wasting people's time with GD nonsense.
>>
>>458584
Fuck me can't type:
>Biographer...who annotated

>>458584
He got down a mouthful and to his credit did not vomit, though he was pretty salty about the whole thing and more revolted than he'd anticipated.

Really it served to humble both parties in the bet, I think. IIRC, Genasthai had his revelation on the rock around that time. I could be wrong.
>>
>>458596
>He accomplished literally nothing spiritually
Don't forget he tied to claim he had reached Jhana after only a handful of years, went back to his teacher and got smacked the fuck down so hard he left India.
>>
File: Lovers.png (596 KB, 478x667) Image search: [Google]
Lovers.png
596 KB, 478x667
>>458596
Ok, everyone ignore any and all recommendations for Thelema and GD. It's nonsense.

I've got like 3k files that aren't about Thelema or the GD traditions. Go read those instead.
>>
>>458624
>I've got like 3k files that aren't about Thelema or the GD traditions. Go read those instead.
Yes, those are great, thanks. Mainly because they actually give you exercises that work like pranayama techniques and mantras.
>>
File: UrbainPact2.jpg (393 KB, 548x775) Image search: [Google]
UrbainPact2.jpg
393 KB, 548x775
>>458656
AC has a preliminary reference on pranayama in RV then tells people if they want more to reference the shit in my library...
I ask again, have you actually read the practices and bibliography of the system your griping about so hard?
>>
>>458666
>AC has a preliminary reference on pranayama
Referencing Eastern practices doesn't actually make your own practices legitimate. I bet you only like Crowley because you read him as an impressionable teen.

Why should I read Crowley when I can read Patanjali? Why should I do the middle pillar when I can do Taoist energy meditations which are more effective?
>>
>>458656
Cool, everybody's happy :3
>>
>>458684
You shouldn't, just go read those if that's what takes your fancy.

What NONE of us should do is argue in 4chan. It's about the biggest waste of time imaginable

Read and practice what you like, and discuss what you like, all the better for making these threads more interesting
>>
>>458684
>more effective
For you.

>Why would I read Crowley
For a dozen reasons, any of which you may or may not have reason for. I dunno, how to extract evokatory material out of Coming Forth by Day? How to reference the Golden Dawn tradition with the Greek Magickal Papyrus? How to integrate knowledge from the Natha and Kaula into a long standing Western esoteric tradition (which actually happened irl with AMOoKoS via a legit chain of Eastern initiation)? For another set of eyes on the practices you're doing? Comment thereon? Things other people want to use the material for that don't interest you?

I get it, there are other core traditions out there. Explore them to. Crowley becomes really hard to avoid after a certain point on the diachronic view. If you can avoid him, more power to you.

If you're going to dislike the dude though, do it for the right damn reasons instead of myth piled on myth.

Also, I'm going to keep asking you if you've read the practices and bibliography you're complaining about until you stop dodging the question.
>>
>>458697
>Read and practice what you like, and discuss what you like, all the better for making these threads more interesting
>>458690

>>458684
We know you like Patanjali & Taoism.

Anything else you like?
>>
>>458706
>Anything else you like?
Bardon, Robert Bruce, sex etc.

One month of practice with tactile imaging stuff and I can feel all the energy in my arms, legs and the bottom three chakras to an uncomfortable extent. Same thing with Bardon's pore breathing. The faster the results, the more legitimate the practice.
>>
>>458730
What does the pore breathing actually do? I remember coming across it in IIH but never quite got what it did
>>
>>453074
How to download it straight to my iPhone? Got app but "something went completely wrong" pops out.
>>
>>458730
>Robert Bruce
What of his would you recommend for the library?

>faster the results
Odd, I got quicker results than core yoga for a handful of Thelemic materials, and I'm having very potent and fast results on this Dragon Book of Essex which would appear downright new age to most folks not familiar with the background material.
>>
>>458735
>What does the pore breathing actually do?
Breath and try to suck up energy with your entire body. That's is, with your skin, bones, eyes, soles, palms, etc.

Do this until you actually feel energy being pulled into your body with your breath. The more you do this, the more energy you can breath in and the better you sense the energy.
>>
>>458738
They're updating their interface quite often these days and I'm not entirely sure how you import from mobile these days.
>>
>>458740
>What of his would you recommend for the library?
Something simple, like Energy Work.

Ignore his new stuff. He's just trying to earn money. The most important thing he does is teach you to feel and manipulate energy.
>>
>ask for best initaitory path, hoping for some good western suggestions
>accidentally setup a wizard catfight on 4chan
>ends up with the only suggestions remaining:edgelords murderer satanists books, non western stuff, and "read 3k books".

my sides, marry christmas.
>>
>>458853
Go read Corpus Hermeticum, Iamblichus, or Chaldean Oracles of Zoroaster.
>>
>>458853
The best thing for a newbie is just to feel energy and know it's real.

Try pore breathing. It takes like 5 minutes in order to initially feel the energy entering your body. If you do it into a specific body part and condense the energy, you'll feel electrical pricks or the sensation of cool water droplets.
>>
>>458909
cool. i wanna sea real energy and shit, like my physic teacher at highschool.

is there a quick guide to porebreathing?
>>
>>458922
>cool. i wanna sea real energy and shit
Kapalabhati and focus on your crown, third eye, pineal etc. I only see aura outlines so far but I'm getting better.

>porebreathing
It's very intuitive. Almost *will* energy into every pore in your body with every breath. Try it and you'll see what I mean. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.
>>
also, for breath meditation, the minimum is to know the in-breath, out-breath and length of breath. this is what is meant by ''waatch the breath''

the general direction of the dhamma is an inquiry, which is something that the hedonist cannot grasp.
>>
What's good bros

What are some good resources for "solar masculinity"? What Plotinus describes as bending everything in you under a single, directed will? How do I go about attaining this self-assurance? I find I have a lot of trouble not second-guessing myself.
>>
>tfw no occultist yogini gf
why live
>>
>>459367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDPREODlF78
he addresses his fear of leg numbing and gangrene
>>
File: 1434799187624.jpg (45 KB, 1196x924) Image search: [Google]
1434799187624.jpg
45 KB, 1196x924
>>459421
>>tfw no occultist yogini gf
women cannot into higher knowledge since they are too hedonistic and sustain easily their hedonism thanks to all the betas ready to live through them, waiting to be validated.
>>
>>459447
Fuck off with this boys vs. girls shit faggot. This isn't 5th grade gym class.
>>
>>459447
>tfw no flexible yoga gf
Is that better, you no fun allowed faggot?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeQTWyASzWg
>>
Is there a decent introductory text for general fringe knowledge like this?

Should I be well read in mythology or philosophy first?
>>
>>459717
Depends on what you're looking for, but yeah it helps to be well-read in religion and wisdom traditions. This stuff isn't obscurantist, it's just the more you know, the richer the meaning of even the most innocuous statements becomes.

Book knowledge isn't as important as practice, though. Start meditating first.
>>
>>459727
>Book knowledge isn't as important as practice, though. Start meditating first.
This. Practice over study. It doesn't matter how much knowledge you have if you don't apply it.
>>
Is there any video/photo evidence of magic shit?
>>
>>459770
>Is there any video/photo evidence of magic shit?
that Chinese guy
>>
>>459450
edgy/10
>>
anyone have The Magus of Java epub/pdf/whatever? thanks
>>
>>459836
He's Indonesian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAV5avfDBiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Ki2-VzUVs
>>
>>460220
>google
>The Magus of Java pdf
>first link
>>
>>459717
Secret Teachings of All Ages is a good encyclopedic view, solid, if rather dated.

>>459727
>>459739
I think theory and methods are on equal footing. Knowing this is worthless without application. Application is worthless without reflection back into any given body of comment; a whetstone by which to hone the point and edge of concentration.

Praxis is a two way street. Neglect application and you're more scholar than magus. Neglect scholarship and you're more like the guy ranting incoherently about indigo children and lightwork in the comments of random NASA videos.

>>460878
That but I'll keep an eye out I guess. Maybe toss it in the library.

Speaking of which I've got enough books for an update, was thinking about posting them for the holiday.
>>
>>460873
does anyone know what base techniques he uses?

[spoiler] looks pretty bullshit to me however [/spoiler]
>>
>>460904
Yo, can I learn to do a kamehameha wave from this?
>>453074
>>
>>460977
No.
>>
hello,

there is a 1hour meditation in 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quOIeCpbyc
>>
>>460987
what's the fucking point of it then ffs
>>
>>460927
http://neigongforum.com/threads/mo-pai-nei-kung-level-one.72/

His particular linage calls it Mo-Pai I guess, but it's pretty much Qi-Gong.
Whether all that chink shit is legit or not is up to you, but either way I wouldn't expect to be setting newspaper on fire any time soon.
>>
Jesus. Y'all need some SCIENCE IN THIS BITCH.

90% of all "mystical" phenomena and experiences can be explained by hypnosis.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc
>>
>>461382
>hypnosis
>science

Surgo pls
>>
>>461581
>being an ignorant moron
>2015
Well, at least the year is ending, maybe you'll learn something next year, eh?
>>
>>461585
Be nice, it's Christmas :3
>>
File: ignorance is a choice.gif (51 KB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
ignorance is a choice.gif
51 KB, 355x200
>>461604
>>
File: 1451036439062.jpg (25 KB, 400x438) Image search: [Google]
1451036439062.jpg
25 KB, 400x438
>>461609
>>
>>460904
>I think theory and methods are on equal footing.
They're really not. Not even slightly.

If you spent all that time reading on meditating, you'd be able to do crazy shit like that Chinese guy.
>>
>>462002
And if you'd spent a little of that time reading instead of meditating, you'd know that guy is Indonesian :^)
>>
File: 1451004359185.png (366 KB, 415x555) Image search: [Google]
1451004359185.png
366 KB, 415x555
>>462027
^I think this illustrates my point fairly well.
>>
>>462002
>>462027

/his/ at its best.
>>
So what do you guys think about alchemy and immortality?

Do you think it's possible that old ass alchemists are still alive (flamel, fulcanelli, etc)?
>>
Christianity always blamed "magic" as a sin.
So if I'm christian I'm supposed to believe in magic too?
Really, is it the blame of magic still a thing nowdays?
>>
>>462687
Interesting question.

Tbqh, with the exception of that Chinese guy whose birth records supposedly show him living for like 200 years, I haven't seem any evidence to suggest it.

That having been said, there have been enough reporting of saints bodies being almost entirely preserved when exhumed years after their death that I suspect there is SOME spiritual related method of preventing bodily decay, though I don't know how it would work
>>
>>462898
Understanding christianity's relationship with "magic" requires a PhD in theology desu
>>
>>462898
>So if I'm christian I'm supposed to believe in magic too?
Well, jesus, as described by the gospels, is just a wizard, like many other wizards of the day. The Old Testament tells you specifically avoid prophets who perform miracles, because they were not sent by god.

Just ignore all the Christian ideas about magic and see for yourself what it's all about.
>>
>>462898
Magical practices and the occult are looked down upon(forbidden really) because they make you stray from wanting union with god and all that shit.
Kind of how like in Eastern traditions siddhis (physic attainments) are sometimes looked down upon because they can reinforce the ego and make you lose your way, etc.

But at the same time you got saints doing miracles and shit, Jesus was pretty much a wizard, etc.
The main point is to not stray from the path of seeking union with the divine.
Just pray your dick off and you'll be fine.
>>
>>462898
i'll suggest you one brilliant point of view: stop giving a fuck about what christianity says.
especially about anything that isn't their own doctrine.

>So if I'm christian I'm supposed to believe in magic too?
as far as i know almost all christian doctrine denies the existence of anything but god+subjected angels+saints in heaven and satan+his devils+all the burning sinners.And mostly believe they influence the world in a hidden way, open manifestations being extremely rare ( usually ending up in acclaimed miracles or apparitions).
i think you are likely to hear that " magic doesn't exist, but stupid people, temted by the devil ( which is also a concept, the essence of sin and temptation, and doesn't necessarily appear as as a metaphysical entity) will believe that bullshit and do nasty things".
but of course if you find the alternative fucker who thinks magic is real then it has to either fall into God's adoration or in Devil's trickery.
i am pretty sure popes condemned occult cults and masons quite often and recently.

you are supposed to believe either what your local bishop says, or get the fuck out of christianity already please.

>Really, is it the blame of magic still a thing nowdays?

nope.why blaming something invisible, of which almost no one believe the existence, when you can blame videogames, TV, soccer, homosexuals, popular singers, mode and cultural changes?
>>
File: 1328411102417.png (277 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
1328411102417.png
277 KB, 354x354
>>449960

>tfw i've been meditating for a few months now
>mfw i'm gonna unlock some siddhis soon
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 383x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 383x409
>>463018
>mfw super smell bmtfo
>>
>>462687
I'm going to take a completely uncharacteristic view but what I saw from Waidan it was mostly scientifically sound, unsurprisingly ingesting minerals and light exercise increases your longevity.
>>
File: Harmonic_glyph.png (778 KB, 1280x899) Image search: [Google]
Harmonic_glyph.png
778 KB, 1280x899
The siddhis come from learning to give selflessly just as you take selflessly.
>>
>>463295
>to give selflessly just as you take selflessly
Wrong view/10
>>
>>463018
>there are people that can't become as small as an atom browsing this thread right now

Fucking plebs.
>>
>>463334
All about that hidden treasure
>>
>>463121
>unsurprisingly ingesting minerals and light exercise increases your longevity.
That's not alchemy bruv.
>>
>>463365
Waidan = Chinese alchemy.

Go to your authentic local Chinese market and you'll see tons of elixirs and tonics.
>>
>>463386
Well if you're so smart, can they make me grow taller? I want to be a real boy.
>>
Man you guys got any other blogs that post fucking dank shit like this
>2. The second moment is the manifestation or actualization of this content. This objectification of the possibilities is projected as a separation from the One. Tomberg relates this moment to the teaching of the tsimtsum in the Kabballah. This is no different from the idea of the Void, which is not a possibility of manifestation, for obvious reasons. Since it cannot be manifested, it is the space out of which this objectification occurs.

http://www.gornahoor.net/?p=7283

>1. God is One and contains all possibilities in the Divine Mind. Everything is contained in it. Multiplicity is a possibility of manifestation, which cannot be excluded from the One. Furthermore, this multiplicity cannot disrupt the One. This primal unity is immediate and undifferentiated.
>2. The second moment is the manifestation or actualization of this content. This objectification of the possibilities is projected as a separation from the One. Tomberg relates this moment to the teaching of the tsimtsum in the Kabballah. This is no different from the idea of the Void, which is not a possibility of manifestation, for obvious reasons. Since it cannot be manifested, it is the space out of which this objectification occurs.
>3. In the third moment, the Divine Unity is reasserted, but not as Absolute, but as Infinite. Unlike the first moment, Unity is now experienced as mediated and differentiated.

>Analogously, we see this in the microcosm of our own mind. Our spirit manifests itself in a multiplicity of feelings, thoughts, and desires, while remaining one. This does not mean, however, that there is always an awareness of the unity of the spirit. On the contrary, usually a course of spiritual development is necessary to bring about this awareness of the I as subject of the multiplicity of experiences. This I is prior to its manifestations.

we're God's way of self-actualizing
>>
>>463417
>God is One and contains all possibilities in the Divine Mind.
This shit is full on retarded. I hate when people make up feel good shit because they want to believe in a universal, almighty god when there is none.
>>
>>463466
Could God make a fedora so large that even he couldn't tip it?
>>
>>463484
>muuh fedora meme
The essay I responded to was kabbalist trash based on medieval jewlosophy.
>>
>>463466
This.

The human mind hasn't yet been fully explored, and people are coming up with retarded shit that makes no sense.
>>
>>463498
>Vladimir Sergeyevich Solovyov[1] (Russian: Bлaди́миp Cepгéeвич Coлoвьёв; January 28 [O.S. January 16] 1853 – August 13 [O.S. July 31] 1900) was a Russian philosopher, theologian, poet, pamphleteer and literary critic, who played a significant role in the development of Russian philosophy and poetry at the end of the 19th century and in the spiritual renaissance of the early 20th century.

>School: Platonism, Christian Mysticism, Russian symbolism

Tips fedora mate
>>
>>463504
I think you're in the wrong thread.
>>
>>463508
>Christian Mysticism
Reference my last post. The "One" is the most disgusting concept I can imagine. It literally makes me gag.

I'd rather believe in Allah, than in your new-age/kabbalist/gnostic blend of shit.
>>
>>463520
Ok
>>
>>463512
I think you misunderstand how "magic" works in an anthropological context.
>>
>>463546
I posted an article you happen to disagree with you don't know me nigga
>>
File: sad frog.png (543 KB, 2656x3192) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.png
543 KB, 2656x3192
Can I use magick to make my penis bigger?
>>
>>457592

Next time you run across a Satanist claiming the Yezidi as their spiritual brethren, show them this video of a young Yezidi girl being stoned to death.

In their defense though, C.S. thinking this fits in with their witchcraft seem just as delusional.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e35_1409287678
>>
File: politics and spirituality.jpg (177 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
politics and spirituality.jpg
177 KB, 400x600
>>457774

Your fellow Italian Julius Evola might be a good start for you.
>>
So, is this like that stuff in the Satanic Bible (no, hear me out, just gimme a second) where he claims that magic serves an important spiritual and psychological purpose, even if it doesn't have a tangible material effect?
>>
File: xian hitler.jpg (21 KB, 614x455) Image search: [Google]
xian hitler.jpg
21 KB, 614x455
>>458558
>all the Occultists Hitler tried to recruit

I think the list of ones that ended up in concentration camps is longer. A LOT longer. Imaging being an Ariosophist that supported him originally and being thanked for your trouble with an arrest by the Gestapo!

You can stop with this silly "Hitler and the occult" bullshit anytime now.
>>
>>458545

It's only $2,000 now. They dropped the price just for you. What a masterpiece it is, too!
>>
>>463726
A lot of people don't subscribe to that belief; they believe they're actual "tangible material effect" caused by supernatural forces, or both.

>>463734
Take your white guilt elsewhere Hans, try /lit/.
>>
>>463734
>You can stop with this silly "Hitler and the occult" bullshit anytime now.
The Nazis were famously obsessed with the occult, so you can suck a dick.
>>
>>463726
>even if it doesn't have a tangible material effect?
But it does have a very tangible effect.
>>
>>463745
You can't argue that believes the Third Reich was Christian, please stop.
>>
>>463750
>You can't argue that believes the Third Reich was Christian
You're right, they weren't Christian. Was that a typo, you anti-Nazi cuck?
>>
>>459447

Sooner or later you'll be a he-man woman hater!

https://youtu.be/vxrhRitq_zU
>>
>>463762
I don't know how your misinterpreting that statement even with the typo
>>
>>463676
From what I understand they built some aspects of the practice out of some Yezidi concepts back in like 95. I don't actually think they claim the Yezidi are witchcraft practitioners or that there was independent discovery of overlapping concepts.

They're pretty upfront with lifting ideas.
>>
>>460927

Not a single one of his students (some of whom have been practicing for years) have attained to his third level - the critical one where these "paranormal feats" supposedly become possible.

Make of it what you will... or just make excuses.
>>
>>461585

Yes, we know that it's the current year. And next year it will still be the current year... although not the current year that it is currently.

Thank you for your insightful analysis.
>>
>>463726
That's more or less the tagline of Anthropological analysis as well, it serves a socially focal purpose even outside of material effect.
>>
>>462027

Maybe he's a Chinese-Indonesian.
>>
File: loldata.gif (1 MB, 208x156) Image search: [Google]
loldata.gif
1 MB, 208x156
>>463743
>white guilt
>ME!

Go suck a cop's gunbarrel, nigger.

The point was (and I don't mean the one at the top of your little pinhead) that Hitler was a christian. Not an atheist. Not a Heathen. Not a Pagan. Not a "black magician".
>>
>>463745

That's famously known to be mostly a myth. Your pop culture history notwithstanding. Himmler was the only one with any real interest in the occult and his "right hand (path) man" Wiligut even made his runology an "Irmanist Kristianity" opposed to Wotanism.

Look into some facts for a change and not your fantasies.
>>
>>463776

Yeah, but the point being that Yezidi concepts have been misunderstood, taken out of context, and made to be something that they're not by virtually everyone who incorporates them into any type of occult praxis.
>>
>>463846
In your mind, what is acceptable use, if any, of religious concepts borrowed to build new elaborations with?

In what ways do the CS violate these acceptable uses? What's the proper place of synchretism? Eclecticism?
>>
>>463838
>Rosenberg
>Hitler
>Hess
>Himmler

Totally a myth.
>>
File: cover.jpg (182 KB, 754x1330) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
182 KB, 754x1330
>>463865

Yes it is, and you're full of shit. You believe what you want to believe whether the facts back it up or not.
>>
>>463864

I have no problem with syncretism and eclecticism but there should be some real congruence between the things you're attempting to syncretize. Twisting them out of shape so they match up is little better than just pulling it out of your ass.
>>
>>463878
>You believe what you want to believe whether the facts back it up or not.
Ya, you're fringe ass book obviously disproves me.

I don't see how you can deny that Himmler, Hess, Rosenberg and Hitler were occultists. Evidence or leave.
>>
>>460977
Look up the discussions on energy mentioned in this thread, do that qi gong exercise where you pretend to hold ball so your hand feels energies and the next where you absorb the ball back. Apply this technique into a wave. Call us back once you can fly, turn super saiyan human and destroyed your wall.
>>
File: untermensch.jpg (78 KB, 700x558) Image search: [Google]
untermensch.jpg
78 KB, 700x558
>>463898
>Noted Germanic scholar
>fringe ass book

I suppose you consider Trevor Ravenscroft a credible source? Pauwels and Bergier maybe? I'll take Flowers' scholarship any day.

I don't have to disprove you, you made the assertion. I gave a Hitler quote showing his christianity. There are plenty more where that came from. Do you know what the word "evidence" means? THAT is evidence.

I said that Himmler was interested in it - sort of - you dipshit. Hitler most CERTAINLY wasn't, in spite of your repeated assertions (with no evidence!) that he was. You WANT it to be true.

Here is some more EVIDENCE.
http://www.evilbible.com/?page_id=15
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

I'm done with you, moron. This is like arguing with a drooling fucking retard. Stay stupid, untermensch.

Pic related - it's YOU.
>>
>>463971
>Noted Germanic scholar
>Asatru Viking-dress-up enthusiast
pick one, cuck boy

>We tolerate no in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity... 1928
Yes, in the midst of accusations of occult leanings and in the middle of a fight against atheistic bolshevism, Hitler said he believes in Christianity. What a fucking shock. Probably right before a parliamentary election too probably.

How about the use of astrologers? How about the use of non-traditional (occultist) Armanen runes?

How about reading Ostara magazine as a teenager and literally visiting its editor? How about imprisoning some occultists and recruiting others?

You do realize that the racial/national awakening in Germany before and after WW1 was tied with the occult? Do I even need to bring up tabletalks?

You don't know what your talking about.
>>
>>462687

I heard that alchemy really started with the patination of different metals, using two base ingredients. Patinators guarding these insights led to multiple misinterpretations, cheesy youtube videos and etymological misunderstandings.

But I don't know anything and am really interested in this thread anyway.
>>
>>463676
Why would a yazidi being stoned to death change how their mythos and cosmology can be used in the DBoE?

The fact that they do the same backward shit as a lot of people in that region doesn't mean their mythology can't be useful in the right hands
>>
>>463797
We need more reading to discern that
>>
>>463895
In what way do you feel have they been pulled out of shape or misrepresented in the DBoE? Please be specific.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here that you've actually read the DBoE and yazidi material you're complaining about
>>
To change tack from the catfighting, I see Mike Magee did a translation of Kaulajnana Niryana:

http://www.amazon.com/Granthamala-Kaulajnana-Nirnaya-Matsyendranatha-Translation-Introduction/dp/B002396M9O

I can only presume it's the same Mike Magee of AMOoKoS. I know the guy is definitely well-placed to interpret the text for Westerners, but is he any good as a translator? Having worked briefly in translation, I know it's not a skill everyone has (God help anyone who has to read my shitty translations, for example)

Pic related, the Mike in question
>>
>>465349
Yup, that's Magee.

I don't know about Kaulajnananirnaya, but his edition of Matrikabheda Tantra appears to be solid. As for KJN, I'd probably have to check it against the Dupuis edition I've got in the stacks.

>>464174
A lot of Western alchemy flowers out of material like Ghāyat al-Ḥakīm, and the grimoires coming out of the middle east between 9-11th c.
>>
File: draco.jpg (681 KB, 959x525) Image search: [Google]
draco.jpg
681 KB, 959x525
>>465133
I already asked, and given that after three months of study on DBoE I'm only now starting to puzzle out the Yazidi influence I imagine he's not actually gone through DBoE, or the hymns I think material was lifted out of, as they're not in the library yet, though that doesn't preclude someone reading them independent of the library's materials.
>>
K, I meant to ask, have you started the Stellar Transvocation yet?

The instructions are contradictory, first he says either the first full or dark moon after Black Sun, then he specifies that it has to be the first dark moon of the new year, after Black Moon.

First full moon after Black Sun was yesterday, so considering starting today, what are you doing?
>>
>>465695
Odd you mention that, I was considering hitching into the practice last night but wound up pretty well occupied.

I'm not done transcribing yet, but I'm on the head so it's really all downhill from here. I'll be starting it with my Black Moon practice, given how much there is about the vessel to start out with, and then after Black Moon and the full assumption I'm going to start puzzling out how to integrate the Hypostasis and Opening the Mouth of Enchantment.

That way I've got like ten more days to finish transcriptions, finish notes on Hallowing and BA, and start up my regular practices.

Also, I think full moon is for the count where you start in the summer.
>>
>>465710
>transcription

Tbqh family I've just started printing bits of it out. The Oracle rites are the only ones that are seriously messily presented, some like the basic Hallowing are ready to print straight from the book.

I see what you mean about the intermediate Hallowing, I can find 150 names, but not certain where the other 11 come from. I suspect the extra 1 relates to grants thing of hidden rays, goddess 15 etc, but that's as far as I've gotten so far. If we can't figure it out, it might be something worth asking CS about, even for a hint.

Yeah there's a surprising amount of supplemental practices that I haven't paid much attention to yet. The Hallowing + ST daily practice is fine, though I suspect we'll be a lot busier than just that.

Incidentally, did you do anything to consecrate your shrine with the new vessel? Andy mentions it as a prerequisite step before HU, iirc, but there's no oration for it, there's just one for the Marriage Vessel.
>>
>>465710
>full moon

I think he means more like your ST cycle should aim to have Tongue on dark moon, then Tail on full moon, then work your way back up to Tongue for next dark moon.

There's definitely going to be extra shit for full moon after White Sun I suspect. I get the feeling that that's the moment when the system really kicks up a gear. Whether K&C is intended to occur during the first ritual year, or on the second or third attempt is debatable imo, it'll be interesting to see
>>
>>465822
>Blessed be thee, O, Shrine of Azhdeha!
>Be thou manifest before me, self arisen black flame,
etc., etc., etc.

Don't remember page number, just that I've got it in my transcriptions as 'shrine blessing'.

I don't intend on transcribing each ritual of the yearly cycle, just the little bits and ST. Won't be writing Hu Arcana, will be for things like daily contemplative stuff.

You might think it's busy but I think from start of ST through Turnskin it's still under an hour a day, but I'm working my own running shit through all this to an extent.

Need to bust into the next Aethry when at all possible. Was thinking of trying with Black Moon.
>>
for pore breathing, should i focus on a body part or try the entire body? i have been able to visualize the energy only going in my chest.

very little success so far honestly.
>>
>>466980
I don't know what "Pore breathing" is but I'd recommend starting with simple techniques (but effective!) like "Nadi Shodhana".
>>
>>466980
It was suggested like yesterday

Give it time, bruh
>>
File: 1451031170522.jpg (64 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1451031170522.jpg
64 KB, 600x525
>>466980
How skilled are you in visualization?

Pore breathing is an analog of the underlying assumptions of pranayama, which is that energy is delivered into the body via the inrush of air. This isn't too far off given oxidization drives cellular respiration.

I *think* the book that gatewayed me into pranayama was Sivananda's "Science of Pranayama" but I could be mistaken.

Either way it may well explain that you're getting chest 'energies' as that's the most noticeable and first contact point of prana as where something like taking prana in via skin is sort of reserved for slightly more advanced practitioners once they've got a handle on how their body handles prana in a normative sense.

If you want to try and progress a bit or add to the practice, attempt to visualize the 'energy' radiating outward from the chest, and when you get 'feels' of the prana against skin -then- move on to visualizing taking it like an amphibian.
>>
>>467076
>How skilled are you in visualization?

almost 0.
looks like i have lot of reading and practice to do int he next days, thanks a lot.
>>
File: Pez_ESDSol.jpg (30 KB, 444x400) Image search: [Google]
Pez_ESDSol.jpg
30 KB, 444x400
>>467139
Visualization of tattvas is an early contemplative practice in Hinduism that was picked up by the Golden Dawn. Should help, as in learning to hold images of the tattvas in your mind's eye for extended periods of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattva_vision
>>
Now Clinton's childhood house got burned down. Suspected arson.

http://thegrio.com/2015/12/26/bill-clintons-childhood-home-burned-down-in-suspected-arson/

How am I to read this? An eye for an eye? You burned my house, now I burn yours?
>>
>>467258
Places burn all the time through arson or otherwise. I'm not seeing anything in the news on arson in Boleskine, do you have any indication of some sort of Clinton involvement?
>>
>>467313
No.
>>
>>467736
Exactly.

Boleskine had been bought for renovations a few years back in anticipation of current owners opening a museum.

Noticed in a few of the pics it looked like the interior had been gutted by the fire.

Now where the fuck am I supposed to face for Liber Reguli?
>>
This is all satire, right?

Nobody on this board actually believes in magic, right?
>>
>>467258
Get the fuck out, /pol/.
>>
Skepticfag here. What's the biggest thing someone has done using magic? I understand I might not see lighting coming out of their fingertips or anything like that but I'm very interested in occult stuff, specifically John Dee's life and his Enochian language and magic system.

Also, what's the most amazing thing the ordinary person can get to do with magic after a reasonable amount of training and preparation?
>>
>>467884
Even if nobody actually believes this shit (and people do, including me), the library linked here, >>453074, has tons of non-source material in the humanities, philosophy, anthropology, some aspects of history, and comparative religion.

>>467942
I mean if he's got a compelling link I'm all ears but most of similar sentiments are just speculation.
>>
File: timthumb lè.jpg (58 KB, 940x505) Image search: [Google]
timthumb lè.jpg
58 KB, 940x505
>>467951
>Also, what's the most amazing thing the ordinary person can get to do with magic after a reasonable amount of training and preparation?
Gnosis of the On High?

Seriously though it's going to depend on:
>your aims
>your methods
>your dedication
>etc.
You bring a lot to the table here. I and others swear by material like Lemegeton (summoning "demons") for practical purposes. Get that promotion you're gunning for. Win that court case which seems like a lost cause. Financial windfall in a pinch. Retribution on foes.

Enochian probably won't net you all that, and if it does it'll be subtle and unasked for. Even then I wouldn't expect to get too far if you're mostly an amateur, Enochian is some of the more advanced material in the esoteric tradition.

That said Dee & Kelley were using it to spy for the throne and their info was somewhat solid enough to keep them from getting torched by any number of parties, so again, a lot of what you get out of this stuff depends on what you put in.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.