[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qasr Amra restoration is wrong, very wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Qasr Amra is an Umayyad castle from the 8th century in Jordan and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is considered one of the most important examples of early Islamic art and architecture, with beautiful and unique frescoes on the inside walls.

In 2014 it went trough restoration process by the Italian Higher Institute of Conservation and Restoration, in collaboration with the World Monuments Fund (WMF) and the Department of Antiquities of Jordan.

Yet when one compare pictures of the frescoes from before and after the restorations thoroughly, one notice considerable and alarming differences in the subjects of the painting, to the point of alteration their original meaning.

Most noticeably, the famous bathing woman figure had her headscarf altered to curly hair and her nipple erased, turning her into a man.

The end result of these alterations is a desecration, rather then restoration, of the fresco and it's original meaning. This should alarm any person who cares about preserving our human heritage.
>>
What makes you think the original was a woman in the first place?

also
>Muslims destroy shit/blow up ancient mosques to make way for new skyscrapers
>RELIGION OF PEACE, SHUT UP ISLAMOPHOBES

>white people try to fix things and make them better
>CULTURAL APPROPRIATION, FUCKING CHRISTIANS, CRUSADES, INQUISITION, BUTT FUCKERS!
>>
>>447720
Nobody is talking about ebul white people, stop turning everything into a /pol/-tier shitflinging debate and take your butthurt elsewhere.
>>
>>447720
boobs, headscarf

you're paranoid

I hate liberals and SJWs but this is why I also have disdain for /pol/tards
>>
>>447727
Really? Because I don't see any outrage about the Saudis blowing up millennia old architecture to make way for strip malls and skyscrapers
>>447738
>le stupid /pol/ may may xDDD
fuck off. Also, are you implying only women wore headscarves? Look I don't like restoration in the first place, but I think that UNESCO, an organization devoted to preserving history, would probably have people on the job who know what they're doing. What purpose would they have to change it from a woman to a man? What agenda does that serve?
>>
OP here. I would be thankful if you could bring this up to your archaeology or Islamic studies professor.
>>
>>447748
Are you an idiot? Of course people have been talking about it, but it's old news.
This is recent, and most likely the idea of the Jordanian government rather then the Italian team.
Stop bringing up shit that nobody thinks.
>>
>>447751
>Islamic studies professor
If you have one of these you are a self-flagellating cuck
>>
>>447748
>Because I don't see any outrage about the Saudis blowing up millennia old architecture to make way for strip malls and skyscrapers

It's literally one dude making a thread on 4chan. If you feel like the shit the Saudis do deserves at least the same exposure then make a thread about it. This is the same shit as those liberals who go "Some random ass negroes in some backwater shithole also got shot so stop feeling sorry for the people who died in Paris."
>>
>>447748
Take a look at the left character in the crowd in the first pic. That is a man wearing a headscarf.
Men wore scarfs covering their neck and chin, women left their necks and chins bare.
>>
>>447748
>Really? Because I don't see any outrage about the Saudis blowing up millennia old architecture to make way for strip malls and skyscrapers

Maybe try leaving your /pol/ echo chamber, then.
>>
>>447715
Why do you think they would do that? Maybe it was a man in the first place? Or maybe it's still a woman and it looks like a man?

Either way i think the people doing the reconstructing know what they're doing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.