[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every nation was sent a messenger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cuak.jpg (14 KB, 630x600) Image search: [Google]
cuak.jpg
14 KB, 630x600
I have a question to muslim anons. The Quran says that every nation was sent a messenger but... who was the messenger in America? (the entire continent)

This is a serious question, by the way. I'm not trying to criticize Islam, nor am I interested in what anti-Islam anons want to say.

Also, any information about messengers from other parts of the world will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>445569
Muhammad (pbuh) was the last messenger, the messenger for all of the nations
>>
>>445569
Allah knows
>>
>>445569

Read about the Perennial Philosophy and check out SH Nasr.

The Quran does not list a set of peoples and their corresponding messengers. The theological idea is that God, since God is most just, did not leave humans in moral darkness. All humans in all of time and space have possessed: 1) fitrah, the ability to perceive morality and act according to it 2) access to spiritual guidance based on/containing a legitimate revelation which ultimately is sourced in God.

I forget the name for number 2 and I may have framed it incorrectly, but I think this is the rough idea. No human on judgement day can claim they did not ever hear words of truth.
>>
>>445569
>who was the messenger in America (the entire continent)
Firstly, there wouldn't be only one for the whole land mass. There would have been several. Secondly, we don't know who the messengers in the Americas were nor do we know there names, just as we don't know who was the Ancient Chinese messenger or the messenger(s) who at some point in time attempted to give a message to people in the Balkins and so on and so forth. All that we are told is that there is a messenger(s) that were sent to "every nation" that brought God's message of monotheism. Obviously non-Muslims would not believe this since our historical records thus far show monotheism as relatively rare in the world's antiquity and polytheism dominated, but regardless, that is the Muslim claim. Presumably, monotheism, if it ever caught on in a region at all to any notable extent other than gaining a minority of followers, would eventually be covered over with polytheism again, and lack of records or popularity at this period would result in the limited existance of monotheism being absent, especially if securely written records were limited to aristocracy or nobility that did not convert.
>>
Thatd be Osama Bin Laden.
>>
I'm not a Muslim but I think there is a possibility, in interpreting this sort of passage, that the messenger was indeed 'sent' but was simply unable to achieve his or her purpose.

That messenger may have been killed, left to grow up without education, or simply ignored when he tried to spread whatever message he was indeed tasked with spreading.

This might be a way to shift collective responsibility on people for not ensuring equality and fairness of opportunity in their respective societies.
>>
>>445579
>>
>>445569
probably they landed in cannibal territory and the natives ate them
>>
>>445569
Joseph Smith
>>
>>445645
>>445726
Thank you both for your answers, they were really, REALLY helpful!
>>
>>445867
This. Mormons are the Muslims of the New World, so to speak.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.