[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
During its peak, did the Roman Empire have more complex infrastructure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png (357 KB, 2534x1540) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png
357 KB, 2534x1540
During its peak, did the Roman Empire have more complex infrastructure and technology for the time than the Song dynasty at its peak?
>>
>>445390
No. The Roman Empire was more powerful that the Han Dynasty, but not the Song. Then again, the Song came over 700 years later
>>
>>445398
Sorry, I don't know why I wrote powerful, I meant advanced. Powerful is a loaded term
>>
>>445426
Well, the Song had gunpowder. That's a big deal.
>>
This is almost Samurai vs. Knight tier of anachronism.
>>
>>445465
How so? Knights and samurai existed in time periods.
>>
>>445440
Didn't save them from being obliterated by unwashed monkeys on horseback.
>>
I don't actually know much about Song.

Any good literature recommendations?
>>
>>445468
The thing is, the horse niggers had gunpowder too.
>>
>>445468
>implying that the Mongols couldn't just adopt the new Chinese Tech
>>
>>445465
>Knights vs Samurai
You know what i wanna see?

Spanish Tercio vs. Sengoku-era Daimyo army

there, no more anachronism
>>
>>445923
Your typical Daimyo army had anywhere from a few thousand to several tens of thousands of soldiers. And if it's late sengoku period that's potentially tens of thousands of men with firearms.
>>
>>445477
Watch "Marco Polo" on netflix
>>
>>447874
Isn't that show utter trash?
>>
>>445466
No. The knight we usually think of when we say knight was around during the 15th century, the Samurai we usually think of was around during the Sengoku Jidai, in the 17th century.

Put it this way, the main weapon of the Samurai at that time was using Matchlock Muskets.
>>
>>447901

Marco Polo didn't have any interaction with the Song did he? Kublai Khan had established Yuan by the time Marco Polo was in China.
>>
>>445390
No, the Song Dynasty existed 1000 years later and undoubtedly had superior technology. Rome's size is largely a merit of the Mediterranean, a geographical feature.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.