[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the Jews kicked out of Spain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: whQHI88.png (77 KB, 1016x2816) Image search: [Google]
whQHI88.png
77 KB, 1016x2816
Why were the Jews kicked out of Spain?
>>
File: 1389464122316.jpg (58 KB, 476x342) Image search: [Google]
1389464122316.jpg
58 KB, 476x342
>>443710

>filename ends with 88
>>
>>443716
I have 14 filenames that end with 88
>>
File: disgusting.gif (2 MB, 275x154) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.gif
2 MB, 275x154
Isnt obvious? Are you retarded?
>>
>posting redditball outside of containment boards
>>
Because they were conspiring with the Turks to help the Ottoman Empire conquer the Iberian Peninsula.
>>
>>443710
because they could not indoctrinate them into the state religion and because they could confiscate their property without catholics fearing they would do the same to them
>>
>>443710

Spanish Catholics had a very hard-line attitude toward usury

which in the biblical sense just means charging interest of any kind

guess what kind of work the Jews are fond of

If it's any consolation Spanish economic backwardness ran the country right onto the rocks
>>
>>443710
Heresy.
>>
>>445080
>catholics accusing Jews of heresy

Oh, Spain! :^)
>>
File: dahood.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
dahood.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1152
>>445094
But its true. Theres only 2 ways, being catholic or orthodox.

Everything out of this is heathen.
>>
>>445077
>Spanish Catholics had a very hard-line attitude toward usury
Bingo.
>>
>>443710
Why wouldn't them? Pretty much every relevant kingdom had expulsed them already, and in 1492 the hispanic monarchy was presenting itself as the most catholic monarchy in the world. Jews killed Jesus and collaborated with Tarik and Musa, from the point of view of Isabel and Fernando, they had plenty of reasons.

They also were moving towards a more authoritary kind of monarchy were the monarch (read the state) had more control and the landlords and grandees less, since the plots of said grandees had caused a lot of civil war during the previous years and even generations. This meant striving for unity and uniformity, which included the creation of more pan-castillian institutions and also establishing a single religion for all the kingdom. Remember that they didn't expulse converts and that they also expulsed the muslims (the later expulsion of moriscos was an expulsion of christians with muslim convert ancestors, not muslims). The establishment of the inquisitions follows this objectives too as it persecuted the fake converts and also acted as an early modern "political police".
>>
>>443710
Who the fuck wants Jews in their country lmao
>>
>>443710
racism and jealousy just as all whiteys do and feel
>>
File: Hitler 42.png (182 KB, 372x544) Image search: [Google]
Hitler 42.png
182 KB, 372x544
>>445034
I like you
>>
>>445077
>which in the biblical sense just means charging interest of any kind
I thought it was just excessive interest.
So much of history makes so much more sense now.
>>
>>445240
Orientals, Armenians, and Copts are allowed too.
>>
The jews were foreigners that came along with the muslims.
>>
>>445620

This
>>
>>445847
>The jews were foreigners that came along with the muslims.
Couldn't Jews have been around since the days of the Romans?
>>
>>445240
>But its true. Theres only 2 ways, being catholic or orthodox.
And yet neither are actually catholic or orthodox
>>
>>445077
>guess what kind of work the Jews are fond of
Or were forced into by Christian Europeans who wanted to use them as a means to move around their religious edicts (wow such belief).
>>
>>445862

The Jews pre-date the Muslims because the Jews opened the gates for the Muslims during the siege of Toledo.
>>
>>446191
I've looked for twenty minutes and I'm going to need a source.
>>
>>445066
>disliking polandball

Wow anon, I wish I could be as edgy and contrarian as you.
>>
>>445814
To my understanding it was any intrest. Basically the old testament had a part where it said dont take intrest from gods people. Gods people being other jews in the case of jews. New testament has the same part but the problem is everyone is gods people for christians so any kind of usury wasnt allowed.
>>
>>447295
For the OT part, could you clarify?

The NT part is understandable, because the message of redemption took on a more universal tone.
>>
>>447318
Jews cant ask intrest of other jews to my understanding. Of course most jews are non-religious anyway so they ignore this part these days much like christian bankers do.

Quick wiki googling gives me this:
"Exodus 22:24 (25)—If thou lend money to any of My people, even to the poor with thee, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor; neither shall ye lay upon him interest."

"Deuteronomy 23:21 (20)—Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou puttest thy hand unto, in the land whither thou goest in to possess it."
>>
>>447342
Yeah, considering that these stem from Jewish texts, its fairly clear that it leads to a kind of internal, tribal nepotism, and if your beliefs extend into theirs, they basically are behaving like parasites off others.

They're less religious now, but back when banking became a thing, it would have been some kind of work-around.

From memory, the first bank to utilize interest was set up by the Knights Templars, did they simply ditch the rules, or try to bypass the issue by only lending interest to other Christians, because they didn't apply the usury part on a broader scale?

Seems the latter may be the case, they just saw it as a tribal law for israelites, and not for them.
>>
>>447271
>being a banned from reddit refugee /pol/int/tard
>spreading your cancer
>>
>>447358
I'm not really much read on knight templars but from memory the church basically just ignored the no usury rule since the templars were helping with the crusades and all. Also kingdoms tended to try their best to ignore the rule too since they saw banks as way too useful. Basically the dumb peasant populace hated banks but the people in charge used them anyway. Jews being the biggest bankers was even useful to some kingdoms since if they didnt want to pay loans back they could just kick the jews out and nobody would care.
>>
>>447411
>>447358
The Templars charged rent. If they lent you money, you had to leave them an item, an item, which they would store and charge rent for at a rate according to the loan terms.
>>
>>447436
*any item
>>
>>445815
>no Chaldeans
>no Nestorians

Come on man, we like them too.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.