[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the hell we the point of the hre again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1449335217484.png (367 KB, 1600x1954) Image search: [Google]
1449335217484.png
367 KB, 1600x1954
what the hell we the point of the hre again?
>>
>>441587
>what the hell we the point of the hre again?

M8 did you have a stroke
>>
So that Germanic barbarians could feel prestigious
>>
>>441595
*was
>>
What was the point of a political entity? What is the point of any of them? An association of peoples, usually sharing a cultural background and a language, organized for mutual defense and prosperity.
>>
>>441601
Oh, well in that case it was just supposed to be a Christiandom for all catholics
>>
>>441587
The Pope needed someone to protect him from the Lombardians since Constantinople wasn't picking up the slack, and the Franks were available. Shower them with legitimacy and irrevocably tie the Imperial title to the church, and then suddenly you're Holy, Roman, and Imperial.
>>
Man, fuck Constantine, moved the center of power out of Rome and everything went to shit.

For that matter, fuck the bastards in the Senate who killed Julius.
>>
>>441587
Achieving world relevance by being the most loyal servant of the pope and giving him all my money.
t. Otto the "Great"
>>
File: 1445279489670.png (216 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445279489670.png
216 KB, 500x375
>>441587

Is it some kind of meme to post this graph here?
>>
>>441587
To prevent France from achieving European supremacy and restart the Roman Empire.
>>
>>441587
The permanent hard on all european cultures had/have for the Roman Empire.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.