[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know the Earth is about 6000 years old. But is it possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Seven-Dispensations.jpg (162 KB, 1168x536) Image search: [Google]
Seven-Dispensations.jpg
162 KB, 1168x536
We all know the Earth is about 6000 years old.

But is it possible to know the exact time?
>>
It's 10:05pm CST, mate.
>>
59XX something.

It will be exactly the 6000th year when Christ returns and sets up the millenial kingdom.

>creation was 6 days
>7th day for rest

>human history will be 6000 years
>last 1000 years for rest
>>
>>441240

The last 1/4 of this image scare me beyond belief and I don't know what to do, especially the Great White Throne Judgement
>>
>>441240
The universe started just now, actually. Any "evidence" of it being older was planted by God to test your faith. Repent.
>>
>>441240
>We all know the Earth is about 6000 years old.
No. Absolutely not. Nobody knows how old the Earth is. And anybody who claims to know, is a blasphemous liar.
>>
>>441240
>The oldest rocks on Earth, found in western Greenland, have been dated by four independent radiometric dating methods at 3.7-3.8 billion years. Rocks 3.4-3.6 billion years in age have been found in southern Africa, western Australia, and the Great Lakes region of North America. These oldest rocks are metamorphic rocks but they originated as lava flows and sedimentary rocks. The debris from which the sedimentary rocks formed must have come from even older crustal rocks. The oldest dated minerals (4.0-4.2 billion years) are tiny zircon crystals found in sedimentary rocks in western Australia.
>>
>>441478
You have nothing to fear if you believe in Jesus.
>>
>>441240
Nice b8 m8
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (115 KB, 474x632) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
115 KB, 474x632
>>442074
>>
>>441277

/thread
>>
>>441240

Do your job
>In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth, Gen. 1, v. 1. Which beginning of time, according to our Chronologie, fell upon the entrance of the night preceding the twenty third day of Octob[er] in the year of the Julian [Period] 710. The year before Christ 4004. The Julian Period 710.

>Ussher provides a slightly different time in his "Epistle to the Reader" in his Latin and English works:[5] "I deduce that the time from the creation until midnight, January 1, 1 AD was 4003 years, seventy days and six hours." Six hours before midnight would be 6 pm.
>Ussher's proposed date of 4004 BC differed little from other Biblically-based estimates, such as those of Jose ben Halafta (3761 BC), Bede (3952 BC), Ussher's near-contemporary Scaliger (3949 BC), Johannes Kepler (3992 BC) or Sir Isaac Newton (c. 4000 BC).[1] Ussher's specific choice of starting year may have been influenced by the then-widely-held belief that the Earth's potential duration was 6,000 years (4,000 before the birth of Christ and 2,000 after), corresponding to the six days of Creation, on the grounds that "one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8). This view continued to be held as recently as AD 2000,[2][3]more than six thousand years after 4004 BC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology
>>
>>441478

That's kinda the point.

"Be a good boy - OR ELSE."
>>
>>442331
Except that's not what Jesus said at all.

You're saved by faith alone.
Not works, deeds or rituals.
>>
>>441240
Earth is 4 days old, prove me wrong.
>>
>>442350
why are atheists so retarded?
>>
>>442339
Luther pls go.
>>
>>442360
You mean Bible pls go.

Because the scripture says that.
>>
>>442363
> Personally reading the Bible
Luther pls
>>
>>441240
>But is it possible to know the exact time?
there is an actual objectively practical reason that we need to know this
>>
>>442339

Jesus might not even have existed. He most likely did but we have no idea of what stance he had on things because he didn't write anything down.
What matters is what the church said.
>>
>>442354
I mean, you can't prove that it's not.
>>
>>441240
complacent conformist lazy bastards actually get paid to argue about this
>>
>>441240
That pictures wrong
The rapture happens AFTER the tribulation
>>
>>442079
>he doesn't believe in the christian chronology of the universe
>let me post the cool fedora tipping meme
>>
>>442339
Heretic spotted, purge yourself.
>>
>>441281
It is 5776
>>
>>442339
>Hitler had faith so he goes to heaven
Kind of a shitty god tbhf
>>
>>442079
> if i post it, then he's wrong guys.

People like you, not christians mind you, but people who resort to memes when there backs are against the wall is why no one can have a real discussion on 4chan.
>>
File: 1450641875583.jpg (294 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450641875583.jpg
294 KB, 900x900
>>442079
>>
>>441478

"New Heavens and New Earth" is the dumbest part.

Okay, let's say that you're a good boy who makes into God's eternal kingdom... then what? You sit on a cloud, clapping your hands and exclaiming "hallelujah" for eternity? Do Christians have any idea how long eternity IS?

It seems to me that the Christian "paradise" is very poorly thought out.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.