[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: wwii_major_operations.jpg (3 MB, 2500x1918) Image search: [Google]
wwii_major_operations.jpg
3 MB, 2500x1918
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED

so Russia is referred to as the "motherland" right?

and Germany is referred to as the "fatherland" right.

That means....

The rest of Europe is the CHILD!!

WORLD WAR 1 AND 2 WERE THE CUSTODY BATTLES!!

discuss?
>>
>>440384
Self bump
>>
>>440384
No
>>
>>440384
>so Russia is referred to as the "motherland" right?
only in english
in russian, the country would be otechestvo, which has roots from the same word as father, or rodina, meaning birthplace
>>
>>440595
and in fact otechenstvo would be the one you would most commonly use in a pathetic/poetic way
>>
File: 1435309726348.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1435309726348.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>
Uusally every language has such a word so I fail to see the point here.
>>
Another self bump
>>
>>440384
Russians don't actually refer to their country as the motherland but nice shitposting.
>>
>>441535
Thanks, I try my best
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>>440595
>rodina, meaning birthplace
>Rodina. Matriarchy. Kin of wife.
Cool, cool.
>>
Russians call it fatherland (Oтeчecтвo), motherland is some kind of retarded Anglo construct.
>>
>>441506
your OP is a child-tier theory that you probably thought up when you were bored in class and thought it was really deep. its not. leave this site and wait a few years until you old enough to come back here. in the meantime read books on european history and see why your idea is retarded
>>
>>440384
>MAJOR OPERATIONS OF WW2
>3 major battle sites in Africa
>3 major battle sites in Italy
>The only major battle in the Eastern Front was Kursk
>US/UK fought 10 major battles
>USSR fought one major battle
>The only axis advances were at Kursk and Bulge
>Stalingrad isn't even on the map
M U R I C A
U
R
I
C
A
>>
Seeing as how both Germany and Russia refer to themselves "Fatherland" (like majority of the countries), I'd say they are more of an abusive gay couple and Europe is the adopted child.
>>
>>440384
What county doesn't refer itself as the mother/fatherland? It just means this, the place you were born.
>>
>>441898
To be fair that map says "WW2 in 1945"

But its still American as fuck, those borders are completely wrong, at least as far as czechoslovakia is concerned.
>>
>>443271
It doesn't make sense anyway. The "battle sites" are from 1942,1943 and 1944 and the map is pre-1938 with independent Austria. The legend itself doesn't mention Eastern Front until the very end.
>>
>>443271
>, at least as far as czechoslovakia is concerned.
no? the borders are spot on - they are prewar borders for reference
>>
>>443328
At the time Slovakia was separated and we didn't have Sudetenland, but i would be able to accept that they are basing it on 39' map. What i can't accept is that it labels us as Axis.

Slovakia was axis at best, but we were fucking first victim of Hitler. We wanted to fight but we were literally told by all the great powers to lay down our arms and surrender.
>>
Also Turkey is Allies now.
The map is a disaster, and it looks like it was made by US Military Academy, so my views on American education are confirmed once again.
>>
Pretty sure all countries have an equivalent of "fatherland" except England. Look up patria or patrie.
>>
>>443382
Turkish uses "motherland".

It uses "father" for the state tho.
>>
>>440384
This is a shit thread.

Russians say mother homeland, not motherland.
>>
>>440595
What aboud Rodina-Mat'?
>>
>>443568
"Father State" is a very old slang that is almost never used today. It was the Turkish version of "Uncle Sam".
>>
so Germany is basically Brendan Fraser the country?
>>
>>440384
>WORLD WAR 1 AND 2 WERE THE CUSTODY BATTLES!!
Custody over the falling Ottoman Empire, and by the way, the Jews won.
>>
>>440384
Africa is called the Motherland too, and not just for Black Americans.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.