[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Leaders who beefed it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Nicolae_Ceausescu.jpg (495 KB, 1055x1622) Image search: [Google]
Nicolae_Ceausescu.jpg
495 KB, 1055x1622
Opposite of the "late bloomer" thread that's up. Post leaders who started off promising, then fucked it all up big time.

Pic related. From what I've read about him, he was doing pretty well from 1968-1971 before he visited China and North Korea and decided to base his ideology off of them.
>>
Barack Obama has been a total disappointment.
>>
>>439705
kek

Ceausescu
>>
>>439705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehyU_uDRNeQ

skip at 2:29 to see his execution, fucked up shit
>>
>>439705
As a romanian, I have a hard time knowing how popular he is in the western world. Do people actually know him and why? Most people I talk to know nothing of Romania.
>>
>>439958
You guys were Axis in WWII, right?
>>
>>439968
yup yup
>>
>>439958
I haven't heard of him but I'd like to know more if you're willing to give a good summary.
>>
>>439968
we had a relatively significant german population, as well as soviet influence (who were axis at the beginning).
>>
>>439974
That's most of what I know about your country, that and that your county's main internet provider got banned from 4chan for a while and then you all started shitposting on /pol/.
>>
The Persians in general.

Could have ruled the world, instead got destroyed by dumb Arab bedouins. They should rename Iran to Cuckran
>>
>>439705

He looks smug as fuck.
>>
>>439983
>leaders
How can an empire or civilization be its own head of state?
>>
>>439977
Interesting guy. His wife was an infamous idiot. Terribly uneducated but for some reason really tried to come off as intellectual. She tried strong arming a well renowned dean into handing her a degree. When she sat in front of the board to present her thesis, which she obviously made someone write for her, he tested the shit out of her and flunked her immediately lol. She was a complete cunt in general, complaining to her husband about perceived inefficiencies in matters she had absolutely no knowledge in. She summed up the resentment the people had for soviet communism. A bunch of uneducated laborers who think all intellectuals and rich people are exploiters. It was a terribly era in an already dim history.
>>
>>439979
Yea everyone's into hacking in romania, not sure why. Maybe they're just bored.
>>
Akexander I
François Guizot
Wilhelm II

The 19th century were full of them.
>>
>>439717
He's exactly as shitty as I expected him to be, worse even.

The US has the worst race relations its had since the 80s. And all under a Black democrat, lol
>>
>>439983
>destroyed by dumb Arab bedouins
Except that's not how Persia became Muslim

Also literally what is the Safavids and Nader Shah
>>
Carter.
nice guy.
complete fuck up of a leader though.

now we're about to watch history repeat itself if bernie gets elected somehow.
>>
>>442062
I was gonna post this. Carter is the Ned Stark of presidents.

>now we're about to watch history repeat itself if bernie gets elected somehow.

Bernie is way better at playing politics than Carter was, and not half the commie reddit seems to think he is. His problem is that he has no charisma, he alienates minorities & the upper class, and he only has a strong position in a few domestic issues.
>>
File: enver-hoxha-portrait[1].jpg (77 KB, 555x720) Image search: [Google]
enver-hoxha-portrait[1].jpg
77 KB, 555x720
>>439705
Even though he literally did nothing wrong, his early rule was definitely loads better than the later days.
>>
File: Salazar.jpg (131 KB, 635x340) Image search: [Google]
Salazar.jpg
131 KB, 635x340
>>439705
pic very, very related
>>
>>439983
>Could have ruled the world,

Iran will never get stronger?
>>
>>442078
He also has a shit foreign policy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.