[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did the entire Inca Empire get conquered by less than two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: spanish success breeds jealousy.png (272 KB, 817x669) Image search: [Google]
spanish success breeds jealousy.png
272 KB, 817x669
how did the entire Inca Empire get conquered by less than two hundred Spaniards?
I know they had muskets and steel weapons, but the Inca outnumbered them hundreds to one and probably had more troops than the Spanish had ammunition.
>>
>>437362
Foreign diseases also played a huge factor.
>>
>>437362
Those 200 spaniards didn't do it alone, they allied with natives who had a bone to pick with their Inca oppressors and hoped to topple them with Spanish help. Little did they know Spanish oppression would just replace Inca oppression and make everyhing even worse for them.
>>
>>437362
Not sure how accurate this documentary I watched was, but from the sound of things it was a quick scuffle in a city that involved the spaniards capturing the sapa inca. This led to a massive civil war, and chaos erupting while the spaniards seized Cuzco unopposed.
Spain then imposes rule after getting word of success.
>>
>>437362
read "An Inca Account of the Conquest of Peru" and thats your answer
>>437413
>>437454
and these nerds
>>
>>437362
>>437372

Also, a large part of it was that Pizarro walked into Peru in the middle of a civil war, which the Spaniards took advantage of.

The turning moment was when the Spaniards captured Sapa Inca (as >>437454 says), they effectively beheaded the empire. The Incas were so totalarian that once the Spaniards got the reigns from the Inca, it was all over. They were preconditioned to accepting authority.

Not to mention the Incas had a prophesy that the time of their empire was almost up. I think many of them accepted conquest a little easier because of this prophecy.
>>
>>437362
They didn't conquer them with muskets and steel weapons, just like they didn't conquer Mexico with muskets and steel weapons.

Both Cortés and Pizarro were cunning man who knew the way to adapt and profit from native political situation. In fact, and in general terms, the whole Spanish rule (before bourbonic reforms) in the americas is marked by make use of native politics to exercise their rule.

>>437454
The empire was already in a civil war before the spaniards capturing the inca.
>>
>>437362
You're should read books of Jules Gabriel Verne
>>
>>439521

The interesting part about Pizarro was that the guy was a relative loser compared to Cortes. He was an illiterate bastard child, which makes his conquest even more interesting.

Hell, even after the Spaniards conquered the Incas, they eventually fell into their own little civil war between Almagro + crew vs Pizarro + crew.
>>
I'll just go ahead and say what everyone is afraid to say: the Incas weren't fucking white.
>>
>>439544
White is sickness. Anaemia. Propagandized by fools from EU nobles. Red is healthy.
>>
>>437362
Germs, guns and steel.
>>
>>439544
thread/
>>
>>439579
Fuck you, you beat me to my favourite meme
>>
>>437362
Disease and civil war.

Inca themselves were ruling that whole land for 6 generations or so by the time, various tribes wanted to throw them out and conquistadors used it.
>>
They allied with tributary states of the Incas. The same happened with the Aztecs and Maya. Also, it didn't happen overnight. Spain did send reinforcements.
>>
>>437362
mercenaries
also the incan empire was already in decline
>>
>>439975
OKAY THANKS FOR THE INFO
>>
>>437362
LITTERALLY read guns germs and steel
also
>>437413
>>
>>439544

Neither was Pizarro. He was a Jew. That's the only explanation for how duplicitous he was and how much he fetishize gold.
>>
>>440151
>He was a Jew. That's the only explanation for how duplicitous he was and how much he fetishize gold.

Yep, the only explanation. There aren't any other. Congrats, you solved history.
>>
>>437413
That sounds an awful lot like how the Aztec/Mexica empire went down. Everyone hated them and outsiders coming in made the house of cards fall down
>>
>>437362
Most of them were unarmed.
>>
>>437362
>>440213
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cajamarca
>>
>>439975
fuck off idiot schizo
>>
The Incas made the mistake of thinking the Spaniards were honorable. They were very surprised when they paid the ransom to Pizzarro and he killed Athahualpa anyways. The Spaniards were just heartless. Quite sad really, how obsessed they were with gold..
>>
>>440255
Jeez I wonder why a poor son of a pigherder is obsessed with gold unlike an absolute god-king
>>
>>440271

I imagine he had some Jewish blood.
>>
>>440205
Cortes' conquest actually served as a blue print how to do it for Pizarro.
>>
>>437362
Small pox
>>
File: 1414616913253.gif (2 MB, 290x436) Image search: [Google]
1414616913253.gif
2 MB, 290x436
>tfw no mulatta gf
>>
>>437362
Because the 200 Spaniards who arrived did not conquer them alone, i mean the conquest of the Tawantinsuyo took many years, in which reinforcements arrived from Panama, they came not only spanish conquistadors but also a fuck load of central american warriors and african slaves.
Also they allied with native groups hostile to the incas since the very beginning.
>>
>>437362
>>437413
Honestly, it wasn't until the mid 19th century that keeping colonies and fighting colonial wars became 'easy'. That's often forgotten because of how most pre-college history is taught.

>Found a colony.
>Learn the lay of the land, what crops are suitable for the climate, and what the political situation in the area is.
>Colonists keep getting killed by natives and disease.
>Colonies keep getting raided by pirates and rival navies.
>It's hard to find colonists because everyone know going to a colony is close to a death sentence. Some of the only people you can find are religious fanatics, criminals, and exiles.
>Finally stabilize after years, maybe decades, only now inefficient communication and nativising has lead the colonists to want more autonomy.
>>
They were vicious.
>>
>>439972
>the Maya

no
>>
>>437362
DEUS VULT
>>
>>437362
b-bori chan??
>>
Disease cut both ways too, like interine fights the conquistadores lost more men to disease, other spaniards or famine than to native warriors.
>>
>>440255
>muh leyenda negra

When will this protestant meme end?
>>
>>437362
She's so cute... Almost too cute for that sort of picture, although it makes sense, I'd be jealous too.
>>
>>439544
>i'll just go ahead and be retarded
>>
File: based pizarro.png (39 KB, 567x308) Image search: [Google]
based pizarro.png
39 KB, 567x308
>>440841
>>
Muh six billion native allies
>>
>>439544
>spaniards
>white

Ayy L.M.A.O.
>>
>>440841
current gf looks like this. She's full Indian (from India) but grew up in Costa Rica. It's the best of two brown types of people.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.