[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think he had any painkillers in his system when he did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: bbq.jpg (940 KB, 1500x973) Image search: [Google]
bbq.jpg
940 KB, 1500x973
Do you think he had any painkillers in his system when he did this? No way anyone can stay calm getting burnt alive through sheer will.
>>
its happened numerous times and even on video dude just look on liveleak or something im too lazy to look for you also I dont think the narcotics exist that would make you not feel being on actual real life burning fire
>>
>>436867
Pain is actually a choice, which is something most people never realize. But if you DO realize it, and you exercise your mind to accept that reality, you can learn how to simply ignore pain signals and how to partition them within your mind.

Buddhist meditation has elements of this, though it's not limited to Buddhism or even meditation at all; it's more of a process of exerting control over one's nervous system, which can be done in a variety of ways.
>>
Fuckers can slow their heart to a few beats a minute, not too much a stretch to imagine they can master physical response to pain
>>
>>436890
>on actual real life burning fire
>>
>>436895
This.

I'm no fucking monk, but i've fractured my leg (and my foot) on separate occasions and chosen to ignore it.
>>
>>436895
I know it's possible, but it's not really paranormal or anything. It just takes a fuckton of will power.

Still, it's not smart to abandon pain. I'd rather take my hand away from a hot pan than hold it as it burns off my skin.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zarmanochegas

Buddhists have mastered it.
>>
>>436973
It's more about knowing the trick than having a lot of will power. Pain is meant to make you avoid damage. With that in mind, you can ignore it if you know you will either not sustain damage, or if you don't care about sustaining damage.
>>
>>436982
Phyrro and others have tried emulating it and even had similar concepts.
>>
File: 1420983966763.jpg (171 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1420983966763.jpg
171 KB, 800x533
>>436895
That's true, pain is a choice.

That's why torture doesn't exist and has never been used before to extract information from anyone.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.