[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Make a somewhat believable alternate history where your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 35
File: download (4).jpg (10 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10 KB, 273x184
ITT: Make a somewhat believable alternate history where your home country dominates as much of the world as it could possibly do
>>
I don't need to B)
>>
>>435651

Juan, Prince of Asturias, does not die during his teens.
>>
File: Scale.jpg (71 KB, 610x301) Image search: [Google]
Scale.jpg
71 KB, 610x301
>>435651
Harald Hardade wins at Stamford Bridge and seize England before the Normans.
Pretty much the ONE shot at power we had.
>>
File: Empire-Roman-Emperor-Charles-V.jpg (267 KB, 665x458) Image search: [Google]
Empire-Roman-Emperor-Charles-V.jpg
267 KB, 665x458
>>435677
But then Charles V wouldn't have inherited the throne.
>>
>>435651
William Pitt is never elected Prime Minister/The Liberals take power of England circa 1790
>>
>>435669
This one
>>
File: GROSSSCHWEDEN.jpg (139 KB, 1022x842) Image search: [Google]
GROSSSCHWEDEN.jpg
139 KB, 1022x842
>Gustav Adolf II annexes all of Denmark
>Following kings conquer the rest of the North
>Karl XII and friends win Great Northern War
>Conquer the rest of Russia
>>
Don't even have to
>>
Defence Scheme No. 1 comes into affect and the Canadians are allowed to, by Britain, annex parts of the northern United States, and then Canada revolts against the Brits.
>>
File: 1368691261272[1].jpg (2 MB, 2907x1354) Image search: [Google]
1368691261272[1].jpg
2 MB, 2907x1354
to be honest, we've had so many opportunities for world domination that it amazes me everyday that we managed to fuck up badly enough to end up like this. I'd say the main two are:

do something about the American colonists in the 15 years leading up to the revolution

don't get involved in WW1 and let Germany, France and Russia cripple themselves
>>
File: 1439581106086.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439581106086.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>435878
>Not one single civillized colony
Like bragging over beating a cripple in a fight desu
>>
>>435821
While (specially early) Habsburg rule is the golden age for Spain, during that time being part of the Habsburg dynasty was bad for Spain. Everything would have been better without the dutch constant arsepain and the emperor dragging Spain into constant religion wars.
>>
>>435831
>Charles XII doesn't match his troops into russia and fucking everything up at Poltava. Instead he let's them come to him in Ingria or Estonia, where he can fight them with an army twice as big as what he had in Poltava
>>
>>435852
Britain has never invaded Slovenia, not the modern state nor any of its predecessors.
>>
Spain

If not this >>435677, Richelieu is never born (or he is just out of game for whatever reason) and France continues to be an unstable shithole who cannot pay protestant mercenary kings to transform czech rebellions into 30 years wars that destroy Habsburg Hegemony on the continent.
>>
>>435891
>implying the rest of Europe just let us take all that land
>>
>Pedro II turns out to be an enthusiastic supporter of imperial institutions
>finds out from Deodoro about the attempt to depose him, uses it as pretext to cull the republicans and break the spine of regional interests,
>him and his successors continue to enact policies of industrialization and settlement of the inland territories akin to the US, reducing the country's reliance on coffee exports and culling the influence of landholders as well
>transition from a monarchy to a republic might or might not happen, but it must happen with popular support rather than as a stroke of luck of a fringe political group.
>the entirety of South America becomes a sphere of influence of the industrialized Brazilian Empire/Republic, perhaps a war with Portugal to grab a couple colonies
>Cold War happens, Brazil has enough influence south of Mexico to stop the entire continent from being a CIA whorehouse.
>profit from the world wars the same way the americans did
>we major power now
>>
>>435878
the british empire never looked like this desu, the french, new world, and south east asian holdings didnt exsist at the same time
>>
>>435891
>What is Canada
>What is 13 colonies
>What is Australia
>What is New Zealand
>What is South Africa
>What is Cyprus
>What is Malta
>What is Iceland
>>
>>436076
This looks really, really retarded
>>
>>436141
>Indians, Abos, Niggers, Three tiny-ass islands
Impressive
>>
>>436156
Well yeah, but I felt like I needed a picture. Truth be told there are occasional threads that are about nothing but typing Greater [Blank] Empire on Google and seeing what prussianink had come up with
>>
>>436076
I'm not sure that brits and later americans would've allowed such a powerhouse to exist in the eastern hemisphere.
>>
>>436242
western*
>>
File: 2757 AUC.jpg (115 KB, 720x441) Image search: [Google]
2757 AUC.jpg
115 KB, 720x441
>>435651
>>
>>436242
It's basically a mirror version of what happened to the US. I'm sure that, given the choice, no european power would wish for the existence of such a major regional player in North America either [hello Spain], but circumstances dictated that they had more important/profitable/urgent matters to deal with than whatever a bunch of breakaway settlers might be doing across the sea.

As for US involvement, I was under the impression that it has always seen the Caribbean as its immediate sphere of Influence. Continental South Smerica seems to be sufficiently distant that an emerging power there wouldn't be sufficiently bothersome until it could project power far enough to reach beyond the Panama Channel.
>>
>>436076
You should use the empire flag though.
>>
I'm from Slovenia, and I know there's loads of people from Slovenia on /his/, so i'm leaving them the task to make a believable alternate history where we'd control most of the world.
Maybe if most of the world would be wiped out or something.
>>
>Netherlands
Uhhh... It's amazing enough that we survived for as long as we did desu... Considering France, Germany, Britain, Spain, and Austria...

Lets start off with the Amsterdam nobility being less of the crypto kikes that they are and allow Maurice to take Antwerp aswel.

Say the Dutch-Portuguese is much more of a victory on our side - and not simply trading colonies in Africa, Americas, and Asia - we could end up with a Dutch Brazil (New Holland, not the Australian one, but the West Indies one), and a complete displacement off the Portuguese in Africa (Angola, Mozambique, several more bits) and India.

Tulipomania doesn't happen.

Rampjaar doesn't go through (in spite it prompting the Stadtholder considering the Glorious Revolution invitation/invastion).

Britain is still invaded and William III becomes both King of the United Kingdom and Stadtholder of the United Netherlands.

The American War of Independence because well, you know, magic I guess. Oh, and probably because the New Netherlands wouldn't get absorbed.

The French Revolution/Napoleon doesn't happen or happens in such a way that the Continental Netherlands end up with the Austrian Netherlands.

This increase in continental possessions prompts the House of Orange-Nassau to be declared Kings of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and the Netherlands.

The World is now an Anglo-Dutch playground.

Cont.
>>
>>436394
So in summary; the Anglo-Dutch Empire now owns;
>Most of North America (No American Revolution, Canada loyal to the crown, Alaska purchased/conquered, Louisiana territory either annexed or partitioned).
>Pretty much the entire Caribbean (depends on how hard France is going to get dicked)
>Same with the Guyanas (depends on how hard France is dicked)
>Brazil is either fully Dutch or at least the North.
>Parts of America's Southern Cone is now Dutch aswel (being discovered by the Dutch)
>Africa - save the Northern bits - are fucked aswel because; no Boer wars, Portuguese Africa is Dutch already, South Africa is also already theirs, and it's only a matter off time like in our timeline that the rest would get colonized.
>Middle East depends on something fucky going on like WWII but this is highly doubtful (Ottomans would probably still be around. We never really had any issue with them "Rather Turkish than Papal" ayy).
>Australia and New Zealand are Anglo-Dutch.
>Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, East Timor, Papua New Guinea are also ours.
>India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar/Burma are part of a Greater Raj (with Russia losing the Great Game ever harder allowing for Central Asia do be swallowed).
>Hong Kong and Macau are Dutch.
>Korea is ours because of several reasons; first Westerner to ever set foot in Korea was Dutch, first guy to write about it was a Dutchman that escaped. Now imagine the Anglo-Dutch taking that as an insult and invading Korea, lmao.
>Japan (or at least the Southern Islands) are Dutch because of Ranguku (Western Learning) with Dejima (artificial trade island only the Dutch were allowed to trade on, as they were the only Westerners the Japs wanted to trade with until America ruined everyone's party).
>Because of the WWII of this timeline Norway still offers to join the Commonwealth and gets accepted (they were only rejected because the Commonwealth didn't want 2 Royals as HoS).
>>
>>435651
Ottokar II of Bohemia became emperor of HRE instead of Rudolf of Habsburg
>tfw so fucking close
>>
File: 2kopzb.png (123 KB, 1204x650) Image search: [Google]
2kopzb.png
123 KB, 1204x650
>>435651
Imagine the Years Of Salt And Rice expect the Manchu Qing does not replace the Ming and we live forever under the sun of the glorious Ming empire.

And none of that gay SJW shit.

There ya go.
>>
Pretty easy, Napoleon conquers Britain, and Europe becomes a confederation of nation-states under French domination.

Alternatively, the Hundred Years War is quickly resolved one way or the other, and France never ceases to dominate the West in the first place:
>the Papacy remains in Avignon and the Catholic Church remains subservient to French royal power
>the Renaissance of art happens centered on Avignon
>anti-Gothic Humanism never happens and science continues to advance at the University of Paris, the Scientific Revolution begins 300 years earlier
>the Church never becomes corrupt, the Reformation never happens or is quickly dealt with just like all heresies, no religious wars and Christendom remains united
>basically history skips straight to the 17th century, except with a much more united Catholic West and even greater French power
>by the 1700s we're exploring space for the glory of God and King
>>
File: La_fallera_de_l'oncle_Sam.jpg (288 KB, 1024x877) Image search: [Google]
La_fallera_de_l'oncle_Sam.jpg
288 KB, 1024x877
>>436314
>hello Spain

Spain didn't try to stop shit, the USA was the aggressor all the time.
>>
>>436624
Never said that wasn't the case Anon, it was just an example of someone who wouldn't want there to be a strong country right at the doorstop of one of your major colonial possessions
>>
>>435852

when did the Brits invade Uzbekistan?
>>
Manifest Destiny never ends.
>>
>>435651

The White Ship doesn't sink, and the Angevins manage to unify Britain and France.
>>
>>437117

The named white countries are the ones we DIDN'T invade. Although saying we "invaded" the Russian Empire is a stretch, Crimea was always a limited theatre.
>>
>>437141

when did the Brits invade Kazakhstan?
>>
>>437146

I just told you, Crimean War. Khazakhstan was part of Russia at the time.
>>
File: world20mapStateless.png (60 KB, 1302x1021) Image search: [Google]
world20mapStateless.png
60 KB, 1302x1021
>>435651
Made this a while back just for fun. Guess which state I'm from.
>>
>>437151
When? Were you using Win3.1? Gosh
>>
>>436161
>clearly doesn't know about strength of Mughal Empire
>clearly doesn't know about Arab power in the MENA region
>clearly doesn't know how difficult it is to set up colonies in a place as inhospitable in Australia

You 'Muricans had literally everything served up to you on a plate by the Brits. Even your culture is either British or imported from slaves and Mexicans originally planned by Brits to enter the US.
>>
>>437161
Nm. I'm sorry. using a crappy phone. I just realized a good amount of images look like .bmp images on here.
>>
AUSTRALIA WORLD DOMINATION PLAN

>Islamisation of Australia around the time Indonesia was converted
>New Caliph emerges from Great Sandy Desert
>Unifies Abos under the banner of the Sandian Caliphate
>Takes over Asia-Pacific
>>
>>436435
It amazes me that there were never any real intrigues with HRE elections.
>>
>>437151

OR or WA
>>
>>437204

Not enough Italian cities in the Empire for REAL intrigue.
>>
>>435651
Portugal

For some reason the crown decides to invest the money made from feitorias all over the globe, Brasil and African colonies in a mammoth effort to colonize North America, Austral Africa, and Australia before the other European powers have a chance at figuring out what was happaning (keep in mind a small sugar-colony in the Caribbean was more valuable back then than tens of thousands of square kilometers of land in NA) instead of making solid gold latrines.

Then at a later point united the New World.
>>
File: republic of texas.jpg (39 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
republic of texas.jpg
39 KB, 300x429
>>435651
>Texas military uses witty tactics to make Mexico think it will be attacked in New Mexico
>instead Texas pushes south of the Rio Grande and annexes coastline
>the ideas of Republicanism are spread to the Mexican populace, as Texas uses propaganda to be seen as liberators
>Texas reinstitutes its revolution into Mexico, appealing to peasants
>while the Mexican army is fighting rebellions, the Texan army pushes south
>a dual Mexican-Texan army takes Mexico City
>Sam Houston declares himself emperor; the Texan Empire is established
>various military expeditions are made to conquer New Mexico, California, and the rest of the former Mexican Empire
>Sam Houston establishes alliance with UK, France, and then president James Polk
>20 years later, Civil War starts (though California isn't an American state)
>Texas declares neutrality, while allowing goods to be smuggled to the CSA while trading with the US
>later years in the war when CSA is weakened, invade and take Louisiana, Arkansas, and stop at Vicksburg
>assume control of most of the Gulf coast
>as the US antagonizes Texas, Southerners become more supportive of a new US enemy
>Texas, with actual foreign support and plenty of Mexican reserves, restarts the Civl War
>DC is taken, Lincoln assassinated, Union in shambles
>Texas forcefully spreads the ideas of Texan Republicanism to the rest of the US, like Napoleon
>>
>>435669
>>435852
>>435878
this
>>
>>437225
The problem with this is it ignores Texas' chronic manpower and money shortages. The only reason they won their revolution is because Santa Anna fucked up at San Jacinto and completely underestimated the Texan commanders. Had he not been captured, had he not been in command, had he not even been in Texas himself but sent a general or two to do everything the Texas revolution would have been won by Mexico eventually and any impartial view of the conflict would confirm this.

You are now advocating they invade Mexico and restart the conflict every Texan leader thanked god for providing the miracle they needed to end it favourably. In short:
>Make a somewhat believable alternate history
>somewhat believable

I don't think yours is, there is simply no scenario in which the Republic of Texas is either re-absorbed by Mexico, annexed by the US or kept as a poor and very exploited buffer state by both larger nations.
>>
>>437246
>Texas reinstitutes its revolution into Mexico, appealing to peasants
>appealing to peasants

Missed that did you?
>>
>Dutch immediately colonise Australia in the 1600's at Ord River
>by the middle of the 1700's the Kimberly's are surveyed and the iron ore is found
>Australian mining boom coincides with the Industrial revolution
>Dutch Australians decide to revolt against the Dutch Crown
>Dutch East Indies and VOC are taken by force by the Australians
>Australians begin to populate the east coast of Australia with British convicts
>Scramble for Africa is won by Australia, which took the entire east coast including the length of the Nile and Lake Victoria

>By 1900 Australia is a major global power and naval power in the pacific, rivaling the US
>WW1 happens, Australia isn't drawn into the European war. Takes in thousands of European refugees
>WW2 Happens, Australia is the dominate force in the Pacific and Pearl Harbour is an Australia possession
>Japan and Australia fight out the Pacific war with Australia winning
>By 1950 Australia is in control of most of Africa, SEA, Japan and Korea
>>
>>437254
Why would the peasants of Mexico side with the Texans? They don't even speak the same language. The Texas revolution and Santa Anna's handling of it made sure he was quickly deposed and replaced by a democratic republic. That republics refusal to ratify Santa Annas decision and terms with the Texans after his defeat at San Jacinto is the entire reason the Mexican-American war even happened.

So what the fuck could the Texans hold over the Mexican peasants head that would make them want to rebel against their elected government? "White people are good and it's their right to enslave all the non-whites"? I don't think that'll sell well to a bunch of indian and half-indian peasants.
>>
>>435651

>Mexico

fuck you, anon
>>
>>437254

>mexican peasants

>ever fucking supporting the Texan slavers

Mexicans were one of the most anti-slavery country, from the XVI century.
>>
>>437225
>>437225
I fucking hate Texas shitposters
>>
>>435651
>Britain and France crush Russia in Crimean War
>Treaty cedes Russian North America to Britain
>Denmark openly joins Axis due to fascists/Nazis taking power
>Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland seized by UK after WWII, Greenland folded into Canada
>Agree to annex Jamaica and Turks & Caicos in decolonization period
>>
>>435878
>don't get involved in WW1 and let Germany, France and Russia cripple themselves
I don't think we really had a choice. If we had kept out of the great war, the jerries might well have won and started to dominate the continent which would've been bound to come back and bite the empire in the ass. If only the great war could've been prevented altogether... It senselessly exhausted all sides of the conflict and heralded the end of european supremacy, no going back once it went down.
>>
>>436252
"somewhat believable"
>>
File: i'm ok with this.png (16 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
i'm ok with this.png
16 KB, 379x214
>>436076
>>
>>436076
>somewhat believable
>>
>>435878
Seriously though all you had to do was give Americans adequate representation in your government and not tax them like second class citizens.

That is pretty much all you had to do and 100 years later Britain probably would have had control of 30-40% of the worlds land mass.
>>
File: 1450542644896.jpg (32 KB, 533x414) Image search: [Google]
1450542644896.jpg
32 KB, 533x414
>>435852
wew lad
>>
>>435651
Okay, I live in America but I am Venezuelan Born. I will work from what I can remember:
Jose Antonio Paez leads a Civil War in the Gran Colombia instead of seceding, and wins. Thus, Colombia is united but with a Venezuelan culture and ideals, turning modern Venezuela into the "main" area of the country, and the capital is Caracas (after a few decades, the country is renamed Venezuela to officialize this). Paez acts as a benevolent dictator in the interest of restoring order to the shattered nation, and eventually, any rebellions quiet down. After stability is accomplished, he begins to restore democracy. Venezuela maintains a strong military force for South American standards, being superior to all the other Spanish Speaking nations of the area. Being a true Democracy (because I am lazy, let us pretend voting rights and such always match the USA's in reform time) they get a good number of European Immigrants, leading to the first wave of industrialization. Factories grow, and they become the most Powerful country of the region due to their industrial capacity giving them a good GDP and because they can know maintain a modern army. The discovery of Oil, and allowing the US to build the Panama Canal in exchange for massive investments make the economy boom to the point it surpasses the USA's per capita (but it is still that of a Regional Power in the grand scheme of things). Venezuela participates on both World Wars as an Allied Power (and joins before the US in WWII to protect Britain, as they were major trade partners and because of Freedom). After the second war, Europe's destruction and Venezuela's early involvement make their economy reach unprecedented levels, and, because of cooperation with the USA, they manage to develop nuclear bombs. In the Present, they are close friends of the US, a NATO member, and they "police" Latin America to guarantee Democracy and Liberty for all nations, sometimes militarily, or through assassinations.
>>
File: confederacion.png (37 KB, 250x313) Image search: [Google]
confederacion.png
37 KB, 250x313
Bolivia

>Andres de Santa Cruz invades Peru, forms the Federacion Peru-Bolivia
>Masive mineral resources
>Actually thwarts any opposition in Lima
>Dictatorial state
>Pushes Chile back
>Tears apart the Argentine Military
>Slowly eats away at Ecuador fueling skirmishes along the border and occupying all farming lands in the north
>Looks to the east
>Begins to fund settlings in the East and get closer to east Bolivians
>Shoves back Brasilian presence in the area
>Forms a relationship of comradeship with Paraguay
>The federation consolidates it's power
>Starts moving into the jungle and high lands and displacing the indigenous, those who oppose are massacred
>Spanish mestizo culture flourishes
>Neo-Hispanic culture is born in the federation
>Becomes the sole provider of minerals for most of the western world, supplying to both sides during both world wars, full profits
>Rich in natural gas and oil
>Paraguay hasn't shrunk since it had the federation to back it up from any invasions from Brasil and Argentina
>Economic power rivaling Brasil
>Ecuador is eventually consumed
>Joins the western block during the cold war
>Erodes the influence Chile has over it's northern territory and eventually absorbs most of it
>>
>>436076
>And the world is filled with niggers who cant play games and tk a lot
>>
>>436252
If only
>>
>>436600
>The church never becomes corrupt

>Implying human nature isnt corrupted from the get go
>>
>>437812

I'm fine with this but why would Caracas be the capital when Cartagena had so much more growth and influence? I'm fine with the rest.
>>
File: looks like it started to reign.jpg (107 KB, 506x720) Image search: [Google]
looks like it started to reign.jpg
107 KB, 506x720
>>435651
Croatia
>be a great, magnificent king during our prime, the kingdom of Croatia
>reign only a couple of years before dying, like every fucking king we had
>dynastic struggle
>mfw we Magyar now
>if only Petar Krešimir IV were here
>>
>>437864
Because I dislike Colombia and I just wanted to get the capital out of there (reason being that their flag is a cheap copy of ours. Equal sized lines look better, Colombia). Since I write this story, I will justify it by saying that it was because, since Venezuela became the main culture and region after the civil war, they symbolically wanted to move the seat of government there after they renamed the country. By this time, basic rail systems existed so communications with the rest of the nation would not be as big an issue, and most people accepted it.
>>
>Dominican Republic

Hooy boy.

>1857
>Santana and Baez are killed by a northern businessman
>Caudillo with a background in business
>ally USA and France
>Long, uninterrupted rule, giving stability and economic growth
>Population booms, immigrants flock to the ports
>increase in wealth and capital flow leads to protoindustrialization and infrastructural development
>start positive feedback loop
>transition to stable leadership, preferably a democracy
>become Singapore of the Caribbean
>cuck Haitians and take back as much land as possible
>build wall
>spend 1900s peacefully developing into a banking and shipping hub for the Panama/Nicaraguan canal trade routes
>>
File: 2015-12-09_00003.jpg (227 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_00003.jpg
227 KB, 1024x768
>>435651
Already made one.

Rate my Gross Mexicums.
>>
>>435651
Hungary

>The country's leadership and the rest of the continent doesn't royally fuck up in 1526
>We win at Mohács
>We remain a strong middle-power and the Ottoman advance is halted
>From that point, it's quite impossible to say how history would have went down, but sure as hell it would have been different
>Hungary probably wouldn't be such a fucked up place today

As for Mohács, I'm not certain whether the voivode of Transylvania decided not to come to the battle on purpose or actually was just 'late'. I don't know enough of the topic to make a certain claim, but knowing the rest of my nation's history and general mentality, combined with the fact that he happened to become the king afterwards (John Szapolyai) and that he signed a contract in which he nullified his own son's claim to the throne in favour of his rival on the condition that he would remain on the throne undisturbed until his death makes me lean very much towards the former.

We Hungarians always go on about how we are the absolute victims of History who deserve greatness but everyone conspires against us all the time, but frankly, we ourselves are responsible for much of the shit that has happened to this country. We would make great buddies with Serbians.
>>
>cuban missle crisis
>nuclear apocalypse
>australia only survivor
>win by default
>>
>>437869
Sorry to tell you this, but that's just propaganda from the '90s.
>>
>Australia invades Indonesia with US backing after East Timor
>Conquers Indonesia, controls SE Asian shipping
>Indonesians at long last reduced to slave race
>Bali becomes the worldwide symbol for hedonism
>Australia rebuilds it's blue water navy
>tfw Pax Australiana
>>
>>438511
0/10 for that USA rump state in the west desu
>>
File: Dylan-Baez-Santana.jpg (2 MB, 3487x2324) Image search: [Google]
Dylan-Baez-Santana.jpg
2 MB, 3487x2324
>>438004
>Santana and Baez are killed
Don't tell me they got Dylan, too!
>>
File: Ivan_Shishman_1[1].jpg (5 KB, 144x135) Image search: [Google]
Ivan_Shishman_1[1].jpg
5 KB, 144x135
>The Second Bulgarian Kingdom

The three leaders unite instead of separating the country into states.

Perhaps then we could've helped Byzantium fight off the Ottomans...
>>
>>436076
>Brazillian Empire
>Republican Flag
Fucking hell anon.
>>
>>435878
>have colonies in nigger, sandnigger, currynigger and spicenigger land
>rule teh world :DDD
>>
No Miracles for the House of Brandenburg
Prussia is annihilated during the 7 Years War
Austria consolidates power in the HRE
Still gets bumfucked by Napoopan, but redominates the new Confederations afterwards
Greater Germany with non-German parts of the Austrian Empire as puppet states
>>
>>437268
Mexico is pretty easy desu
Either
>Aztecs realize the danger of the conquistadors and rally the region against them, wiping out the expedition and taking their tech as a look towards how to advance, bolstering their military tactics and copying their ships to be more formidable when the next group arrives
Or
>early revolution against the Spanish governors, then using what they've learned to industry up
Thought the latter option means dealing with plague as well.
>>
File: eire.jpg (532 KB, 1600x2200) Image search: [Google]
eire.jpg
532 KB, 1600x2200
>Based Brian Boru somehow convinces Ireland to unite to get rid of invaders once and for all
>I guess we become a big enough of a pain in the ass for Britain to leave us alone
>Maybe Vikingfags never get any kind of foothold here either
>Ireland stays united
>Fuck I dunno maybe in some alt-history we invade part of Scotland too I dunno

We are not an ambitious people.
>>
>>437696
>not tax them like second class citizens.
Americans were taxed considerably less than actual Brits. For all the whining about 'rights' it was the idea of paying taxes at all that irritated them.
>>
>>439069
Oh, now I just realized something.

The mountains are coincidentally the same regions with the biggest irish speaking presence left on ireland.

I didn't know those regions were mountains.
>>
File: EBIN.jpg (156 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
EBIN.jpg
156 KB, 1425x625
>Louis II of Hungary lives until 1564, yet is childless.
>So is Ferdinand I, the Holy Roman Emperor, who has been given the entire Habsburg domain by Charles V upon his abdication.
>As stated in the Vienna treaty in 1515, all of Ferdinand's titles pass to Louis.
>He dies, and ALSO CHILDLESS Sigmudus Augustus of Poland and Lithuania inherits all of his possesions.
>Czech-Polish-Hungaro-Spic-Lithuanian Commonwealth is formed
>During the Dimitriyads in 1610 King of the Commonwealth and Sweden, Sigmund Vasa gains the throne of Russia
>World breaks
>>
>>439069

From 1800 to the secession, irish people had exactly the same political rights as anyone anywhere else in the UK. From 1829 onwards catholics could vote, same as protestants.

No one would take an Australian or a Canadian seriously if they tried to imply that they had no role in ruling the British Empire, and they didn't even have political equality, so don't try to pretend that >>435878 is nothing to do with you.
>>
>>439112
I'm just reaching for something, family. I don't really see a world where Ireland expands for shit so the best I can imagine is that the people who pushed our shit in decide we're not worth the trouble and Boru seems like the best leader to let that happen. Not really realistic, but fuck I know there's not anything else we're capable of.
>>
File: beafraid.png (994 KB, 1174x956) Image search: [Google]
beafraid.png
994 KB, 1174x956
For us, there are three possible turning points imo

>1270
>Přemysl Otakar II. wins the HRE elections and his son Václav II. stabilizes the political situation
>create the Habsbourgian empire three hundred years earlier under Bohemian dynasty

>1620
>Fridrich Falcký doesn't let half the soldiers go home at White Mountain and the armies meet at full strenght.
>We win the battle
>Most of the war happens in Bohemia, with armies coming from all corners of Europe
>At the end of the war we end up independent but the land is ravaged

>1938
>Fuck you Albion
>Fuck you frogfuckers
>Fuck your Münich treaty
>While Hitler is "legaly" invading us and we are giving him a hard time (but loosing), Allies realize what a jerk he is and declare war too
>We end up not giving up faith in west and not voluntarily coming under commie rule for 60 years
>>
>New Zealand becomes an Australian state in 1901
>Australian influence continues to expand over the years, protectorates of PNG and other German colonies after WWI
>Transition into the Oceanic Commonwealth following the annexations of Fiji, Tonga, New Caledonia and East Timor
>Indonesia and other SEA nations in sphere of influence, control of various important naval ports
>Oceanic Commonwealth becomes largest naval power in the world, following Britain's footsteps

:'^)
>>
>>435800
Who's we? Are you a Jute?
>>
>>435852
Invaded =/= dominated. You got rekt as fuck by Afghanistan, got rekt by France at the end of the 100 years war, would've lost WW1 if the Americans didn't loan you shitloads of money and then begrudgingly intervene on your behalf when you and France started getting shit on one the full weight of Germany was on the western front. And now your once great empire lies in shambles while your government serves at the beck and call o the United States.
>>
>>435651

My buddy Phil already did that, he wrote a book about it, called it Man in the High Castle, the mad man.
>>
File: Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png (123 KB, 830x498) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png
123 KB, 830x498
I mean, theoretically I guess we could have fallen into the same niche that the English did if we'd managed to conquer the Saxons instead of the Normans or something, but... I don't think anybody's going to be buying it on the whole "the sun never sets on the Welsh empire."
>>
File: feels_good-rome.jpg (112 KB, 680x529) Image search: [Google]
feels_good-rome.jpg
112 KB, 680x529
>>436252
>>
File: britanniaaintfree.png (52 KB, 808x798) Image search: [Google]
britanniaaintfree.png
52 KB, 808x798
>>439202
>I mean, theoretically I guess we could have fallen into the same niche that the English did if we'd managed to conquer the Saxons instead of the Normans or something,

The best thing would probably just be stopping the Anglo-Saxon invasions all together. By 1066 a Welsh conquest of England would end up with a slightly Welshified England instead of a greater Wales, like the Normans Normanised England but the "Norman Empire" never lasted. Or see the Tudor Dynasty.
Stop the Anglo-Saxon invasions and you have the natives of sub-Roman Britain taking England's place in history.
The Danes show up later and the Britons unite against them like the English did historically. The Kingdom of the Britons could be stronger than England too, without having to deal with a Wales on its border and Scotland possibly confined above the firth of Forth
>>
>>437855
The Papacy became corrupt after it returned to Rome and became one of the rival players of Renaissance Italy trying to assert their dominance over each other.

In this reality the Papacy would have remained in France under firm French domination, there would have been no opportunity for it to get so fucked.
>>
>>437149
So was Belarus, yet they're not coloured on the map.
>>
>>436252
>home country

I seriously hope you're not an Italian trying to claim m-muh roman heritage.
>>
File: 1301526818974.jpg (123 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1301526818974.jpg
123 KB, 700x500
>>435677
>tfw Isabella de Trastamara had to deal with a metric ton of bullshit when she was just a little girl because of dynastic civil wars lasting for years
>tfw she pacified a revolting city by riding into it ALONE and convincing the revolters to calm the fuck down
>tfw she was wily and strong-willed enough to choose her own damn husband despite being a fucking girl in medieval times
>tfw she survived all that while still retaining influence as head of state despite being a fucking girl in medieval times
>tfw she finishes the Reconquista and opens fucking New World to Europe
>tfw she turns Castile/Spain into a fiscally responsible state who can actually into money for once in its entire existence, when her father was a bankrupt loser who pawned off his own real estate to stay solvent and those inbred Habsburg kings could not into inflation management
>tfw she manages all that shit yet her line is extinguished because all her children die except one who went fucking insane

She lived a hard life.
>>
File: oPUpyIO.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oPUpyIO.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>435651
In the event the Romans lose the Punic Wars so Carthage becomes the dominant power and never really takes an interest in Europe north of the Pyrenees - Ireland with it's advanced legal system and cultural tradition that developed independently of Rome continues to colonize Britain uninterrupted by Rome or German migrations the Hiberno-British lands would fill the gap in history left by the Carolingian renaissance.
>>
>>440144
>france exists without a roman empire
>papal states in rome
>>
>'Murrica takes ALL of Mexico's clay in the Mexican-American war and then segues into round three with Great Britain over Canada; later America picks up the rest the clay in the pacific that doesn't belong to the bongs

That's pretty much it desu.
>>
File: united states rightful clay.png (753 KB, 5616x2160) Image search: [Google]
united states rightful clay.png
753 KB, 5616x2160
something like this
perhaps being able to take canada during the revolutionary war or war of 1812, and then taking more territory from mexico than we did. probably join world war one earlier for a quicker allied victory and stay in the league.
idk how wed aquire australia or palestine. i just think it would be cool.
>>
Not losing the Seven Years War or the War of the Sixth Coalition (or even the Russian campaign not happening) would be a good start.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (3 KB, 139x92) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
3 KB, 139x92
>WWII
>PM Curtin successfully lobbies for the return of all Australian forces from Europe and the middle east to defend the home land against the Japanese
>Both the U.S and Germany develop the A-bomb
>its used extensively by both sides, decimating all of Europe, Russia, Japan, and the United States.
>the elite from all those nations immigrate to Australia (which now has the only fully functioning military)
>under the guise of cleaning up and containing the radioactive fallout, the crushed and fragmented former nations fall to the mighty Southern Cross
>John Howard becomes first earth emperor
>>
>>441436
>not annexing Japan in WWII
>not annexing Mexico after Scott took Mexico City
>>
>>441485
both horrible ideas
>>
>The entire Cantonese population of China move to British Columbia
>All of the Sikhs in the world move to Southern Ontario
>Albertan oil actually becomes a realistic tool for power projection
>Newfie oil too, why not

>Jack Layton comes back from the dead and leads mega-Canada on an unholy crusade against the living

That's the only foreseeable way I could ever see that happening.
>>
>>437166
>mughal empire
>brits
>>/int/
>>
>>435831
>2005 Somalian immigrants arrive, the flood never stops
>2015 95% of Swedes practice cuckolding with the new african men
>2030 90% of all newborn Swedes are of at least partial Somalian heritage
>2050 Somalia claims Sweden as a province and begins the invasion of the rest of Europe
>>
>>440176
The EUIV autism isn't part of my story, I just couldn't find any better maps of grossirelandiums.
>>
>1900 most countries possess toilets, especially the West, the have forgotten the ancient art of poo warfare
>1905 the war begins, Europe is overwhelmed by Indian Poo Grenadiers
>1910 the war in Europe is over, their secret weapon, toilet witches, have failed, shit flows in the new Designated Shitting Country
>>
File: 1448890923808.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1448890923808.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>436076
>Not including the Atacama border that Chile took from Bolivia for maximum continental domination
>>
File: 7-elagabalus.jpg (66 KB, 600x787) Image search: [Google]
7-elagabalus.jpg
66 KB, 600x787
>>441683
oh, believe it or not, but I browse /gsg/ and this thread at the same time and didnt even realize that I was on /his/ when I posted that.
>>
>>435651
Burgerland
Where America goes even more batshit imperialist manifest destiny during the 1800s and goes on to fight a long bloody war to dominate all of the continent, followed by going on an island taking spree.
>>
>>437246
Texas could have done fairly well for itself if it had been able to secure financial support from a great power. Its population grew exponentially up through the reconstruction era, so if it held out long enough it would have had enough people eventually to stand on its own. it would remain quite poor until the discovery of oil, at which point it would become the saudi arabia of north america. as an independent country it could have made even more money selling its energy to other americans than it did historically, and historically it made and continues to make a killing

i dont see it ever conquering anything though and probably would have had to give up its claims to new mexico and the rio grande valley early on. the technology that made it possible to settle the western half of the state didnt exist until the 1870s and its only hope of holding on to its western half was the fact that nobody else could plant large numbers of people there to hold it either
>>
>New Zealand
>GB gives us Norfolk Island and a couple more polynesian Islands
There. That's the most we could dominate the world.
And I'm ok with that. Hopefully the terrorists don't notice we exist.
>>
>>442039
Reckon we could have potentially spread into Solomon Islands, New Caledonia etc?
>>
>>442114
Maybe even New Britain/New Ireland.
>>
Ok.

Hitles does not hate jews as much. Juden scientists and shit keep supporting the Reich. Italy remains neutral during the war, a la Franco, and Mussolini realizes Italian military tech is sub par and starts researching and shit.
After the war A LOT of german scientists and shit fled to Italy, in this scenario there's no operation Odessa and virtually all german military scientists move to Italy.

Italy gets the Nuke and the dankest military ever. Some pact or close alliance with Franco + Moortgal + Greece = NEW ROMAN EMPIRE.

The end.
>>
>>439176
Norwegian I assume.
>>
>>438737
What is just propaganda? I'm pretty sure no one tried to falsify the number of years each of our known kings reigned. Also note that I never said the kingdom of Croatia was powerful - it was a regional power at best.
>>
>>440104
You mad, cuck?
>>
File: 5368856_orig.jpg (375 KB, 1088x800) Image search: [Google]
5368856_orig.jpg
375 KB, 1088x800
"possibly" and "believable" is somewhat pushing it
but through alien space bat magic otokar ii keeps his southern realms, and through even more magic the crown adds and retains the lands from under charles iv
>>
> Christian II gets eaten by a pack of wild boars in his infancy
> A proper king that doesn't fuck up our glorious Kalmar Union comes instead
> Danish naval prowess and Swedish land prowess united
> Western Russia is claimed before they are united
> North German city states are rekt by an alliance with France
> Alliance with France reks England, we colonial empire now
> Feeble Pollacks can do nothing but kneel
> Dominum Mare Balticum
> Split colonial empires with France
>>
>>437696

That was the excuse, but Americans didn't want to be part of the British empire at all. They were way too far away to support America in the first place, and many Americans didn't want to become Britain 2.0.
>>
>>435651
>alternatehistoryforants.jpg
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.