[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any truth to the theory about Freemasons being the Knights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6
File: knights-templar.jpg (64 KB, 645x403) Image search: [Google]
knights-templar.jpg
64 KB, 645x403
Is there any truth to the theory about Freemasons being the Knights Templar?
>>
this shit is bad history how old are you?

serious question
>>
>>435371
>Is there any truth to the theory about Freemasons being the Knights Templar?
Templars were devote catholics, zealots of christian faith. Freemasons were the forebears of anti-religious thought and atheism in Europe.
>>
>>435382
>Templars were devote catholics, zealots of christian faith.
What makes you think that?

You realise they were sentenced to death for heresy and various Oriental satanic shit, right? Sounds like Freemasons to me.
>>
>>435397
They were sentenced to death by a French King who needed their sweet money so that he could continue his building of a large, centralized state.
>>
>>435938
So? How does that make them devout Catholics?
>>
>>435397
Because some frog wanted to take their shit and pressure the Pope to put the screws to them.

It was easy to weave the conspiracy theory around them because they were the jews/suits of their time.
>>
>>435944
They protected pilgrims on their way to the Holy Land. And they helped take the Holy Land for Christendom as well as keep it safe after, for all people of God.
>>
>>435382
except the masons have belief in a God as a requirement to enter.
>>
>>435971
>>to the Holy Land
Mother Europe should be the Holy Land.
>>
>>435371
probably
freemasonry is old as fuck tho
>>
>>435397
>What makes you think that?

Gee I don't know maybe the fact that they ran off to a foreign land and risked their lives all for the sake of protecting Christian pilgrims? Their massive wealth and power came later.

>You realise they were sentenced to death for heresy and various Oriental satanic shit, right? Sounds like Freemasons to me.

>The current position of the Roman Catholic Church is that the medieval persecution of the Knights Templar was unjust, that nothing was inherently wrong with the Order or its Rule, and that Pope Clement was pressed into his actions by the magnitude of the public scandal and by the dominating influence of King Philip IV, who was Clement's relative.[53][54]
>>
>>435962
See >>435944

The fact is there were rumours about a lot of them following Cathar type beliefs and rituals.
>>
>>435971
So? They got extremely rich and powerful in the process.
>>
>>435979
Deistic, not theistic. Anon did say they were forebears, not that they were atheists themselves.
>>
>>435982
Probably not older than the eradication of the Templars, which was in 1315.
>>
>>435994
>good deeds don't count if you get rich after the fact

That's fucking stupid
>>
>>435984
>they ran off to a foreign land and risked their lives all for the sake of protecting Christian pilgrims

No, they were founded in Jerusalem after the First Crusade.
>>
>>435994
And?

Was the Catholic Church not Catholic because it was so politically and economically affluent?
>>
>>436006
Count what? What the fuck are you talking about?

The point is nothing they did requires for them to be devout Catholics or "Christian zealots" or makes it impossible for them to have evolved into the Freemasons.
>>
>>436007
>French guys go to Jerusalem and offer their services to the King to protect pilgrims

I'm not seeing any important differences senpai
>>
>>436009
>>436021
For fuck's sake you fucking autists.

The People's Republic of China was a communist state just 50 years ago, and now it's brutal state capitalism. Shit changes.
>>
>>436016
>joining a monastic order and leaving your homeland to protect pilgrims doesn't make you devout

Okay, what the fuck counts as a devout Catholic in your eyes then?
>>
>>436033
>changing enough to start believing in literal demons
>>
>>436035
How naive can you get? The Templars became a politically highly powerful and extremely wealthy organisation very quickly.
>>
>>435371
I guess they kind of have similarities but you'd have to be pushing it to connect them, although we do know that some templars managed to escape to England.
Plus, Jahbulon and Baphomet do look pretty similar
>>
>>436045
What are you talking about? Who believed in demons? Templars? Freemasons? Catholics? So?
>>
>>436058
The church accused them of worshiping a daemon and engaging in voluntarily sodomy.
My point is that the charges levied against them were bullshit, and they were just proto bankers
>>
All the surviving Knights Templar members went to Spain to fight the Reconquista, Switzerland to help liberate them from Austrians, or Scotland.
>>
>>435371
No.

Templars were eradicated everywhere except in Portugal, where they formed a new religious order. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Christ_%28Portugal%29 In Portugal
>>
>>436064
I'm still not seeing anything that would contradict them turning into the Freemasons.
>>
>>436081
Burden of proof is on you, friend
>>
>>436081
The guys who became the Freemasons were high-end stonemasons, retard.
>>
>>436048
So? Why would non-believers or a cynics risk their lives on a crusade in the first place? Sure they got backing pretty quick but the banking and shit came later. Unless you really believe they went to Holy Land to build banks and that was the real goal along I can't see how they weren't devout. Of course they only survived because of continued backing by the Church. People who were backed by the Church and carried out the Church's orders secretly hated the Church? I dunno man.
>>
>>436071
>Scotland
Which is where the Masons were founded.
>>
>>436084
I'm not trying to prove anything, I only ask a question. I just don't see "Templars were Christian and Freemasons aren't" as a valid argument.

>>436086
So?
>>
>>436104
The Freemasons believed themselves descended from the Apollonian architects that they believed had constructed the great wonders of the ancient world, (and by the crazier members) even Atlantis.
Templars, on the other hand, believed themselves to be a Christian order that defended pilgrims, and later engaged in banking.
That's a pretty wide leap for the Templars to take
>>
>>436122
Sorry, that should be Dionysian architects, but the point still stands
>>
>Illuminati
>Freemasons
>Jesuits
>Luciferians
>Talmudists
>Kabbalists
>Rosicrucians
and all other occult societies worship Satan.

The Roman Catholic church is the Whore of Babylon, and popes are antichrists.

The Papacy has persecuted and killed millions of Bible-believing Christians.
>>
>>436016

>Going to war on the other side of the known world because the Pope asked you to and then staying there to protect Catholic pilgrims doesn't make you a devout Catholic
>>
>>436157
You think everyone who works for Blackwater is a fanatical American patriot?
>>
Yes.

Anyone who does not realize by now that the Vatican is the Antichrist church is retarded.

Thank God for the Reformation and the revival of Biblical Christianity.
>>
>>436189

>don't worship an organization (the church) or a person (the pope)

>worship a book instead
>>
>>436174

Considering the overwhelming majority of them are ex US Special Forces, yes, probably.
>>
>>436174
>comparing an order of monks funded by the church to defend pilgrims during a holy to largely private organization fighting in a war that is already questionable, and on top of that an organization know to commit what basically boils down to war crimes

>but they both made money!

How far are you going to stretch this shit?
>>
>>436174
you didn't choice a knightly order to make that moolah, you joined it because you thought you were fighting the good fight.
Although they had lots of gold, they were pretty humble
>>
>>436195
We worship God and Jesus Christ.

Catholics are the Pharisees of Christendom.
>muh traditions
>muh rituals

You worship the pagan fertility goddess Semiramis/Isis in the form of "Mary".
>>
>>436195
>don't worship an organization (the church)

>worship a compilation assembled by said organization

>hold it to be 100% factual even though the guys who compiled it have been telling you not to for most of the time the organization and the book have been around
>>
>>436216
>Catholics wrote the Bible
>scripture was never available before the RCC

This is what Papists actually believe.
>>
>>436216
Manuscripts were widely circulated before your useless "councils" or "canonization" you dumb catholicuck.

How do you think Christianity spread?

People already knew what was scripture.
The "canonization" simply reaffirmed what was already known.
>>
>>436220
>Catholics wrote the Bible
>what does compilation mean

>>436223
>>436223
Not all scripture made it into the Bible. Canonization was essentially the selection of the core tenets of the new religion.
>>
>>436253
>what is the Textus Receptus

Christians knew what was heresy and what was truth long before your useless councils.

Don't you have a Mary statue to worship, pagan?
>>
>>436272
>Don't you have a Mary statue to worship, pagan?
At least it's not a burnt piece of toast, fundie.
>>
>>436284
>fundie

I'm an actual born again Christian, not a lukewarm pagan "Deus Vult" role-player like you.

There are tons of books and documentaries that expose your Babylonian cult for what it is.
>>
>>436153
T. American baptist
>>
>>436293
I'm North-African, but nice try.
>>
catholics worship satan
>>
>>436016
>fighting for their religion
>not religious zealots

>The Zealots were originally a political movement in 1st century Second Temple Judaism which sought to incite the people of Judaea Province to rebel against the Roman Empire and expel it from the Holy Land by force of arms.

Are you an imbecile, there is not a more to the point description of Templars than that of devout Christian Zealots.

>The denomination with the longest history of objection to Freemasonry is the Roman Catholic Church. The objections raised by the Roman Catholic Church are based on the allegation that Masonry teaches a naturalistic deistic religion which is in conflict with Church doctrine. A number of Papal pronouncements have been issued against Freemasonry.

Freemasons were the diagonal opposite of that.
>>
This is why this board is such shit. Showing off how much better a Christian you are isn't history or humanities.
>>
>>436301
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of Catholics who do genuinely love the Lord and are saved.

But yeah, as for the organized religion/institution, it's aimed at Baal/sun god worship.

Popes wear identical fish hats to what the ancient Babylonians wore.
>>
>>436324
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

>religion

The only thing that doesn't belong here is literature.
>>
>>436288
I'm actually atheist.

Are you American?
>>
File: jesus_painting_1024x768.jpg (651 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jesus_painting_1024x768.jpg
651 KB, 1024x768
>>436288
>actual born again Christian

I doubt Jesus spread his word through butthurt banter. Stay with islam, mahmud.
>>
>>436352
>I'm actually atheist

So you chose to side with Satan, got it.
>>
File: B1JwVFNCEAAOglL.jpg (95 KB, 599x607) Image search: [Google]
B1JwVFNCEAAOglL.jpg
95 KB, 599x607
>>436361
>catholics
>not satanists

the shit is too obvious you boymolesting fuck and now with the new fag pope franco you are finally going to achieve the new sodom on earth
>>
>>436383
The current pope is actually a Jesuit.

It wouldn't surprise me if he drank blood from the skulls of children. Popes always look so evil.
>>
>>436383
I thought >>436361 was the "born-again" Christian calling me a satanist because I admitted I didn't keep faith.

Which posts are yours?
>>
>>436398
>I thought >>436361 was the "born-again" Christian
wasn't >>436361 a muslim?
>>
>>436408
There is a muslim?
>>
The way Freemasonry is set up is very sinister.

The lower ranks entice you and make it seem like it's just a golly ol' club for gentlemen.

In the higher degrees it starts to get spooky, with all sorts of occult rituals, secret handshakes and the worship of the "architect".

Eventually you realize the "god" you've been worshipping in Freemasonry is Satan, the fallen angel.

Freemasons/Illuminati believe that Lucifer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>436422
>God was a tyrant who kept Adam & Eve ignorant and enslaved
>Satan gave them the gift of intellect and knowledge

This is what they actually believe.

They hate the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

Their religion stems back to ancient paganism in Sumeria and Babylon, with the whole stories of Enlil, Enki and the Annunaki shit.
>>
>>436422
>This is what they actually believe.
No shit Sherlock this is what everyone that read the fucking Bible believes, because it is written in it.

And that shit ain't even original but a rewritten Prometheus myth, where a fallen God gives enlightment (fire) to the mankind thus releasing them from the sphere or mere animals. Even his fucking name is Lucifer, which literally means Lightbringer.

Christians believe the mankind should be animals without reason or will but just blind faith to the things as they ever were, faith to God. They believe if we stray from this path, we will consume ourselves, and our only salvation is going back to being animals and one with the nature or in their understanding one with God.
>>
>>436202
There is literally no difference dumbass.

>a war that is already questionable
You seriously think nothing about the Crusades was questionable?

>war crimes
Templars killed civilians and prisoners more than Blackwater has.
>>
>>436422
>>436437
And how did they come into contact with those ancient Eastern beliefs?

Because they were the Templars.
>>
>>436474
The fact many ancient cultures and civilizations speak of the same "fallen angel" story aswell as a global flood, proves the Bible is right.

If more than 1 account speak of an event, that means the event actually happened and is not made up.
>>
>>436625

At the time? No, not at all. The Crusades were so popular people sold everything they owned and bankrupted themselves to afford to get in on the action. There was even a crusade made up of children.
>>
>>436383

>Le ebin catholics molest boys may may
>implying a protestant or jewish official isn't litterally just as likely to be a pervert
>>
>>436710
And what does that have to do with anything? It just means Blackwater would have to be even more zealous.
>>
>>436740

It means that at the time, the Crusades were not questionable, everyone wanted to go, from street orphans to kings.
>>
File: Alienigena.jpg (66 KB, 472x1063) Image search: [Google]
Alienigena.jpg
66 KB, 472x1063
>>436646
ayyyyy
>>
>>436723
>Implying it's socially acceptable to complain about Protestants and Jews being immune to certain forms of criticism
>>
>>435371
No.

>>435382
>Freemasons were the forebears of anti-religious thought and atheism in Europe.
Also wrong, you fucking idiot.

>>435397
>You realise they were sentenced to death for heresy and various Oriental satanic shit, right
By the accusation of a greedy, jealous French king, y'know, the very same kind of person who'd ask for a Crusade against an obscure group of heretics (and those who live near them) so he could consolidate power within his Kingdom. It was all politics.

>>435994
They became extremely rich because they were facilitated trade and the flow of wealth throughout the European world.

>>436153
>and all other occult societies worship Satan.
Proddie/10

>>436215
>You worship the pagan fertility goddess Semiramis/Isis in the form of "Mary".
Objectively incorrect.
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 900x750
>>436762
This
>>
>>435371
No. That theory was made up by Andrew Ramsay to make himself look good, by saying he was the latest Templar Grandmaster. He fabricated a shoddy list of Grand Masters and other aspects to make the lineage seem legit, but it's full of holes, and he was just a Francophile dickhead.
But of course, some Masons at the time liked the idea, so now we have Templar degrees in Freemasonry.

>>435382
>Freemasons were the forebears of anti-religious thought and atheism in Europe.
No, the church just used that as an excuse. Freemasonry has always pushed the opposite of that.

>>436422
>>>/x/
Or better yet, >>>/library/ and actually learn about these things.
>>
>>439776
Shit bump for shit thread. I don't know how much of it is shitposting but holly hell this is something that belongs on /x/. I can't even tell how many retards there are, but I counted at least 3.
>>
>>440120
did you count yourself?
>>
>>435371
Sounds like you've been playing a bit too much Assassin's Creed, kid
>>
>>440464
Unsurprisingly, AC has the connexion even further off the mark.
>>
>>440464
Except in AC the Freemasons aren't connected to the Templars at all and are just a harmless social club.
>>
>>442453
In AC the Masons help the Assassins using their own Assassinish methods and means.
This is in 3, though, so most people try to block it out..
>>
>>435397
Phillipe Auguste had the Pope by the balls, and since he was deeply, DEEPLY in debt to Templar lenders, he figured the best way to cancel his debt was to erase the bank.

Thus heresy.
>>
>>436016
>vows of personal celibacy and poverty
>granted special dispensation from the Pope
>Could legally draft rulers into service by said dispensation
>not religious zealots
>>
>>444214
>Could legally draft rulers into service by said dispensation
They couldn't do that, though.
>>
>>435371
I have a copy of Morals and Dogma, an entry level but still technically secret Freemason book and it seems pretty unkind to the Templars.
>>
>>446356
It's not entry level. You need to have covered quite a bit before it for it to make sense.
>>
>>444189
You didn't even get the name of the king right.
>>
>>448663
He was only off by a century.
>>
>>436422
Not only this, isn't there 33 nerves or bones in the spine? Also 33 known degrees in Masonry?

Like lining up the Chakras, going up the Spine and when you are a 33rd you basically accept Lucifer in the Crown Chakras, especially considering all the oaths they make

>>436153
Under rated post, really good if any conspiracy loving Christians are on right now.

>>436056
Also under rated.

We all seen Baphomet.

Jahbulon also comes from

Jahbulon - Jehova or "Jove" (Hovah in Latin) which refers to Jupiter and Yahweh. YHWH also refers to Annunaki, YHWH to aramaic is IAUA, backwards AUAI are the vowels for Annunaki. This is the worship of Demiurge and goes to the Gnosticism and also is worship of the fallen angels in the line of Cain, the Archons, Enoch son of Cain (not Enoch seventh from Adam)... God is Spirit and isn't the deity Yahweh.

Bul - Ba'al, also important to note that bul in mayan and Phillipines means destruction, war

On - indicates Osiris
>>
>>451438
>Also 33 known degrees in Masonry?
Dude, there's like 120-150 depending on where you are.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.