[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gnostic/Mysticism general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: blakejersualempl01yale.jpg (85 KB, 468x566) Image search: [Google]
blakejersualempl01yale.jpg
85 KB, 468x566
What are your questions regarding traditions of mysticism? what are your interests?
>>
Personally, I find Sufism the best hope for those of us in the West to come to a deeper and more authentic understanding of Islam.
>>
File: 1446407261829.jpg (304 KB, 831x1111) Image search: [Google]
1446407261829.jpg
304 KB, 831x1111
How do I into Mysticism?

Are there some books I should read?

Are there any mystic practices you would suggest?
>>
Spiritism/mysticism is satanic shit.

You're delving into the occult.
>>
>>434733
has anyone ever used it to obtain wealth
>>
>>435229
>>434623
>>
>>435229
Meditation/prayer is pretty much integral to every single spirtual and religious practice so you want to hop on that.

Other than that 'mystic practices' is really vague and it depends on the tradition you adhere to.
>>
>>435229
Choose a religion
Be deep inside
>>
>>435244
It isn't really possible, mysticism is something inside you, a way of life and a kind of vision, this can't be a trade. You can try to be a guru but this is not the same thing.
>>
>>435438
this is more /x/ than /his/

hmm, surely there are tales of someone trying to invoke the spirits to get money and it backfiring and the moral of the story is don't be a greedy graham or something

what do people use mysticism for?
>>
>>435459
Mysticism is supposed to be a closer relation to God. Something like "touching" him It's beyond religion. Every mystic people in the world closely saw and felt the same thing : touching of God.
>>
>>435235
thank you for your daily fatwa.
>>
>>435235
This is how you know the poster is just repeating Sunday school-tier caricatures of mysticism.

Mysticism is union with God. It's the internal experience of God, as opposed to external and relatively shallow dogma and ritual. Anyone who thinks a personal, inner experience of the divine is somehow satanic or misguided doesn't even know what their religion is for
>>
Geometry desu
>>
>>435496
I'm Christian you retard.
>>
>>437462
Well THERE'S the problem.
>>
>>435235
So a whole chunk of Christianity is Satanism?
>>
>>439027
"Only the extremely narrow interpretation of Christianity that I personally believe in is legitimate and everything else is just Satan playing tricks."

>mfw some Christians are this dumb
>mfw I have no face
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.