[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, okay. So let me get this straight. Atheists believe god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: datum_thumb.jpg (255 KB, 404x371) Image search: [Google]
datum_thumb.jpg
255 KB, 404x371
Okay, okay. So let me get this straight. Atheists believe god doesn't exist despite there not being any evidence for his none existence? and people eat this shit up?
>>
>not being
>any evidence
>for his none existence

Now read these three again, and think really hard about how much sense they make
>>
File: Deniers.gif (192 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Deniers.gif
192 KB, 600x400
>>434518

Atheists are like global warming deniers, they will deny anything that doesn't confirm their biases.
>>
>>434525
They deny the existence of god, but bring nothing that confirms this world-view to the table. It's literally a leap of faith.
>>
>>434532

>there is a lack of evidence for something lacking

Again, think really hard
>>
>>434537
There is no lacking of God, but definitely a lack of evidence for his lacking.
>>
>>434518
Most of the atheists I know are intelligent, but when asked why they don't believe in God they say "Muh Richard Dawkins" "Muh Evolution"

Most of them read booms disclaiming God's existence, but don't read into claims of His existence. I think if they're determined to find fault with theism, they'll use anything. Including "Uh well, you know, like... Science hasn't uh, proven it and uh, yeah atoms 'n' shit"

But that's just my experience.
>>
>>434538

Is there also a lack of evidence for Allah lacking?
>>
>>434528
I've never heard any conclusive argument towards Christianity that doesn't end up with >muh morals or >you just gotta belieeeeeve man
>>
>>434547
They're both one and the same.
>>
>>434563

So Jesus wasn't actually God, but a prophet?
>>
>>434566
Nah he was the son of god.
>>
>>434570

In that case you're saying that Muhammed didn't talked to Gabriel. Do you have evidence that this event didn't take place?
>>
>>434584
I'm not familiar with the Koran. I suppose that interpretations differ from one another.
>>
>>434593

>I'm not familiar with the Koran.

Nevertheless, do you have evidence that it isn't the direct word of God?
>>
>>434599
Nope. I haven't bothered with it as I said.
>>
>>434547
Well, there's a lack of evidence for the Eifel Tower not existing. If you take religious expreience seriously, you might say the same about God.
>>
>>434603

Then I guess it's time for you to say the shahada and pray five times a day towards Mecca, isn't it?

After all, lacking proof for a negative is a completely valid reason for you to believe something to be true
>>
>>434609
Plus we do have evidence that, for example, the largest prime number does not exist, so you can't appeal to that whole 'u cant prove a negative' meme.
>>
>>434613
But I said that God exists and that there is no evidence he doesn't. Not that there's a lack of evidence that he does exist.
>>
>>434619
>But I said that God exists and that there is no evidence he doesn't.

And I said that the Koran is the direct word of God and there is no evidence that it isn't, and you agreed.

So, what will your Muslim name be? Yusuf or Ali?
>>
>>434624
There is no evidence for the lack of evidence that the koran isn't the direct word of god though, therefore I will stay safe and hold myself content with christianity.
>>
>>434624
Unless you can prove God doesn't exist you should also be picking out your Muslim name. How about Mohammad or maybe Muhammad?
>>
>>434631
>implying God and Allah aren't the same concept just filtered through different cultures and racial/ethnic dispositions anyway
>>
>>434631

There's also no evidence for the lack of evidence that god doesn't exist
>>
>>434642
Enjoy burning in hell desu.
>>
>>434642
Except for the lack of evidence
>>
>>434649

There's no evidence for that

Unless you can present some
>>
>>434654
>Provide evidence that there is no evidence.

But that's self evident senpai
>>
>>434662
No it's not. How can you prove existence isn't proof of the metaphysical? How can you prove something isn't proof, at least when we're talking God and reality?
>>
>>434556

Because you're speaking to protestant nutty
>>
>>434710
> How can you prove existence isn't proof of the metaphysical?

I'm not, I'm saying the fact that there is no proof for the lack of proof that god doesn't exist is self evident. I don't need to prove a lack of hard evidence. Hard evidence isn't metaphysical (i think).
>>
No body else post in this bait thread. /thread
>>
>>434532
So...just like religion then?
>>
>>434599
Do you have any evidence that it is?
>>
There's evidence for God. Catholic miracles, like Fatima or Sokółka. Catholicism is the true religion anons.
>>
You people are fucking pathetic. All of you.
>>
>>434777
This heathen doesn't deserve these holy trips. Why have you forsaken us Lord?
>>
>>434785
I'm God. You are simply all wrong and making me furious.
>>
>>434801
Prove it.
>>
>>434518

>Implying our minds are even capable of imagining a truly omnipotent being, nevertheless its beliefs about humanity
>>
>>434813
>mind
Stopped reading right there. There is no evidence for its existence.
>>
>>434804
I don't need to prove anything to a lesser life form questioning me. A squirrel doesn't inquire a human and why they drive cars. My existence and subsequent explanation is far too great for you to understand, you just need to acknowledge my existence through faith.
>>
>>434836
I don't need to do anything desu. Sure, you could coerce me with pain afterwards, but given the lack of evidence in the immediate situation that you are who you Are and not someone bullshitting I'll take my chances here.
>>
>>434841
There is no Hell, you will just stumble into an abyss without consciousness instead of living forever in an inmaterial form of pure bliss.
You will only be freed of the nothingness when the Universe ends and the process repeats itself.
>>
>>434869
>implying God reads Nietzsche
*dips penis*
>>
>>434518
This is shit tier bait, but what the hell.
You need to study hard and overcome the religious indoctrination of your childhood using these three diamonds.
>Occams razor
>the burden of proof
>Hitchens razor

Good luck
>>
>>434822

It's self evident.
>>
>>434876
I created him, and know everything there is to know. I decide not to intervene for your own salvation.
>>
>>434518
Honestly I can't tell if this is poorly constructed bait or OP is genuinely the result of inbreeding
>>
>>434543
The ones I've met are usually autistic and can't actually think critically and just blindly follow the science they've been indoctrinated to believe.
>>
most atheist just havent finished drinking, either because they cant or because they refuse to
>>
>>434749
Atheism is a fucking religion. People Need religions, it's a part of their psychology. They believe in nothing so fervoulsy that if we replaced "nothing" with "allah" they would fit perfectly well in saudi arabia or pakistan; and if we replaced it with "Christianity" they would be fucking cardinals of the church. (they are already virgins so they'd fit well).
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.