[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revolutions today: uncertainties and necessities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Autoblackbloc.jpg (35 KB, 384x275) Image search: [Google]
Autoblackbloc.jpg
35 KB, 384x275
I will attempt to make a thread about a major historic issue, consciously knowing that we are in 4chan, hoping to start a discussion in an international level, since we are in an international forum.
Has the western human abolished all of the values that made revolutions, such as those in Russia, Spain and even under the grip of the 2nd world regimes in Czechoslovakia and Hungary, possible? Values like solidarity, sense of duty to the next generation and decensy to fight against fear and oppression?
Is it a legitimate question to ask whether the process of a brewing uprising is positive and should be understood as preparation for a social transition or just the incarnation of the masters pitting us against one another? How can we differentiate, if so? By asking qui bono?
Should we question opinions that place a christian-inspired role of self-sacrifice to the revolutionary subject or blame the lack of action to defeatism?
>>
No, but these revolutions are part of what abolished any trace of value in the western man.
>>
File: profiles_Revolution-1264793137.jpg (12 KB, 225x268) Image search: [Google]
profiles_Revolution-1264793137.jpg
12 KB, 225x268
>>434136
I am turning the question, I suppose, towards the "subjective conditions" of history, as marxists-leninists would say.
Is the matter in the present really all about whether the proletariat wants to move on? Do you think we have reached that point?
Should we be discussing how to proceed or should we use use the tool of theory to figure out how developments will unfold? Do you even think this is a valid dillema?
Remember, one should always first seek to pose the correct questions before attempting to give answers or present views and opinions.
And that is really the point of this thread.
>>
why the need for revolution or change when everyone is comfortable with the conditions. no one cares anymore. Those who see the problems don't organize.
>>
Revolutionary solidarity is a literal meme. You've fallen for all kinds of propaganda. The working class has only ever united for better pay and shorter hours. The vast majority of people do not want to recreate society from the ground up. Revolutionary ideals are propaganda codewords.
>>
>>434136
>Has the western human abolished all of the values that made revolutions, such as those in Russia, Spain and even under the grip of the 2nd world regimes in Czechoslovakia and Hungary, possible? Values like solidarity, sense of duty to the next generation and decensy to fight against fear and oppression?

Revolutions aren't made because of values or because a group of people wants to make it because evolutionary process isn't good enough for them. It's not a date with a girl, they aren't scheduled. Hell, Russian Revolution of 1917 (differentiating between February and October is for retards) started completely spontaneously during queues for bread.

Plus nobody is saved from the backwardness of a ruling body which is unwilling to listen to the demands of the unsatisfied people. That can happen in all countries in time.

>Is it a legitimate question to ask whether the process of a brewing uprising is positive and should be understood as preparation for a social transition or just the incarnation of the masters pitting us against one another? How can we differentiate, if so? By asking qui bono?

When an uprising is brewing, you've got all kinds of shit going down. There's no doubt that someone is going to benefit from it (because someone always will, society has a lot of actors) but you can't make a fire without fuel, the situation has to have a potential conflict unraveling. Don't forget that people who spill gasoline are often the first ones who get completely destroyed by the revolution itself. I mean, how many pre-1917 Bolsheviks actually died their own deaths, for instance?
>>
>>434365
>Hell, Russian Revolution of 1917 (differentiating between February and October is for retards) started completely spontaneously during queues for bread.
I guess we should just ignore the financial transactions given to Lenin, Trotsky & Co. by Wall Street bankers?

The Russian Revolution of 1905 was organic, not the instigated violence in 1917.
>>
>>434365
>It's not a date with a girl, they aren't scheduled

that has weight.

About the brewing uprising, I asked because I read an analysis which claimed that the left calling for an international front to support the Kurds in Kobane, is the historic equivalent of the International Brigades aiding the people's forces in Spain in '36, the predecessor (according to the analysis) for the progressives to align with national armies against the 3rd Reich and for rightwingers with the fascist regimes in the outbreak of WW2.
>>
>>434398
Because Nicholas II being a pushover, war having no purpose in the eyes of general public, Petrograd being flooded with reserve soldiers trying their best not to get sent to the front and social conditions worsening constantly didn't matter at all.
>>
>>434443
I agree that World War I was one of the most pointless wars in history, and Russia's participation broke the Empires back, but Wall Street backed revolutionaries had been working for almost half a century prior to 1917.

One of them assassinated Peter Stolypin, the great reformer, in 1911 in an (successful) attempt to destroy any chance at pacifying the masses. He was their last chance. The assassin also happened to be Jewish, just like Lenin, Trotsky, Warburg and Rothschild. Interesting, that.
>>
>>434808
Did you know all the Nazis happened to be white that means that the holocaust was a grand Caucasian conspiracy to keep the Jews down.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.