[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >not worshiping Quetzalcoatl Mesoamerica thread, go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg (73 KB, 560x477) Image search: [Google]
Quetzalcoatl_telleriano.jpg
73 KB, 560x477
>2015
>not worshiping Quetzalcoatl

Mesoamerica thread, go.
>>
>>43321
>be Mayan patrician

>get raped by Aztec barbarians

Feels bad man
>>
>>43321

>flay those who insult quetzalcoatl
>and wear their flayed skins
>also eat their hearts
>heck why not do the same to our own kids

It takes a hell of a religion to make Norse gods look like a bunch of goddamn pussies but here we are
>>
>>43428

You're thinking Xipe Totec
>>
>>43465

okay wiseguy you show me a single aztec/mayan/incan/olmec/toltec/zapotec/whatever god who didn't love flaying and i'll concede the point
>>
>>43489

Quetz was supposedly "nice" according to some traditions but Aztec stuff is all over board
>>
I love the sound of Nahuatl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sll91MxNNE
>>
>>43529

"Nice" by Aztec standards just means they don't deliberately try to keep you alive as long as possible during your sacrifice.
>>
>>43557
Damn, that's cute.
>>
>>43321
What is Quetzal-chan even the god of?
>>
>>45773

Learning, knowledge, art

A lot of myths also depicted him as being largely responsible for humanity in general. He was a popular god.
>>
>>43428
Wearing of the child flayed skin god was the spring rain god, Tlaloc. If the kids cried during the ritual it meant lots of rain in the coming season
>>
>implying Kukumatz isn't superior

I would expect nothing less from a bunch of mud loving barbarians.
>>
Fuck all you- the Smoking Mirror knows his shit.
>>
File: 1407675714544.jpg (100 KB, 489x578) Image search: [Google]
1407675714544.jpg
100 KB, 489x578
>>47370
>>
>>43557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xW8GjdB-tc

este pendejo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.