[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So tell me, /his/, where does the philosophical justification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Some retarded faggot.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Some retarded faggot.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
So tell me, /his/, where does the philosophical justification to govern come from?
>>
File: 1450244890569.jpg (138 KB, 908x540) Image search: [Google]
1450244890569.jpg
138 KB, 908x540
>Justification

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
>>
File: idiot.gif (3 MB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
idiot.gif
3 MB, 291x300
>Implying any governments beyond democracies need a "justification"
>>
>>433144
The other people let them and no one played assassin.
>>
From the power to govern.

But keep in mind, legitimacy and justice is just another form of power, that compels people either not to exercise their power against you, or exercise their power on your behalf.
>>
>>433230
Pretty much this. States derive legitimacy from monopoly on armed force and consent of the governed, in that order.
>>
>>433144
Might makes right.
>>
>where does the philosophical justification to govern come from?
From the barrel of a gun, and the unwillingness of the governed to fight back.
>>
>>433144
Basically, spook is just social construct.
He is da real first post-modernist, step aside Nietzsche
>>
>>433166
No, you need more of one.
In democracies a party take a mandate from the people every 3-5 years, thus renewing their legitimacy.

Authoritarian regimes need to constantly espouse a justifacatory narrative to maintain control.
Be that the divine right of kings to the necessary preservation of those people from genetically foreign interlopers.

It is all just bullshit aimed to justify the regime, and is actually much more necessary that in working democracies.

Not that democracies aren't without narratives and manipulation, but authoritarian rulers need justification moreso than other forms of government.

I mean when we had a relatively de-centralised feudal system there was no real justification for things, there were simply feudal bonds keeping people in order.
>>
>>433564
G…g…governmentalité?
>>
>>433564
go read some Hobbes, Rousseau, Kant etc and then tell me that they just being immoral.

I'm an Anarchist, but the reason the state developed was tied to deeply reasoned philosophical ideas about how man should live, with many different reasons for it.
It is simply too simple to analyse it all as

>muh don't step on me
>>
>>433144
The consent of the governed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.