[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw will never attend a medieval university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
>tfw will never attend a medieval university
>>
This is a microaggression.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 824x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 824x720
>You will never be like Peter Abelard and seduce nobles' daughters under the guise of being their teacher
Why bother living?
>>
>>431666

I don't think it's worth getting my genitals smashed with a hammer.
>>
File: feel imperiaalgerman.jpg (86 KB, 548x769) Image search: [Google]
feel imperiaalgerman.jpg
86 KB, 548x769
>you will never unite the germanic peoples under one flag again
>the eternal anglo just had to shit on that
>>
Why would you want to learn about humors and theology and shit, anon?
>>
>>431671
Fine, then
>You will never name your unaccredited school the Paraclete just to make the Church sperg out
"...through persecution, my fame increased."
Medieval trolling at its finest
>>
>>431678

You make it sound like they didn't also study real stuff, like math or history.
>>
>>431678

The nice thing with the theology is that generally there was incredibly rigorous philosophy mixed in. They could get away with spending 9/10ths working on the philosophical issues that the theological ones entailed and then wrap up with what it would mean for the theological question they were working on.
>>
>>431696
>philosophy
>rigorous

I have some bad news bud.
>>
>>431742

You only think of philosophy as non-rigorous because you are used to contemporary, pomo, continental fluff and not philosophy at its analytic best.
>>
File: zzzz.png (156 KB, 266x216) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.png
156 KB, 266x216
>>431636
>When you realize sleeping in the lecture hall is a time honored tradition
>>
>>431811
>analytic best
Oxymoron
>>
>>433316
Not really. Analytic philosophy alone understands that philosophy is over and that thought must build a new dwelling. Continental philosophy repeats the same platitudes it's held strong for centuries, but its attempts to move beyond Hegel are doomed to fail. Just let the scientists do the thinking. When philosophers try to rule, madness occurs.
>>
>>433343
Well I guess you stupid then
>>
>>433343
>continental philosophy repeats the same platitudes it's held strong for centuries

JUST

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about.
Post-structuralism is part of the continental school, and that is about the rejection of all historically held platitudes
>>
>>431636

You can. Oxford, Cambridge, Paris etc are all still there.
>>
>Europe had single University system where students and teachers could move from one country to another to keep learning, all in the same language
>We are trying to built a similar system, and yet, we are partially succesful at best
>>
>>433646
You could thank nationalism for that.
>>
File: 1415732988613.png (545 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1415732988613.png
545 KB, 640x640
>>431666
>implying the whole Abelard thrown in the Seine in a bag isn't pure legend
Also
>Peter
Pierre.
>>
>>433598

There could be better ways to do that than post-structuralism, yet contemporary philosophers choose to use an anti-logical methodological joke like post-structuralism as their tool of critique

Go figure!
>>
>>433616

Courses are not still taught in the same way they were in the 1100s-1300s

>tfw your Master's exam was not an adequate substitute for a medieval end of course defense
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.