[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
History of pantsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: m.png (257 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
m.png
257 KB, 500x375
Who invented modern underwear? Was it just loincloths before? Were the Spartan warriors freeballing?
>>
File: Woman taking her panties off.jpg (30 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
Woman taking her panties off.jpg
30 KB, 236x354
>>429902
>Modern Underwear
The 19th Century Europe.

During the medieval ages, Bras and panties were around, though garterless and secured by other means. So too was this big onesie underdress
>>
File: Dudou.jpg (95 KB, 322x429) Image search: [Google]
Dudou.jpg
95 KB, 322x429
>>429943
In the East (well, China really), women had a loincloth and this bra/tank top thing called a dudou. Which is a sheet that is secured via a system of strings and supports the breasts.

It is currently undergoing a modern revival of sorts as a lingerie/tank top. Pic related.
>>
In before the Lengburg castle 'bra and panties'

Its not a bra, it's part of a linen under dress with the bottom part removed. The pants are mens pants similar to the ones seen in dozens of paintings of stripped male martyrs.
>>
>>429953
Yeah, Japanese women didn't wear underwear until the late 1800s.
>>
File: 364563456345.jpg (52 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
364563456345.jpg
52 KB, 300x400
The modern bra and panties combo has existed in some form or other since antiquity.
>>
>>432239
Those are obviously wrappings not seam stitched.
>>
>>429953
That's pretty sexy desu family.
>>
>>432187
This is your boo, freebleeding.
>>
When did the thong come into the scene? Was it the French? I'm betting it was the French.
>>
>>429953
>>432187
Not to get all weeb, but I think I prefer these to the bra and panty combo.
>>
Modern bras have been designed by engineers to support breasts comfortably.

Men's underwear is still relatively crude. Letting the bits dangling about and stick.
>>
>>432239
The context of that mosaic made it clear that it was depicting athletic attire, not underwear.
>>
>>432310
african if you go back far enough

it's been around for a while
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.